Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jonathan Smith Reported As New Coach

Trent Bray named HC at Oregon State, turning down Smith?s MSU offer. That?s disappointing and a bit surprising that he?d choose to stay at a conferenceless program that will probably lose a bunch of players to the portal, has little recruiting cache and is going to get near zero exposure playing basically a Mountain West schedule. Even if he wants to move to a better HC job, I have to think MSU is a better launching pad.

So I guess I won't have much interest in bowl season afterall...

Last edited:
Smith hires Joe Rosse from MN to be his defensive coordinator. Can't say I know anything about this guy or his defenses at Minnie but at least now we know who it's going to be.

Barnett is leaving the program. Mixed feelings as I think the guy is a Spartan through and through - he as 20 years with the program as a player and coach, but he's not getting it done as a coach.

Apparently he was a candidate for the secondary coach position (I thought J2x said he wouldn't be a coach and that he was staying on as a consultant - imagine that, he got something wrong) but was told recently that they'll be interviewing 3 other candidates as well. He saw the writing on the wall and will be looking elsewhere. All the best to him in his next job.

Last edited:
Looks like Jay Johnson may be getting the OC/QB coach at Wyoming. Sorry about that Cowboys...

Not sure where to put this one. Don't really feel like digging up an old Mel Tucker thread so I guess this is as good a place as any.

Former MSU defensive consultant Brandon Jordan takes a defensive assistant role with OSU...

Back