Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Kobe Bryant - R.I.P.

Nobody understands, who doesn’t live in this region...that it’s a series of micro-climates. There is no way of knowing when taking off from John Wayne Airport what the visibility will be going over the 101 pass from the Valley into the 805, 30 miles to the north.

Burbank NTSB needed to order the flight grounded at either Burbank Airport, or at Van Nuys Airport.

It?s weird. John Wayne let them fly. Other airports were closed In Los Angeles ? Police and fire had grounded all helicopters right ? I wonder if they let him go because it was Kobe ? What do you think Tinsel? Or is John Wayne airport more liberal in letting pilots fly ?

Last edited:
It?s weird. John Wayne let them fly. Other airports were closed In Los Angeles ? Police and fire had grounded all helicopters right ? I wonder if they let him go because it was Kobe ? What do you think Tinsel? Or is John Wayne airport more liberal in letting pilots fly ?

I kind of answered it in post #21 - NTSB at John Wayne wouldn?t know what conditions were going to like going through Calabasas a half hour later.

NTSB at Burbank gave them special clearance to continue - apparently a mistake.

So I have the Fox full day coverage of LIV on they were talking about Kobe Bryant’s animated short film Dear Basketball and I’m thinking to myself “damn-Bradshaw, Long and Strahan have all had gigs in the movies - but not a one of them ever won an Oscar!”

hopefully, after the SB we won't have to watch people cry about him anymore. It's getting REALLY old.

hopefully, after the SB we won't have to watch people cry about him anymore. It's getting REALLY old.

To put it delicately...I live here in LA, and you have no idea.

For over a week the metro buses, instead of show the line # and the destination have been displaying ?RIP KOBE.?

I?m like you - I feel as bad for his family as I feel for the families of anonymous people who die in transit mishaps - all too bad.

One thing though ? take away the fame of one of the passengers, this still was a bizarre calamity. It probably would have been fairly big news on its own just based on the sheer weirdness.

Three weeks after this post...yet another Kobe Bryant memorial celebration going on right now, in downtown LA.

If people keep this shit up, Kobe is going to come to rival Jesus.

Statistically, seven firefighters would have been killed in the line of duty since the crash.

Weird year, eh?

First there was the crash and the deaths tragic - barely a month after the impeachment and actually before the trial had been concluded.

Then there was the annoying never ending Kobe coverage and the memorials.

Then came the Covid-19 and the lockdowns.

Then came the riots.

Then the election, and another riot.

Then another impeachment.

So this morning, I turn on radio and what do I hear?

A radio station is replaying the breaking news of the story of the crash from a year ago.

God dammit.

Weird year, eh?

First there was the crash and the deaths tragic - barely a month after the impeachment and actually before the trial had been concluded.

Then there was the annoying never ending Kobe coverage and the memorials.

Then came the Covid-19 and the lockdowns.

Then came the riots.

Then the election, and another riot.

Then another impeachment.

So this morning, I turn on radio and what do I hear?

A radio station is replaying the breaking news of the story of the crash from a year ago.

God dammit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFvIvNRUUao

reminds me of a movie I liked

One of the few stars of other teams I really liked was Kobe Bryant but when they talk about the crash it bothers me they say Kobe, his daughter and 7 other people.

Why doesn't anyone name the 7 others by name or something. Like they are just lumped in.

One of the few stars of other teams I really liked was Kobe Bryant but when they talk about the crash it bothers me they say Kobe, his daughter and 7 other people.

Why doesn't anyone name the 7 others by name or something. Like they are just lumped in.

because people are star struck idiots. I'm with you, except I always thought Kobe was a total tool and a rapist. I didn't give two shits about him (I wasn't happy he died, but didn't give a shit). When it happened, I felt much worse for the other family (Kobe's daughter's friend and her parents) because there was a teenage girl left behind who lost her entire family in that crash.

because people are star struck idiots. I'm with you, except I always thought Kobe was a total tool and a rapist. I didn't give two shits about him (I wasn't happy he died, but didn't give a shit). When it happened, I felt much worse for the other family (Kobe's daughter's friend and her parents) because there was a teenage girl left behind who lost her entire family in that crash.

After I wrote that I realize I meant just on basketball alone. As a person not so much. I also believed he raped that girl.

The list of famous people dying in small-aircraft is lengthy. Some may say “because that’s how they get around,” but, still ...

Oh, for the love of God.

No, it isn?t the Delta variant, or even Delta 2.

Tomorrow is Kobe Bryant day.

Jesus fuckin? Christ.

Is it his birthday?

No.

Is it the anniversary of day he died?

No.

It is literally the date that commemorates the marriage of the two numbers he wore on the basketball court.

Jesus fuckin? Christ.

There was literally a Congressional Resolution introduced to recognize it.

Jesus fuckin? Christ.

In the words of every Bond/Adam West Batman villain ?will you just finally fucking die, for the Love of God??

Last edited:
^^^^^Our Congressional Representatives worship and adore false idols.^^^^^

And, in doing so, our Congressional Representatives are linked to them in the desire to sell their souls for ? what ? exactly ? that actually ? lasts?

I do not endorse your repeated violation of the 2nd Commandment, but I guess you are rather exorcised over this.

Last edited:
^^^^^Our Congressional Representatives worship and adore false idols.^^^^^

And, in doing so, our Congressional Representatives are linked to them in the desire to sell their souls for ? what ? exactly ? that actually ? lasts?

I do not endorse your repeated violation of the 2nd Commandment, but I guess you are rather exorcised over this.

I probably would not have these that epitaph where I to do it over again.

Well guys, in case you didn?t know or forgot, Kobe Bryant is dead.

It was two years ago today.

It seemed like a big deal to lots of people at the time.

Ironically, the former Staples Center, now Crypto.com Arena, is generally being referred to by everyone who isn?t a broadcaster doing the play by play for a team that play there, as ?the Crypt,? which is ironic, because Kobe Bryant played there.

And he?s dead.

Back