Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions worst to first favorites per ESPN

I think the odds are better they finish in last place vs. winning the division. I still think they are the 4th best team in a very good division. I think they could end up 8-8 and finish 4th

I think the Lions are probably the 10th best team in the NFC. Only AZ, NYG, Washington and TB are clearly worse than they are.

I think the odds are better they finish in last place vs. winning the division. I still think they are the 4th best team in a very good division. I think they could end up 8-8 and finish 4th

I think the Lions are probably the 10th best team in the NFC. Only AZ, NYG, Washington and TB are clearly worse than they are.

I think the defense made some real strides towards the end of last year, and Flowers is probably an upgrade on the often injured Ansah... we did lose an important piece at FS, but I like the chances for the defense to be better overall this year.

I also like the idea of a more run heavy scheme on offense, and the upgrades at TE. Add to that a healthy year for Johnson, and we could be one of the more balanced teams in the middle of the pack. A last place schedule should help us as well.

The Bears are due to regress (as per the article), but the Pack and Viqueens should also take a step forward over last year, so you may be right. Nothing is certain in the NFL.

I have a little more optimism going into this season than the last couple. I believe the defense will be a solid unit if we can be effective rushing the qb. I don't think Stafford will be forced to throw every down and the opposing D can just attack the pass. I'm not seeing playoffs but 8-8 in a tough division is likely. 11 wins if everything goes right, 5 wins if everything goes down the shitter.

Agreed the defense took strides last year and was heavily upgraded in the front 7 in the off season. Opposite corner remains an issue. Im not concerned about the loss of Quin...dude hasnt made a play in 2 years....was time for new blood.

I can see this being one of those years the defense plays lights out and Stafford cant figure out how to score....all but placing the final nail in his coffin here. Makes no sense to keep paying someone that cant win unless he has all facets working perfectly and all excuses removed for him.

8-8...and that might be generous.

Last edited:
Stay healthy and win

Defense should be good and force more turnovers which article focused on

Offense is being underrated but it all depends on offensive line. They need to get it together. Decker, Wagner, Ragnow,Glasgow. This is it. This is Bob Quinn’s legacy. He built this line using tons of draft cap and money and it needs to step up

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-nfl-season-scores-storylines-all-267-games#2

Then ESPN goes and does this nonsense , wonder why no one takes them seriously. Predict we start 0-11 , fire Patricia and end season 4-12 . So we start 0-11 , but then somehow figure it out and go 4-1 the rest of the way . Idiots i tell ya

Well...

Today, we took just one of those 20,000 season-long simulations -- No. 1,721 -- and played out the entire slate with final scores for all 267 games.

I suppose with that approach you have quite the list of combinations to maximize clicks. I can't believe people still go to that shitty website. People just looking to get fake mad about something.

Most power rankings i see have us in the 22-28 range. That suggests we will be worst to worster.

We needed a pass rush... we got a te. No reason to believe we'd be any better than last year. If we want to be good in the future we should hope we are worse in order to get a top 5 pick and secure a blue chip qb.

Last edited:
Back