Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

List of Tiger team records

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/news/tigers-best-debut-seasons
Top 5 debut seasons in Tigers history.
MLB.com

Ron LeFlore would get an honorable mention from me. He along w/Mark Fidrych were the lone bright spots of what would have been an otherwise utterly dismal Tigers season in '76.

Its waay too early as yet, but we may well be witnessing the beginning of yet another out of the blue best Tigers debut season from Akil Baddoo. Imagine having TWO stud All Star finalist candidates for RoY in Casey Mize as well.

Ron LeFlore would get an honorable mention from me. He along w/Mark Fidrych were the lone bright spots of what would have been an otherwise utterly dismal Tigers season in '76.

I don?t agree with the comparing of rookies to veterans.

I don?t agree with the comparing of rookies to veterans.

Tell that to MLB re: Ichiro.

LeFlore took over CF in '75, I just added that he helped to make the '76 season better than the 105 loss season prior.

Last edited:
By definition, Ichiro was an MLB rookie at 27. Only Fidrych and Zumaya were rookies in Beck?s ?Top 5 Tiger Debuts? list.

So what's your point then?

I didn't post that LeFlore was top 5 worthy, he was just the first ex-Tiger who came to mind that could be considered for an honorable mention.

Hmmm...DSF has too many thread snipers and not enough content creators...such a pity.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/916-vbulletin-total-ignore

Note for lurkers: Don't attempt to install this script into your browser unless you know what you are doing. Its code also needs to be tweaked a bit to work with this obsolete, insecure, and unsupported version of DSF's vBulletin.

Last edited:
So what's your point then?

I didn't post that LeFlore was top 5 worthy, he was just the first ex-Tiger who came to mind that could be considered for an honorable mention.

As you said, LeFlore?s 1976 AS season was his third with the Tigers, not his first. And my comment was directed more at Beck?s list rather that your post, which I shouldn?t have quoted. My point that Fidrych?s debut with the Tigers can?t be compared to Ivan?s, for example, or ranked in the same way.

Last edited:
Since the Tigers joined the AL in 1901, they've turned 34 triple plays, more than any other AL team & 6% of all MLB triple plays during that time.

The first was June 6, 1908 & the most recent was Sept. 8, 2017 against the Blue Jays on a smooth 5-4-3.
#TriplePlay #Tigers

January 3, 1891: Charlie Harding is born in Nashville, Tenn. Read about his one career appearance with the Tigers:
https://ripbaseball.com/2019/03/14/grave-story-charlie-harding/
Grave Story: Charlie Harding (1891-1971).
RIP Baseball

There have been 529 pitchers whose career lasted 1 game. The Tigers used two 1-game wonders on Sept. 18, 1913. This is the story of reliever Charlie Harding, whose MLB career lasted 2 innings that day.

Back