Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Let's Go, Brandon!

What is the budget though? that's the issue. THey're dumping money on the police, and for what? It's not money well spent.

Thanks for unintentionally supporting the points I'm making.

how did I support your points? By refuting them with data that shows you're wrong? The budget can't be the issue if they're not spending it because they can't hire anyone. The idea that urban America is in shambles because too much money is being spent on policing is possibly the most obviously wrong and dumbest statement ever uttered.

The issue is they're not putting enough money into the police department - that's part of the problem. The other part is they're blaming the cops and making victims of the criminals. The electorate does deserve some of the blame because when one of these idiots fails (for example Lori Lightfoot), they vote for someone who will bring more of the same (Brandon Johnson).

Last edited:
You would understand what's meant by peaceably assemble, but what would you be doing if you had grown up in the same circumstances as all these kids?

When I lived in Chicago, I read a lot of long form pieces studying the employment prospects of kids in majority black neighborhoods... there's not much to do besides work at a fast food joint and put up with that shit for poverty wagers, or sell drugs.

And policies (from both political parties) have for decades now contributed to impoverishing and disinvesting public programs and services for majority black and hispanic neighborhoods.

ALL that has contributed to this situation; to call a handful of kids animals after all that (as many are doing, or basically doing) displays a shocking lack of empathy that's unfortunately all too common.

It's going to take a generation of re-investing in these communities (the government will have to do it since no one else will) to start to right the ship and fill the void that these kids grew up in. I hope Johnson has the stones to perservere and the political chops to fight off the continuous attacks of the billionaires and corporate power along with their hired goons in the police unions that are already (as you can see from the media coverage) trying to undermine him. They'll do worse if they can't neutralize him politically and sway public opinion to vote him out in 2028.

And why do you think it's the case that the only opportunities are working at a fast food joint, a liquor store or selling drugs? Is it because the neighborhood cops are chasing out all the businesses that would otherwise happily invest in those neighborhoods if the cops weren't there? No, it's because those neighborhoods aren't safe to invest in because they're under, not over-policed.

Whole Foods, WalMart, CVS, etc aren't shutting down urban stores because they suddenly realized there were minorities living there - like they forgot they were racist and all of a sudden remembered they were supposed to neglect those neighborhoods. They're not leaving because the cops are making those neighborhoods unsafe to do business. They're leaving because of bad government policy, like not arresting or prosecuting retail theft under $1k, routinely downgrading violent felonies to misdemeanors, getting rid of cash bail and other monumentally stupid policies that are making those places unsafe and unprofitable. Right now, government is the problem, not the solution and they won't be part of the solution until they institute tough on crime policies.

Last edited:
You would understand what's meant by peaceably assemble, but what would you be doing if you had grown up in the same circumstances as all these kids?

When I lived in Chicago, I read a lot of long form pieces studying the employment prospects of kids in majority black neighborhoods... there's not much to do besides work at a fast food joint and put up with that shit for poverty wagers, or sell drugs.

And policies (from both political parties) have for decades now contributed to impoverishing and disinvesting public programs and services for majority black and hispanic neighborhoods.

ALL that has contributed to this situation; to call a handful of kids animals after all that (as many are doing, or basically doing) displays a shocking lack of empathy that's unfortunately all too common.

It's going to take a generation of re-investing in these communities (the government will have to do it since no one else will) to start to right the ship and fill the void that these kids grew up in. I hope Johnson has the stones to perservere and the political chops to fight off the continuous attacks of the billionaires and corporate power along with their hired goons in the police unions that are already (as you can see from the media coverage) trying to undermine him. They'll do worse if they can't neutralize him politically and sway public opinion to vote him out in 2028.

kids have no choice but to work at a fast food joint, other minimum wage job, or turn to sell drugs? Guess what, those were the choices we all had when we were 16 years old. Most likely, the reason most of us didn't sell drugs is because we were brought up correctly. I know the first two jobs that I had were both minimum wage.

As far as calling these people that were rioting in the streets "animals or thugs", well that's how they were acting. It looked like there were a few hundred of them. What is that, 0.2% of the Chicago teen population?

I don't think anybody is calling all Chicago teens animals, they are calling those criminals animals. If that was your wife in the video that I tried to post (it was too graphic), I'm sure you would have a different opinion.

This is interesting, a couple (or is it THE couple?) attacked by these kids speaks out about how the cops WERE THERE AT THE SCENE and ignored them:
"It was a group, a mob, of about 60 to 100 people," said Lenora Dennis, a Chicago citizen and Good Samaritan who was nearby and tried to protect Ashley and DJ from the attackers after she said police did not come to their aid.
Ashley said she saw the cops just drive past them as she was getting off the ground from the attack.

"They almost had to avoid the collision to get past us, but they just drove by the incident in the middle of the street," she said.

"Cops drove right by it. Acted like they didn't see anything," said DJ.

"I literally went out in the street and held my hands up to a police car and asked them to stop and motioned them over to what was going on, and they just cut a path around me and just kept going," said Dennis.

Dennis was eventually able to get the couple into her car. She then drove them to the police station to file a report.
Okay, so maybe the police had a good excuse for not intervening IN THE CRIME GOING ON IN THEIR PRESENCE? Maybe there was an emergency or something else they were responding to?

What did the police eventually tell them?
"I got told by the desk sergeant that this was going to happen, and that this was going to keep happening because Brandon Johnson got elected," said Dennis. "That floored me."
LOL. Yes, keep giving more money to the petulant babies that refuse to do their jobs because the non-bootlicker candidate they don't like won the election in the democracy they purport to protect and serve... surely that will reduce crime.

This is interesting, a couple (or is it THE couple?) attacked by these kids speaks out about how the cops WERE THERE AT THE SCENE and ignored them:
"It was a group, a mob, of about 60 to 100 people," said Lenora Dennis, a Chicago citizen and Good Samaritan who was nearby and tried to protect Ashley and DJ from the attackers after she said police did not come to their aid.
Ashley said she saw the cops just drive past them as she was getting off the ground from the attack.

"They almost had to avoid the collision to get past us, but they just drove by the incident in the middle of the street," she said.

"Cops drove right by it. Acted like they didn't see anything," said DJ.

"I literally went out in the street and held my hands up to a police car and asked them to stop and motioned them over to what was going on, and they just cut a path around me and just kept going," said Dennis.

Dennis was eventually able to get the couple into her car. She then drove them to the police station to file a report.
Okay, so maybe the police had a good excuse for not intervening IN THE CRIME GOING ON IN THEIR PRESENCE? Maybe there was an emergency or something else they were responding to?

What did the police eventually tell them?
"I got told by the desk sergeant that this was going to happen, and that this was going to keep happening because Brandon Johnson got elected," said Dennis. "That floored me."
LOL. Yes, keep giving more money to the petulant babies that refuse to do their jobs because the non-bootlicker candidate they don't like won the election in the democracy they purport to protect and serve... surely that will reduce crime.

That's how you interpret that? LOL, it would be tough to have a dumber more inaccurate take.

The cops don't intervene in riots and mob violence because they're told to stand down by the administration. They get no support from the administration or the DA. Cops doing nothing is a direct result of them being told to do nothing and having the progressive leftist mayors and DAs that run the city not only not support them, but actively work against them. They're not standing down because their preferred candidate didn't win, they're doing it because the current mayor and the incoming mayor won't let them do their jobs.

oh, okay. The Chicago policy expert has logged on.

Please if you're so sure, you must have some evidence of Lori Lightfoot's order to the cops to not intervene in situations like this.

Hard to understand exactly why we have police, then. I guess we need somebody to shrug and "take a report" hours after crime occurs.

I would speculate that the officers were told not to interact with the mob because it would likely escalate to an even more violent riot. Videos of some teenagers beating a defenseless woman won't entice a riot. Cops using night sticks or pepper spray on a bunch of black teens, that would create a bigger problem.

I really think the cops hands are tied behind their backs on this one.

LOL, you guys are clowns.

cops to victims: "FUCK YOU, we're not going to do our jobs because the guy we wanted to win the election didn't win, and anyways fuck off for thinking we're here to protect and serve YOU."

clowns: "If I had to speculate, and I do, since I don't like this thing you posted, the police probably have some other better reason for not doing their jobs here that doesn't invalidate everything I believe about them. Probably. Which means they really do, because I believe it."

cops to victims: "FUCK YOU, we're not going to do our jobs because the guy we wanted to win the election didn't win, and anyways fuck off for thinking we're here to protect and serve YOU."

clowns: "If I had to speculate, and I do, since I don't like this thing you posted, the police probably have some other better reason for not doing their jobs here that doesn't invalidate everything I believe about them. Probably. Which means they really do, because I believe it."

By no means am I condoning the lack of response by those cops. I would have preferred that they beat the living shit out of those thugs. I agree with you, they didn't do their jobs.

I was just speculating why. You could be right...they might just be lazy and terrible at their jobs. I mean, they are union workers ;)

By no means am I condoning the lack of response by those cops. I would have preferred that they beat the living shit out of those thugs. I agree with you, they didn't do their jobs.

I was just speculating why. You could be right...they might just be lazy and terrible at their jobs. I mean, they are union workers ;)

But yet you're in favor of giving the cops more money (inevitably squandered on useless surveillance technology, new cars, and "overtime pay") instead of trying different solutions or at least reinvesting in schools, mental health clinics, etc. in these communities, as we used to... or are you starting to come around?

The cops didn't do themselves any favors here. if even Fox News is reporting on how useless they are...

A bit of irony here: the Chicago Tribune is/was one of the most reactionary major newspapers in the country, and if it was still somewhat functional, would inevitably have mounted a bigger attack on Johnson during the runoff and better defense of the police now.

But it's been so gutted by billionaires/private equity investors who've taken it over and fired/laid off/bought out staff (first Sam Zell, and then Alden Global Capital) that there's no one decent left to write for them.

No one is justifying this or in favor of the police response including the police. But as MC has pointed out, the trends are in - since cops were vilified for their response to the Mike Brown riots and idiots blame the sight of riot gear for the riots and DAs look to charge cops and make victims of criminals and the media takes the same position and you buy in hook line and sinker. LOL, even in this instance Lightfoot is saying the overwhelming majority was just kids out trying to enjoy the city and that just a few bad apples are giving all the good, fun loving kids a bad name.

Remember Darren Wilson and Mike Brown - still to this day after it was proved that Wilson did nothing wrong we're still hearing "hands up, don't shoot" - don't forget, you fell for that bullshit too (and probably still believe it) and came here screaming about it as if it were proven fact. When cops doing their job properly are routinely vilified by idiots pushing a bull shit agenda that America is racist and cops are the problem, it's beyond dumb to not expect this to happen.

The idea that cops would openly admit that they're not doing their jobs because they don't like the mayor-elect is beyond stupid. It's obvious they don't like him because he represents the same stupid policies of the current idiot in charge and they're having to do their jobs with their hands tied behind their backs. They're not intervening because they have to worry about being sued, charged or left out to dry by the City if they actually do their jobs. And I have no doubt if they did intervene and a couple of those kids got thumped by cops, you'd be on here screaming about police brutality - because you're a leftist moron that thinks this is happening because America is racist.

The idea that the Tribune isn't completely in the bag for your team and guys like Brandon Johnson and it's not backing cops or trying to prevent leftists from getting elected because it's been gutted by billionaires is beyond absurd.

Last edited:

They do have a reason:
- Mike Brown
- Eric Garner
- Trayvon Martin
- Breonna Taylor
- Jacob Blake

Just to name a few instances of police doing their jobs and having mayors, congressman, the president, the media unjustly vilifying them, selling them out, charging them with b.s. crimes and making criminals in heroes and victims.

Then shitheads go online to create threads to accuse cops of being racist murders and follow it up with even dumber posts like "cops aren't doing their jobs because their guy lost the election." It's as if it's your life's mission to continually out-stupid yourself. And you're amazing at it.

Last edited:
Help me out here, are you trying to justify cops ignoring ongoing crime and not doing their jobs because some people were mean to them online (in each case after they murdered someone in broad daylight, or George Zimmerman did, in the case of Trayvon Martin)???

That's some Grade A Bootlicking.

Help me out here, are you trying to justify cops ignoring ongoing crime and not doing their jobs because some people were mean to them online (in each case after they murdered someone in broad daylight, or George Zimmerman did, in the case of Trayvon Martin)???

That's some Grade A Bootlicking.

yeah, you need some help here. No this strawman isn't even close to what I'm saying. I'm mocking you for making comments that are even dumber than your previous comments - like saying each one of those people was murdered in broad daylight when in fact none of them were murdered (one of them is still alive) but you've already established that you don't care about the facts, it's the narrative that matters to you.

Given your consistent track record of making increasingly moronic posts, it's not at all surprising that you need to be told when you're being made fun of.

Last edited:
Your guy Brandon is doing a real bag up job. As mobs of teens routinely take over chunks of the City wreaking havoc, looting stores, committing assaults, etc. Mayor Brandon admonishes journalists for saying mean things about the criminals. You can?t make this stuff up?

Okay, I didn?t pay that much attention to the Chicago election, but from what I heard, one candidate was worse for police, and one candidate was even more worse for police.

So which candidate was the most worse for police, and which candidate won?

Okay, I didn?t pay that much attention to the Chicago election, but from what I heard, one candidate was worse for police, and one candidate was even more worse for police.

So which candidate was the most worse for police, and which candidate won?

Brandon Johnson and Brandon Johnson.

Well, they?re nothing in Chicago if not consistent.

Where?s Hank Voight when ya need him?

It's like my friends from the hood used to say,

"Superman don't never come to the ghetto."

"That's 'cuz he know he'd get his assssss kicked."

My friend bought his convertible Lebaron, or so he thought - turns out it was Hank Voight the dentist's used convertible Lebaron.

Last edited:
Back