Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jay Glazer is a hack

motown1958

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...-refutes-report-Ndamukong-Suh-unruly-practice

Basically the article refutes what Glazer said about Suh attacking people on offense and being given free reign to hurt his own teammates. I have never read anything about Suh acting like this in practice and for all the hoopla people make about him, he seems well liked by the other players. If he was acting like this we would have heard something by now. With the likes of Raiola and Burleson there would have been something said to the media. What lunacy and what could be construed as libel.

Last edited:
There's so much secrecy involved in these locker rooms and organizations that it's probably easy to come up with this BS. I imagine most (if not all) of these practices are closed off and recordings aren't allowed, so we rely entirely on the word of the reporters...their interpretations, their exaggerations, and their ability to recall information. It's all hearsay at best usually...coaches and organizations will always deny everything until there's evidence to the contrary, and these reporters can't exactly "prove" anything.

One could argue "where there's smoke, there's fire"...but even then, I doubt Suh is that bad in practice. I'm sure most players have their aggressive moments in practice, Suh is only getting singled out because of the convenient timing of everything (with the illegal block/fine and the cable man). How much you want to bet that if Suh never made that block and never got fined, that this story would still have come out?

I'm cautious when it comes to reports like these and I tend to rely on the side of evidence, and all we have here are quotes from Glazer thrown together based on what he "heard".

"Glazer didn’t say when Suh apparently did these things during practice."

How convenient.

What we do know...Suh is a captain who has clearly earned the respect of his teammates. I'd argue that nothing else matters beyond that.

i remember watching Glazer running his mouth on Suh last Sunday. i kinda had one of those 'wtf moments' when he was talking about him.

I just don't even understand why this even was said. Its not like he goes out and stomps people and hurts people every game. He is not a bad guy but has been prone to letting his emotions get the best of him. The greatest players on the defensive side of the ball from footballs beginnings to the mid 90's were all in the Suh mold. If you look at guys like Jack Tatum, Mean Joe Green (that entire steel curtain defense), Alex Karas and the list goes on you are left with a bunch of guys that would be on the NFL hit list right now. These guys hit hard and with anger. They wanted you to know that this game means war and for people to bemoan that like espnsucks and fox is atrocious. I am already convinced that the NFL has ruined the spirit of football. I understand protecting players and its important. But games have become really hard to watch. The refs are throwing flags almost relentlessly and we dont even know what is a catch and what isn't. You can't really punish people for crossing the middle of the field or jumping for a ball. Then you get a guy like Suh who is just a beast and really punishes people then villainize him and get people to buy into it. He has crossed the line in the past but the low block was a foul but not a 100,000 dollar intent to injure fine type. Just like his hit on Cutler should have not even been a foul let alone a fine. Its just ludicrous but as long as people buy into it then it will continue.

Back