Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Leshoure

Yzermaniac

Hoping we can trade him as he does not seem necessary. I am looking at you Cardinals. Ellington cannot pound and there depth is pretty bad. Any thoughts on what happens with Mikel?

I don't think LeShoure has shown anything that would make another team spend assets to acquire. Cardinals don't really need a "big back" that can't break tackles or move the pile.

I expect him to be cut eventually, catch on a practice squad or two, then be out of the league. The injury hurt his athleticism, and the way RBs are going now, you could get an equally talented player in the 5-7th rounds every year.

I agree with you, but of course was hoping liking a Lions fan does. Achilles really seem like a death sentence.

if they wanted a big back that was injured all the time they would have just kept beanie.

if they wanted a big back that was injured all the time they would have just kept beanie.

Besides the Achilles, what injuries do you mean? He didn't play last year because of Bell and Schwartz. He was a healthy scratch.

Besides the Achilles, what injuries do you mean? He didn't play last year because of Bell and Schwartz. He was a healthy scratch.

So youre saying he was perfectly healthy and he was stashed behind bush, an UDFA and a 6th round STer....and you think we'd get something for him in a trade? If youre at all a lions fan you have to hope that he was still not 100% from his achilies tear last year....either that or youre chalking it up to yet another mayhew rd 2 bust with no talent.

Last edited:
He went 1000 all purpose in 2012 with 9 td a year after the achilles. He does not play special teams and therefore unneeded on game day.

He went 1000 all purpose in 2012 with 9 td a year after the achilles. He does not play special teams and therefore unneeded on game day.

Finally someone who gets it.

He can have a role in Lombardi's offense.

Achilles are by most measures a freak injury. If you want to say Mayhew should have predicted it, than I guess he was a bust.

Who gives a fk..he didn't play last season. Bust, no bust..he was worthless.

Finally someone who gets it.

He can have a role in Lombardi's offense.

How? Passing league with at least two guys ahead of him on the depth chart, and two TE sets. There's no room for him..

How? Passing league with at least two guys ahead of him on the depth chart, and two TE sets. There's no room for him..

N.O. had 3-4 backs getting touches in their offense. He will get some touches this year and we will see what he can do.

N.O. had 3-4 backs getting touches in their offense. He will get some touches this year and we will see what he can do.

We're not NO, Lombardi doesn't change that. And Staff isn't Brees..And the fact he didn't play last season so he's rusty as hell. He won't be getting good touches, not if Lombardi is smart about it..

Last edited:
Achilles are by most measures a freak injury. If you want to say Mayhew should have predicted it, than I guess he was a bust.

I didn't say he was a bust...you were implying it. You said he was 100% healthy last year and didn't play. My argument was atleast giving leshoure the benefit of the doubt that he WAS NOT 100% healthy last year. Id love to see him 100% this year and take carries away from Bell. That would mean he was atleast somewhat deserving of a rd 2 pick. If he rides the pine all year....it pretty much paints him as yet another mayhew rd 2 bust....injury or no injury.

We're not NO, Lombardi doesn't change that. And Staff isn't Brees..And the fact he didn't play last season so he's rusty as hell. He won't be getting good touches, not if Lombardi is smart about it..

Are you drunk? We are using New Orleans playbook which will require NO personnel. It's a fact. Ebron pick wreaks of Jimmy Graham necessity.

I didn't say he was a bust...you were implying it. You said he was 100% healthy last year and didn't play. My argument was atleast giving leshoure the benefit of the doubt that he WAS NOT 100% healthy last year. Id love to see him 100% this year and take carries away from Bell. That would mean he was atleast somewhat deserving of a rd 2 pick. If he rides the pine all year....it pretty much paints him as yet another mayhew rd 2 bust....injury or no injury.

I'm hoping Leshoure does something because he's 4 years younger. Bell has been healthy and unused, sure, but hits are going to start taking a bigger toll on him soon.

You need to also qualify that. Yes he had 1000 all purpose yards, but he was also a generally poor runner (3.7 y/a) with a career long of 16 yards. His receiving skills were poor too (6.3 y/ca). Just because he piled up somewhat respectable stats on a lot of attempts doesn't make him a good player. After the Achilles he lost a ton of explosion and a good deal of strength. Even if he was healthy last year, he wasn't better than the guys in front of him, and 4th RBs have almost no trade value.

It wan't Mayhew's fault Mikel got hurt, but the injury has completely ruined his career.

Found bell on waiver wire and got bush on good deal. Stacked at rb and no special teams doesn't mean leshoure sucks.

Are you drunk? We are using New Orleans playbook which will require NO personnel. It's a fact. Ebron pick wreaks of Jimmy Graham necessity.

The big difference we have Stafford not Brees. You're too stupid to realize Brees is much better..And their defense was much better. Were not Seattle and we're not NO.

Back