Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Keith Appling??

Facts are still coming out but it's reported that the gun was in his car, he didn't bring it in. The question I have was why was the car searched? Did something happen inside and the the police searched his car?

i understand a hand gun, but a damn AK47? There is no possible explanation for having it.

Facts are still coming out but it's reported that the gun was in his car, he didn't bring it in. The question I have was why was the car searched? Did something happen inside and the the police searched his car?

They are trying to make is sound like he brought it in there! Well if hes 18 without a felony he could have it but maybe because it was in plain view and not in the trunk they gave him a citation? thats my guess:shrug:

They are trying to make is sound like he brought it in there! Well if hes 18 without a felony he could have it but maybe because it was in plain view and not in the trunk they gave him a citation? thats my guess:shrug:
It's tough to judge when you don't know all of the facts. Was the gun loaded? Was it obtained legally? Why did they look in his car? I'll give it time, obviously he made a mistake but details matter. It was being reported that he brought it in with him, now it's coming out that it was just in the car, that's a huge difference.

It's tough to judge when you don't know all of the facts. Was the gun loaded? Was it obtained legally? Why did they look in his car? I'll give it time, obviously he made a mistake but details matter. It was being reported that he brought it in with him, now it's coming out that it was just in the car, that's a huge difference.

This was one of those stories that seemed like it was at best partially true. While it's very possible he was dumb enough to have a loaded rifle in his car, the details seemed totally unbelievable - no mention of a confrontation, he wasn't robbing the place, etc so why bring a huge rifle into a strip joint? An illegal concealed pistol I could easily believe, loaded rifle in the car, also not surprising but who saunters into a gentlemen's club with a loaded AK47 casually slung over their shoulder as the stories seem to indicate?

this is from the freep today, not a good situation but obviously different than what people originally thought

Dearborn police were called to the club in the 12900 block of Michigan Avenue about 6:47 p.m. Sunday. They saw a car in the parking lot matching the description given by security and approached Appling, who was in the driver's seat, according to the release.

Police searched the car and allege that Appling had a handgun under the driver's seat, a small amount of suspected marijuana inside the car and a loaded weapon in the trunk. He was arrested at the scene.

this is from the freep today, not a good situation but obviously different than what people originally thought

Dearborn police were called to the club in the 12900 block of Michigan Avenue about 6:47 p.m. Sunday. They saw a car in the parking lot matching the description given by security and approached Appling, who was in the driver's seat, according to the release.

Police searched the car and allege that Appling had a handgun under the driver's seat, a small amount of suspected marijuana inside the car and a loaded weapon in the trunk. He was arrested at the scene.

Cant have guns and pot together unless he has a medical marijuana card and a concealed permit. Not nearly as bad as it first sounded. Thats not going to further him in any sort of career though.

Not good, but I think whoever broke the original story should find a new career.

Not good, but I think whoever broke the original story should find a new career.

WXYZ's "report"

Bad news for former Spartan Keith Appling. Sources tell us he was arrested over the weekend in Dearborn at a strip club with a loaded AK-47

M Live's description

Former Michigan State point guard Keith Appling was arrested over the weekend carrying a loaded AK-47 at a Dearborn strip club, according to a report from WXYZ.

Freep report

The real difference is MLive's description that he was carrying the loaded gun...which makes it sound much worse than if it were a loaded gun in his trunk.

This does show he has poor judgement. Going to a strip club for dinner?

I thought the same thing, that isn't a crime but maybe it should be.

The more I hear about this, the more pissed I get. the whole situation sucks, being arrested because he "fit the description" of another young black male but more than that the report that he walked into a strip club with an assault rifle when in fact he had a pistol in his trunk. Of course the damage is done, sports radio had a field day with this and I'm sure the UM slappies got their kicks in based on the initial report. I'm not blaming those people, they were going off of what was reported but it s a completely irresponsible report.

The more I hear about this, the more pissed I get. the whole situation sucks, being arrested because he "fit the description" of another young black male but more than that the report that he walked into a strip club with an assault rifle when in fact he had a pistol in his trunk. Of course the damage is done, sports radio had a field day with this and I'm sure the UM slappies got their kicks in based on the initial report. I'm not blaming those people, they were going off of what was reported but it s a completely irresponsible report.

The initial "sensational" report is always front page news. The retraction (if it comes) is on the back page in small print.

Is Keith Appling in danger of some sort??

Is the KGB after him??

Regardless if the story is being sensationalized to get clicks or not......why in the fuck would you bring an AK-47 to a strip club??

Maybe he misheard his friends telling him to bring 47K to the club. Instead of 5's and 1's he grab a gun??

Is the KGB after him??

Regardless if the story is being sensationalized to get clicks or not......why in the fuck would you bring an AK-47 to a strip club??

Maybe he misheard his friends telling him to bring 47K to the club. Instead of 5's and 1's he grab a gun??

It sounds like there was no AK 47...just two guns, one of which was loaded.

Is the KGB after him??

Perfect example of why media needs to be held accountable for reporting half ass information.

I did laugh at that last line though

it seemed pretty obvious to any rational person that the details of the story were inaccurate. So anyone running to the internet to post and talk smack about him and the program is a gullible fool who just wants to believe anything that puts MSU or it's players in a bad light.

That said, if these new details are an accurate portrayal of the story, Appling probably deserves a fairly large dose of criticism for his judgement (or lack of) and actions.

it seemed pretty obvious to any rational person that the details of the story were inaccurate. So anyone running to the internet to post and talk smack about him and the program is a gullible fool who just wants to believe anything that puts MSU or it's players in a bad light.

That said, if these new details are an accurate portrayal of the story, Appling probably deserves a fairly large dose of criticism for his judgement (or lack of) and actions.

Let's see what comes out of the probable cause hearing tomorrow, it's still not certain if the search was legal. he supposedly fit the description of someone the police were looking for, a young black male in a black dodge charger, he was driving a blue dodge challenger.

There was also something mentioned about him being licensed to carry, need some more details around that. Having a loaded gun in the trunk, even if you are licensed to carry is poor judgement but it's such a far cry vs what was originally reported. it's like being reported that you led police on a high speed chase when all you did was get a speeding ticket.

Back