Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

LOL @ Brendan Gibbons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a citation for when alcohol thins the blood: http://alcoholism.about.com/od/health/a/blacer051015.htm

This citation is about strokes and heart disease being related to chronic alcohol consumption. How about an article that says people bruise more easily with acute consumption of alcohol.

The police took pictures of the bruising because they considered it evidence in support of her version of the story.

This citation is about strokes and heart disease being related to chronic alcohol consumption. How about an article that says people bruise more easily with acute consumption of alcohol.

The police took pictures of the bruising because they considered it evidence in support of her version of the story.

No shit it's evidence. No one is disputing that. That fact is elementary.

The citation is also about how even moderate alcohol consumption affects coagulation which does affect bruising. The girl admitted to drinking four beers and chugging vodka. That goes far beyond moderate consumption.

What is it that suggests that it was Lewan that made the threat? And does anyone know who the 2 players are that reported it?

What is it that suggests that it was Lewan that made the threat? And does anyone know who the 2 players are that reported it?

There are two police reports posted from the campus police. One is a wellness check on the victim, where the police inform her of Lewan's threat. The other is a visit to Lewan by the campus police where they warn him not to threaten her and not to have any contact with her. I don't know who the two players were that report it.

There are two police reports posted from the campus police. One is a wellness check on the victim, where the police inform her of Lewan's threat. The other is a visit to Lewan by the campus police where they warn him not to threaten her and not to have any contact with her. I don't know who the two players were that report it.

But the name of the guy that did the threatening is redacted.

But the name of the guy that did the threatening is redacted.

Each of the police reports has a newer unredacted copy that will come up if you click on the redacted version (I appealed the redactions and they gave me a less redacted version). I had some technical difficulty redacting the name of the victim unless I converted it to a Word file. However, the Word file looks like something I could have typed up myself, so I left the redacted pdf file as well.

Each of the police reports has a newer unredacted copy that will come up if you click on the redacted version (I appealed the redactions and they gave me a less redacted version). I had some technical difficulty redacting the name of the victim unless I converted it to a Word file. However, the Word file looks like something I could have typed up myself, so I left the redacted pdf file as well.

I can't seem to get that to work. It works for the other police reports, but not those two.

So Douglas, you're an advocate for the accuser and active in the case...?

I'm sorry but everyone here does realize that vaginal tearing does not equal rape right? Vaginal tearing can occur because there isn't enough foreplay and the vagina isn't ready for penetration. Just do a little research on it and you will see that it is not that uncommon for it to occur during intercourse.

Again, thinner blood = easier bruising. He may not have done anything forceful to cause the bruise. He may have. We have no clue so the bruise proves nothing for us.

Yep, already pointed this out and was called an insensitive male.

I guess from the evidence here, I could be a rapist. I've had sex with plenty of drunk women and caused some vaginal tearing. There's even been some blood a few times.

He's already changed it from 'he held her down and raped her' to 'maybe it was consensual, but she was too drunk to give legal consent'

We've been trolled

Is there a reason you have not responded to my post where I specifically point out that your statements referring to Lewan are factually inaccurate and worded in a way that implies that Lewan threatened directly to the girl that Gibbons would rape her again if she pressed charges, when in fact he made an inappropriate comment stating that Gibbons didn't rape her in front of third parties who apparently repeated his comment to the alleged victim? If you cannot give me an argument as to why this is properly presented in your "article," please alter or remove this section. It is intentionally misleading and dishonest.

You also need to quit saying there were two threats. The first threat entailed Lewan misidentifying a girl, asking if it is her, and then saying the girl he mistook for her must not have been smooshed like that before. I am not sure on what planet that is a threat to the alleged victim. It's not a threat to anybody. It's not even threatening language. It's beyond dishonest to refer to there being two "threats" towards her, as there is clear evidence that neither statement was made with the intention of threatening her as she was not present for either comment.

Your assertion that Lewan's "threats" were the cause of her not pressing charges is also not supported by the evidence. In her original police statement she says in numerous different ways that she does not want to press charges and go through a trial. The alleged "threats" were not addressed until about two weeks after the incident. It seems hard to imagine the "threats" being the cause when she declined to take action for two weeks after the incident after expressing her desire to not pursue legal action from the beginning.

Your concept that she would have been afraid of losing her scholarship is also beyond ridiculous on so many common sense levels it's incredible that you would even suggest this. The local media was aware of the allegations and the fact that an arrest had been made was known, but the only information lacking was official confirmation of the suspect. Had she pressed charges, nothing would have prevented this information from being common knowledge. Nothing. How can you or anybody else reasonably believe that the school would be so dumb as to kick her out after it is known that her alleged rapist has been charged publicly? The only explanation would have been if her identity was completely unknown, but the police reports make her identity as a freshmen track athlete clear. No school administrator would take away her scholarship knowing it would be found out. That's borderline psychotic to think that could happen. This also brings me to my next point:

I am curious if the alleged victim approved of the way you presented information about her in your "article." You have given away her year, athletic team associations, and home state in your version of the police reports. About 30 seconds of searching on Mgoblue.com allowed me to unquestionably discern her identity. I have no doubts that countless other people have now done the same and harassment may be directed towards her as a result. I hope you had her permission because otherwise you just outed the alleged victim. Not a very smart thing to do.

Please stop responding to medical assertions and address the factual issues I have raised above.

490-stop-that-this-thread-is-getting-very-silly.jpg

I see your point now, byco -- about the general demise of the board and quality of its content.... It's too bad.

Is this supposed to be directed at me?

I'm not here to defend rape or claim Gibbons is innocent. It's more about how this guy just decides to write his opinion of what happened, posts it all over the internet to cause an outrage, realizes that 99% of the people out there will never research the matter or even read the links he provided in his own story that disprove some of his claims, and he gets exactly what he wants.

It's not everyday you actually get to confront somebody on how they completely misled literally thousands of people with misinformation. If you point it out on Fox News, they just kick you off the air. This guy is actually willing to give answers, so I didn't ask this softball crap the rest of you did.

The fact that he has chosen to not respond will be taken as acknowledgment that he is incorrect and what he did was improper.

Don't worry about me sullying your special board either. I have no intention of posting again if he doesn't either.

Jesus, relax bro. This "topic" on Gibbons is not going to be decided here on our board. You seem incredibly intense about it (as do others who have suddenly appeared) and are demanding everyone else be as intense.

Good God, when the fuck does football start?!

Jesus, relax bro. This "topic" on Gibbons is not going to be decided here on our board. You seem incredibly intense about it (as do others who have suddenly appeared) and are demanding everyone else be as intense.

Good God, when the fuck does football start?!

I'm very glad UMFAN created an account and posted. His three posts raise some of the best points in this thread. Not to say there isn't wrongdoing at the root of all this, but UMFAN's questions are good ones.

Last edited:
no doubt. it's fun to create multiple accounts to give credibility to your own views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back