Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jack Morris Suspended for his remarks

Cancel culture strikes again, while Rome burns all we care about is stupid shit this world does in fact suck

Cancel culture strikes again, while Rome burns all we care about is stupid shit this world does in fact suck

Nah, he should have known better.

You know that in our own little ?safe space? on our politics board I post shit - because I think it?s funny - that I would never say in a situation where I was representing a product that involved someone else (when the product is proprietarily mine - like for example in the case of my own penis - then there are no holds barred - OK wait, maybe hold that thought).

Back in the 70s, in the age of Norman Lear, no color analyst would have thought edgy ethnic comedy was their niche.

Curt Gowdy: Hey Tony, baseball is exploding in the Pacific Islands. Some are actually predicting it won?t be long until there are big league ball players from that part of the world. Just check my impression of an Oriental shortstop!?

(Gowdy uses his two thumbs to make each corresponding eye squinty and slanted)

?Hey, how I gong feew da bo wiv my hangs ove my eye wike dis??

Would never have happened.

Morris should have known better.

Nah, he should have known better.

You know that in our own little ?safe space? on our politics board I post shit - because I think it?s funny - that I would never say in a situation where I was representing a product that involved someone else (when the product is proprietarily mine - like for example in the case of my own penis - then there are no holds barred - OK wait, maybe hold that thought).

Back in the 70s, in the age of Norman Lear, no color analyst would have thought edgy ethnic comedy was their niche.

Curt Gowdy: Hey Tony, baseball is exploding in the Pacific Islands. Some are actually predicting it won?t be long until there are big league ball players from that part of the world. Just check my impression of an Oriental shortstop!?

(Gowdy uses his two thumbs to make each corresponding eye squinty and slanted)

?Hey, how I gong feew da bo wiv my hangs ove my eye wike dis??

Would never have happened.

Morris should have known better.

Fair enough but the USA is still way too sensitive the unhappy left is brining the whole world down with em

Makes me wonder why ESPN did not suspend Stephen A. Smith for saying this about Ohtani:

"when you talk about an audience gravitating to the tube or to the ballpark ... I don't think it helps that the No. 1 face is a dude that needs an interpreter."

Premeditated, honest, ignorant on its face, inaccurate to the core, and an abject example of a statement that demonstrates a stunning lack of understanding of what motivates baseball fans to follow the sport. From a guy who makes $10,000,000 a year.

All he needed to do was "apologize." And he avoided "bias training" which, it seems to me, to be the last thing Morris needs, given the base interpretation of the term.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder why ESPN did not suspend Stephen A. Smith for saying this about Ohtani:

"when you talk about an audience gravitating to the tube or to the ballpark ... I don't think it helps that the No. 1 face is a dude that needs an interpreter."

Premeditated, honest, ignorant on its face, inaccurate to the core, and an abject example of a statement that demonstrates a stunning lack of understanding of what motivates baseball fans to follow the sport. From a guy who makes $10,000,000 a year.

All he needed to do was "apologize." And he avoided "bias training" which, it seems to me, to be the last thing Morris needs, given the base interpretation of the term.

I took what Smith said differently. I thought he was saying it because he is foreign and doesn't speak English...nothing more and nothing less.

I took what Smith said differently. I thought he was saying it because he is foreign and doesn't speak English...nothing more and nothing less.

There was a tinge of sarcasm intended. The point is the selective and capricious repercussions for what people say on the airwaves.

Did you move it Tinsel? It's not political even a little.

Make up your mind.

It was posted in Lions forum, I moved it comment 3. Somehow it got to the political board, my comment below that. It's quite simple really, lol.

I thought it was an Elmer Fudd voice too. I would say apologize and move on but all an apology does is add fuel to the fire for the woke FB/Twitter mobs on the left. Look at Baily Sports and their statement which strikes me of feigning some false moral indignation. They are going to make Jack undergo training. Everything has to be like a Maoist struggle session. We are making a mountain out of a molehill here. Can we ever just forget it and move on?

I thought it was an Elmer Fudd voice too. I would say apologize and move on but all an apology does is add fuel to the fire for the woke FB/Twitter mobs on the left. Look at Baily Sports and their statement which strikes me of feigning some false moral indignation. They are going to make Jack undergo training. Everything has to be like a Maoist struggle session. We are making a mountain out of a molehill here. Can we ever just forget it and move on?

He did apologize. He apologized that very telecast, the next time Ohtani stepped to the plate. I posted a link on the August 17 game thread, post #31.

It was posted in Lions forum, I moved it comment 3. Somehow it got to the political board, my comment below that. It's quite simple really, lol.

It was in the Lions forum? lol.
okay all is good. Thanks Mitch.

Yeah, that's my fault, obviously. Wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.

Thanks for moving it.....whoever did it.

Was you drunk?

I want to tell you guys something really funny? I?m pretty sure the Tigers wear shirts that say Tigres and are called Los Tigers?sometimes?so anyway the Dodgers are doing the same thing?but there?s no Spanish word for Dodger?BUT there?s a common pronunciation for ?Dodgers? for transition Spanish to English speakers, and it?s Doy-yers?so the spelling is the same but the pronunciation is Doy-yer?

In other words, the Dodgers are promoting and encouraging fans to do the exact same thing that Morris is being suspended for.

Yeah, that's my fault, obviously. Wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.

Thanks for moving it.....whoever did it.

Was you drunk?

I want to tell you guys something really funny? I?m pretty sure the Tigers wear shirts that say Tigres and are called Los Tigers?sometimes?so anyway the Dodgers are doing the same thing?but there?s no Spanish word for Dodger?BUT there?s a common pronunciation for ?Dodgers? for transition Spanish to English speakers, and it?s Doy-yers?so the spelling is the same but the pronunciation is Doy-yer?

In other words, the Dodgers are promoting and encouraging fans to do the exact same thing that Morris is being suspended for.

Los Doyers

Last edited:
Back