Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Missing OSU player found...

bamf_16

Self inflicted gunshot wound.

So sad.

RIP Mr. Karageorge

Wow. Body found in a dumpster, apparently. As if he was hoping not to be found.

Saw this on the local news, though only just now learned the cause of death. I hate hearing news like this. RIP.

Apparently he was complaining to Urban Meyer about his concussions and that they needed to be treated better. Urban ignored him and then he killed himself.

i had a bad feeling from a start given his mood and texts to mom
what a horrible thing for his family to live with

i am sure they will find some degree of CTE
from what i have read, it doesn't take a lot of concussions to start

Apparently he was complaining to Urban Meyer about his concussions and that they needed to be treated better. Urban ignored him and then he killed himself.

I see the part about the history of concussions online, where are you hearing that he was ignored?

Very sad news. I too was getting a bad feeling when he had not turned up after such a long time. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Not blaming the OSU football program...yet...but he obviously was willing to reference the concussions with his mom and others. Questions need to be asked though about who knew what and what level of treatment he was receiving.

After all the media shit storm UM went through after the Shane Morris concussion, the media better be digging pretty fucking deep into why this young man did not get enough attention to prevent his suicide. Whether that is on the OSU athletic department, doctors, wrestling coaches, football coaches, family, friends, or whomever...it sure seems they need to have a witch hunt over this.

Could, should, would UM defend itself to potential recruits and their families by referencing this if prodded about the Shane Morris situation? I would say it has some degree of bringing things into perspective from aspect of the players need to help the coaches make sure their teammate is not concussed and every school is addressing these issues in on going basis knowing they can happen at any time to any player caught in bad situation, so the entire team, coaching staff, medical staff, and even friends and family need to move forward with a willingness to help prevent these types of events.

CTE can happen even without concussion I believe

This could have been over time starting in high school

But it seems CTE and suicide have some link

The saddest part is that he climbed into a dumpster before he killed himself. I think that can be interpreted as a reflection of his low self-esteem and an attempt to hide his own body in the hopes that it would not be found. Can't imagine the agony his parents are going through.

The saddest part is that he climbed into a dumpster before he killed himself. I think that can be interpreted as a reflection of his low self-esteem and an attempt to hide his own body in the hopes that it would not be found. Can't imagine the agony his parents are going through.

I agree.

I also heard that he left without his wallet. Sounds like he did not want to be found or identified.

Back