Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

KC celebrating like they already won it..

biggunsbob

I guess Boston did the same thing after Fisk's homer verses the reds in game

Last edited:
They might have.

Giants got absolutely mauled tonight, going to be hard not to feel that going in to game 7 on the road with Hudson starting, who hasn't been solid his last 2 starts.

Go Royals.

Fuck the giants.

KC looks be in... I just do not have a real rooting interest in this series I hope it goes 56 innings.. Fuck both teams...
I don't want SF to win their 3rd in 5 years
and fuck a team we crushed regularly all season..
I Wish DD could put a winning playoff team together...
I appreciate that he helped turn us around but I am tired of his flawed baseball
logic..

Last edited:
KC baseball is flawed too, theyre just ridiculously hot right now. Plus their bullpen is stupidly good.

KC looks be in... I just do not have a real rooting interest in this series I hope it goes 56 innings.. Fuck both teams...
I don't want SF to win their 3rd in 5 years
and fuck a team we crushed regularly all season..
I Wish DD could put a winning playoff team together...
I appreciate that he helped turn us around but I am tired of his flawed baseball
logic..

So we crushed them regularly. That really means nothing at all. Unless we had not shit the bed and faced them in the ALCS, then maybe is would have meant something.

Minnesota beat us 10 out of 19, Seattle 4 out of 6, and Toronto 5 out of 6 times. We were better than all those teams. Except head to head.

Thanks to the AS team who got them a home game 7. I hate the Giants but I find it impossible to root for the Royals.

So we crushed them regularly. That really means nothing at all. Unless we had not shit the bed and faced them in the ALCS, then maybe is would have meant something.

Minnesota beat us 10 out of 19, Seattle 4 out of 6, and Toronto 5 out of 6 times. We were better than all those teams. Except head to head.

I doesn't mean I have to root for them...

Except for when I have been out to establishments where the World Series was being shown on television, I haven't watched even a single pitch.

I didn't watch any of last year's World Series, either.

Except for when I have been out to establishments where the World Series was being shown on television, I haven't watched even a single pitch.

I didn't watch any of last year's World Series, either.

Same. In fact, not only have I not watched a single live pitch, I haven't even seen a highlight. I just don't care.

Same. In fact, not only have I not watched a single live pitch, I haven't even seen a highlight. I just don't care.

That seems to be very common with baseball. People care about their own team and don't have much interest watching others. It how I am too.

Football on the other hand I can't watch pretty much any game.
The few basketball games I watch I prefer to watch good teams over Detroit when bad.
Hockey pretty much only red wings.

Thank god you 3 guys all cared enough to post about how much you don't care.

The rest of us can sleep at night now.

I don't care either.. Now you can sleep even better. I use to live love watching playoff baseball but the past 5 years or so.. It just drains me. I blame ESPN.

I don't care either.. Now you can sleep even better. I use to live love watching playoff baseball but the past 5 years or so.. It just drains me. I blame ESPN.

I don't watch the playoffs much either but I don't blame ESPN...I blame MLB. I wanted to watch some of the Cardinals SF NLCS one evening but couldn't find it on TV. I had to call my neighbor who is a Cardinal fan to see what channel it was on. It was on Fox1...WTF? I didn't even know what channel number that was on my cable. TBS, TNT, ESPN, Fox, Fox1....I don't even know where to look for the games anymore!

I don't watch the playoffs much either but I don't blame ESPN...I blame MLB. I wanted to watch some of the Cardinals SF NLCS one evening but couldn't find it on TV. I had to call my neighbor who is a Cardinal fan to see what channel it was on. It was on Fox1...WTF? I didn't even know what channel number that was on my cable. TBS, TNT, ESPN, Fox, Fox1....I don't even know where to look for the games anymore!

I blame ESPN for everything even non-sports related. Kind of like how michchamp blames President Bush for everything..

In any event it just bores me these days.. When I was younger I'd watch any game that was on..

One of the big mistakes IMO is MLB taking the playoffs (not World Series) away from teams local broadcasters. The whole idea that a game is on TBS or TNT if one runs too long is stupid, and then have a couple thrown in on Fox or MLBN, or FS1 is just stupidly confusing. This is mostly due to expanding the playoffs to try to squeeze more money out of the postseason. A side effect was it also kills interest.

And terrible ratings reflect how bad it is.

As for the World Series, any time it's not the Yankees vs. Dodgers the rating are going to be poor, it's just a fact. But IMO real baseball fans follow it anyways even if they don't watch all the games, they still maintain an interest.

I always watch the World Series, maybe not religiously and every pitch but I always watch. I watch a little bit of the Cup when the Wings aren't in it, 3rd period anyways. I simply don't give a shit about the NBA Finals and haven't watched 5 minutes combined over the last 3 years.

I always watch the World Series, maybe not religiously and every pitch but I always watch. I watch a little bit of the Cup when the Wings aren't in it, 3rd period anyways. I simply don't give a shit about the NBA Finals and haven't watched 5 minutes combined over the last 3 years.

I rarely watch any baseball unless the Tigers are playing. I won't watch a second of the Stanley Cup even if the Wings are playing. NBA...don't watch any unless it is the Pistons and rarely even watch them. Football...will watch any big game in college and any NFL game if I have a few fantasy players going. College BBall...might tune in to some Big 10 match ups and will watch the tourney until my bracket is busted. If my bracket is busted I don't even tune in to the final 4.

Heading out... hopefully the game will be over before I get home...doubtful though...

Back