Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mike Rothstein tweets, player fund, OK kid gets tickets

redandguilty

https://twitter.com/mikerothstein

Some interesting Tweets today:

Brandon said Cooper Barton, the 5-year-old who had turn his Michigan T-Shirt inside out in Oklahoma, has become a folk hero of sorts here.

Brandon said they are inviting Barton & his parents to a Michigan football game and will put him on the big screen. Also bought him a shirt

Brandon said Michigan is going to launch a fund-raising campaign soon to set up a program to help athletes after they are done w/sports

Aren't they making a shirt on M Den. An inside out shirt?

This is pretty cool of Michigan though.

I always thought there had to be some rule against supporting players after they graduated. Seems like a path to an arms race if you can financially support players after they're done. I wonder what kind of support he's talking about.

Also, you're right about the inside out shirt:
Mark Snyder@Mark__Snyder
Brandon will invite kid in Oklahoma who was scorned for UM shirt to come to UM FB game. Also got M Den to make inside out M shirt for him

I always thought there had to be some rule against supporting players after they graduated. Seems like a path to an arms race if you can financially support players after they're done. I wonder what kind of support he's talking about.

Also, you're right about the inside out shirt:
Mark Snyder@Mark__Snyder
Brandon will invite kid in Oklahoma who was scorned for UM shirt to come to UM FB game. Also got M Den to make inside out M shirt for him

That would be hilarious. A regular Michigan shirt that when flipped inside out is just the same shirt on the other side. I'd get a big kick out of sending my 5 year old to school with that on after the first incident.

the inside-out shirt thing is funny, but won't the school just suspend the kid if he doesn't have the option of turning his shirt inside out to comply with the policy?

I admire his dedication and all, but the kid needs to watch out. they don't take kindly to uppity city folk with their big city ideas in Oklahoma...

the inside-out shirt thing is funny, but won't the school just suspend the kid if he doesn't have the option of turning his shirt inside out to comply with the policy?

I admire his dedication and all, but the kid needs to watch out. they don't take kindly to uppity city folk with their big city ideas in Oklahoma...

I'd love to see them suspend a 5 year old because of that. They wouldn't want that PR. They're probably already getting too much as it is. They're story made national news.

Some really smart poster on this board suggested they offer that kid some FB tickets...

Indeed, "suspending" a Kindergartener is laughable. Half the kids are out on any given day, anyways and there really isn't any sort of homework or schoolwork going on.

Indeed, "suspending" a Kindergartener is laughable. Half the kids are out on any given day, anyways and there really isn't any sort of homework or schoolwork going on.

yeah.

one of the other attorneys in my group brought her sick toddler into work today. I guess the kid looked awful.

boss told her to go work from home for the rest of the week.

I need to get me one of them sick toddlers.

How badass would it be if the kid grew up to be the #1 Qb in the state, and committed to Michigan.

I knew when I heard about the story U of M would do something. They should let the kid go out for the coin toss and let 114k show their love.

...should do something for this kid too

MichiganKid.jpg

Last edited:
Back