Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Max Scherzer's Brother Alex Commited Suicide Today

servinthed

@Tom_Gage: Tragic news about Max Scherzer's brother Alex as forum topic at http://TheCardinalNation.com - #Tigers confirm Max was away for personal reasons -

@Tiger_Talk_247: Tigers confirmed that Max Scherzer was away for personal reasons today. Prayers go out to the Scherzer family http://fb.me/1fIZAkRR9

I can't imagine he would end up pitching today would he? That's an awful lot to try and deal with and still go out and do your job.

According to the article, he is. Sometimes people just need to go to work and try to have a sense of normalcy in order to cope. These are usually the times when the players have huge games too. Remember when Favre played right after his dad died? He went off for 399yds and 4TDs, with 311yds and the 4TDs in the first half alone.

@Lynn_Henning: Max Scherzer will pitch today for the Tigers despite having lost his brother, Alex, 3 days ago. His courage is as immense as this tragedy.

Apparently it happened three days ago, not yesterday as I had originally thought. Regardless it still has to be tough for Max and the rest of his family.

‏@ScottMCBS: Prayers for Max Scherzer & his family. Scherzer pitching for #Tigers today at #Pirates after brother committed suicide. Can't even imagine.

Ozzie Guillen: Max Scherzer starting the game today after brothers death. This man is strong and has a huge heart for trying to be out there wow

God have mercy for his brothers soul, and for Max pitching with such a heavy saddened heart.

Suddenly, everything is diminished in regards to the Tigers' season.

Back