Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Is there anyway we come back?

tigerfan2272

Maybe I am clinging to something after having my heart stomped on but is there anyway we can somehow win this series?

I think this series is done, but with their pitching coming up it's certainly possible.. Don't totally count them out yet..

If that's bats wake up just a little bit it's possible, but they've given me no reason to think that's going to happen.

Starting pitching is lined up well for us the remaining 3 games with Verlander, Scherzer and Fister starting the next 3 games. I believe there is 3 keys to coming back to win this series.

Were hitting .172 w/ RiSP this series so far (5 for 29) and that is WITH Cabrera being 2 for 3. So the rest of the team is .115 w/RiSP (3 for 26). For us to have ANY chance at all the remainder of this series we have to have better production for everyone NOT named Cabrera.

We have to have better production from the top half of our lineup around Cabrera. (1 through 5). Currently minus Cabrera our top 5 is hitting .194 (13 for 67) this series. This includes being 2 for 15 w/RiSP and both of those hits are from Austin Jackson. Now just to show as I posted above Miggy is 2 for 3 w/RiSP himself this series.

I understand Young, Vmart and Avila are hurting right now but we HAVE to get some production for those 3 in this series to stand any chance. Currently the 3 are hitting .077 (3 for 39) with Vmart's HR being the only RBI this series from the 3. To stand any chance to make up a 3 game to 1 deficit we have to get more production from these 3 or else its looking forward to next season for us Tiger fans.

Yup..
1. In game five Justin pitches a complete game or at least 8 innings and the Tigers win 8-1 and a mop up guy finishes or he completes the game.

2. In Game six Jackson goes 4-5 and Miguel hits 2 homers Max goes seven the Tigers drop a 5 spot in the first inning and Texas is finally gripping knowing a game seven is coming tigers win going away 9-3.

3... In Games Seven both teams are tight but Fister is dealing again but the Tiger bats go cold again but both pitcher go until the seventh when Alex Avila hits a 2 out double that clears the bases and the Tigers win 3-0 behind Fister, JB, and Valverde

Go Tigers..

Another interesting fact on tonight's game that goes to show you that Washington is hell bent on not letting Cabrera beat them this series.

According to ESPN Stats & Info Blog...

"The Rangers intentional walk of Miguel Cabrera with one out and nobody on base was only the 10th free pass in postseason history with nobody on and the previous nine all came with two outs."

"There were only three intentional walks with nobody on base this year during the regular season, all of which came with two outs."

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Yup..
1. In game five Justin pitches a complete game or at least 8 innings and the Tigers win 8-1 and a mop up guy finishes or he completes the game.

2. In Game six Jackson goes 4-5 and Miguel hits 2 homers Max goes seven the Tigers drop a 5 spot in the first inning and Texas is finally gripping knowing a game seven is coming tigers win going away 9-3.

3... In Games Seven both teams are tight but Fister is dealing again but the Tiger bats go cold again but both pitcher go until the seventh when Alex Avila hits a 2 out double that clears the bases and the Tigers win 3-0 behind Fister, JB, and Valverde

Go Tigers..

I like it! Do you have tonight's lottery numbers?

pr0tege said:
Starting pitching is lined up well for us the remaining 3 games with Verlander, Scherzer and Fister starting the next 3 games. I believe there is 3 keys to coming back to win this series.

Were hitting .172 w/ RiSP this series so far (5 for 29) and that is WITH Cabrera being 2 for 3. So the rest of the team is .115 w/RiSP (3 for 26). For us to have ANY chance at all the remainder of this series we have to have better production for everyone NOT named Cabrera.

We have to have better production from the top half of our lineup around Cabrera. (1 through 5). Currently minus Cabrera our top 5 is hitting .194 (13 for 67) this series. This includes being 2 for 15 w/RiSP and both of those hits are from Austin Jackson. Now just to show as I posted above Miggy is 2 for 3 w/RiSP himself this series.

I understand Young, Vmart and Avila are hurting right now but we HAVE to get some production for those 3 in this series to stand any chance. Currently the 3 are hitting .077 (3 for 39) with Vmart's HR being the only RBI this series from the 3. To stand any chance to make up a 3 game to 1 deficit we have to get more production from these 3 or else its looking forward to next season for us Tiger fans.

Great stats..thanks. +1...Well shitty stats but thanks for posting them.

I think that they can come back, but I also think that they will still fall short, doubt if they can stretch this to a Game 7, we'll obviously soon see how much intestinal fortitude remains.

JV has to be dynamite. If we can get it to 3-2! I think we can win. Scherzer has been pitching well, on the road nonetheless. And Fister game 7 is advantage for Detroit the way he's dealing.

There is always a chance they come back and win this thing. If Verlander goes out and dominates today and the offense comes alive in a big way in game 6, I think there will be a lot of people picking the Tigers in game 7 with a repeat of the Fister/Lewis matchup. One game at a time though...

Yes they can comeback. They need to ambush Texas' starters early, build a lead, and pitch well. If the games remain nip-and-tuck and it becomes a battle of bullpens, Texas wins.

In all the sports that have seven game playoff series, coming back from down 3-1 is improbable, but sure, it happens from time to time.

In all three losses the Tigers have been in it all the way and have just come up short - previous posts in this thread have pointed to the anemic BA with RISP - that's the key - gotta start picking these guys up.

Everybody expects Verlander to be lights out - Tigers need lights out from both Fister and Sherzer too - both are capable, just need to come through.

I'm gonna continue tuning in until the last out, either way....

Possible sure but we need quite a few things IMO,

-Verlander needs to be dominant in Game 5 pitches complete game.
-Cabrera becomes red hot in the final 3 games (3-4 HRs, 8-10 RBIs)
-Avila and Peralta come through and spark the lineup with key hits.

Plunk Cruz with the first pitch. I know he doesn't bat lead off. Throw it in the dugout. Start a brawl. The Tigers offense has to get some fire inside the guts.

I know this is completely irrational logic. But I am grasping at straws after watching the first 4 games.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Possible sure but we need quite a few things IMO,

-Verlander needs to be dominant in Game 5 pitches complete game.
-Cabrera becomes red hot in the final 3 games (3-4 HRs, 8-10 RBIs)
-Avila and Peralta come through and spark the lineup with key hits.

I really doubt it very much that Avila will snap out of his postseason doldrums, at least not in this series, not impossible, but extremely unlikely.

Outside of his Game 4 performance, and upon rare occasions when AJax had a brief string of regular-season games when he started to hit like a leadoff hitter should, he otherwise has been one of the absolute worst leadoff hitters that I have ever seen on any Tigers teams over the past 45 years.

Peralta has blown hot and cold, but mostly cold, he has been like a human barometer of the entire lineup during this postseason.

I'm saying the series goes seven. We've got a definite shot of coming back, but we've got to start hitting better.

Back