Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Motherfuckers

The one thing about this ISIS beheading and their threats to kill another is that our airstrikes really seem to be scaring them. They've had these journalists for a year and NOW decide to do something about it? They know that if this continues, they're going to pull is in to the war and there is no chance they could survive against us, the kurds, and whatever non-cowardly Iraqi troops they can find.

The problem then becomes when they retreat into Syria. Very dicey situation.

I don't know if we can save this other journalist, but my heart goes out to his family. He must be going through hell, maybe even hoping for death. I would think ISIS would not be so kind to him.

The one thing about this ISIS beheading and their threats to kill another is that our airstrikes really seem to be scaring them. They've had these journalists for a year and NOW decide to do something about it? They know that if this continues, they're going to pull is in to the war and there is no chance they could survive against us, the kurds, and whatever non-cowardly Iraqi troops they can find.

The problem then becomes when they retreat into Syria. Very dicey situation.

I don't know if we can save this other journalist, but my heart goes out to his family. He must be going through hell, maybe even hoping for death. I would think ISIS would not be so kind to him.

we drop bombs from above and that's their only way to retaliate, they can't attack our soldiers on the ground so they feel that's the next best thing. I'd love to wash our hands of the region.

This just goes to show what happens when you intervene in these tribal, sectarian areas and you try to install a secular democracy.

we drop bombs from above and that's their only way to retaliate, they can't attack our soldiers on the ground so they feel that's the next best thing. I'd love to wash our hands of the region.

This just goes to show what happens when you intervene in these tribal, sectarian areas and you try to install a secular democracy.

I agree. However, I think without our help, isis will eventually win unless iraq can unite. A bunch of cowards who are separated by minute religious differences vs. a united, well funded, and inspired terrorist group?

Unfortunately, I think we're dragged into Gulf War 3.

I agree. However, I think without our help, isis will eventually win unless iraq can unite. A bunch of cowards who are separated by minute religious differences vs. a united, well funded, and inspired terrorist group?

Unfortunately, I think we're dragged into Gulf War 3.
Do we go with boots on the ground and occupy Iraq for 100 years? That may work. Shia and sunning have been at odds for hundreds of years, I don't see them being able of building a coalition government.

Moral of the story is don't intervene and expect western style democracy to work. That's why the president was right not to intervene in Syria despite what hillary said. Syria would be Iraq 2.0

I still vote for Jimmy Buffett's solution. You take the money you would have spent on bombs and put it all in twenty dollar bills and you scatter it throughout the population along with mail-order catalogs.

Not literally. But that's the fundamental concept.

Last edited:
Do we go with boots on the ground and occupy Iraq for 100 years? That may work. Shia and sunning have been at odds for hundreds of years, I don't see them being able of building a coalition government.

Moral of the story is don't intervene and expect western style democracy to work. That's why the president was right not to intervene in Syria despite what hillary said. Syria would be Iraq 2.0

I don't know, bro. I just don't think there's any way we can let ISIS take over Iraq and Syria. I'm sick of war as much as the next person and actually argued to not do anything when ISIS started out, but as soon as it became obvious that Baghdad will fall eventually, I realized we were stuck.

Cowardly Iraqi people need to make this easier on everyone and find some common ground to fight them off together so we don't have to step in. We can't win this war. All we can do is shrink ISIS's numbers and push them back. The Iraqi and Syrian people have to do it. And then whatever country ISIS flees to after that.

I don't know, bro. I just don't think there's any way we can let ISIS take over Iraq and Syria. I'm sick of war as much as the next person and actually argued to not do anything when ISIS started out, but as soon as it became obvious that Baghdad will fall eventually, I realized we were stuck.

Cowardly Iraqi people need to make this easier on everyone and find some common ground to fight them off together so we don't have to step in. We can't win this war. All we can do is shrink ISIS's numbers and push them back. The Iraqi and Syrian people have to do it. And then whatever country ISIS flees to after that.
These things will always happen there without our presence. It's as if there's a 3 way war between the government, the moderates, and the jihadist. It's more complex that your basic civil war. Sometimes totalitarianism is the only way in these countries

These things will always happen there without our presence. It's as if there's a 3 way war between the government, the moderates, and the jihadist. It's more complex that your basic civil war. Sometimes totalitarianism is the only way in these countries

no it isn't, that is a defeatist attitude. I'd sooner say pull everyone out and turn the place to glass than just simply let them have complete control. why? because they obviously will not stop with just Iraq or just Syria or just Jordan, etc. these are extremists, and just like every extremist group that has existed throughout history, the only way to defeat them is to crush them which historically has meant killing about 90+% of the leaders and 50+% of the followers (EDIT: ok, it is probably more like 50% of the leaders and 25% of the followers/commoners, I was exaggerating when I first wrote this...and have edited it to be more realistic, sorry for being a over-the-top with my original numbers) until the surviving followers finally realize they are on the losing side. that is the sad truth that is missed, many of the followers are only following because the leaders will kill them if they stop following in order to keep the rest in line.

there is no way to stop these leaders other than killing them. even if we ceded the entire Middle East including Israel, they will not stop until they take over everywhere. what did the one ISIS leader say...."see you in New York". so the only question that remains by letting them take over the Middle East is at what point in time do they strike at the US? it is obviously their intention...and as previously stated, they are well funded - even more well funded than AQ and we all know how that played out.

and that is also part of the question...from where is their funding originating? should those financiers not face the same fate? why is it the financiers always get away without being killed? hell, I'm not even aware of a single AQ financier who was ever caught and brought to justice. with what has to be close to a billion dollars funding ISIS, how is it our "intelligence" community is not aware of where the money is coming from?

it's like the mafia, it wasn't until NY got serious and took out the leaders that the mafia influence was minimalized. is it still around? yes, but not like it used to be by any stretch. they can be contained and controlled, but it requires constant due diligence, something it is evidently not possible via the setup previously attempted, so it needs to be adjusted...but that is not to say we should completely abandon the region. well, unless the idea is to remove our personnel so we can obliterate it...which the vast majority of the world is against us doing, so that option is kind of a last resort, and one that Israel will be left to do if we pull out like that. of course that will just mean the Jews will be blamed for the carnage, so the world does have a built in scapegoat right?

I often wonder if the "just leave" people are the type who play chess and just move pieces without even a second move strategized and therefore cannot defeat a computer chess game on Level 1, because it oft seems to me they have not thought through the End Game.

Last edited:
I'd sooner say pull everyone out and turn the place to glass than just simply let them have complete control.

Also, this is heartless. There is always the hope/possibility that solutions can come from the local population. Wiping out everyone should be closer to the bottom in the ranking of possible outcomes.

Also, this is heartless. There is always the hope/possibility that solutions can come from the local population. Wiping out everyone should be closer to the bottom in the ranking of possible outcomes.

Consider who said it.

no it isn't, that is a defeatist attitude. I'd sooner say pull everyone out and turn the place to glass than just simply let them have complete control. why? because they obviously will not stop with just Iraq or just Syria or just Jordan, etc. these are extremists, and just like every extremist group that has existed throughout history, the only way to defeat them is to crush them which historically has meant killing about 90+% of the leaders and 50+% of the followers (EDIT: ok, it is probably more like 50% of the leaders and 25% of the followers/commoners, I was exaggerating when I first wrote this...and have edited it to be more realistic, sorry for being a over-the-top with my original numbers) until the surviving followers finally realize they are on the losing side. that is the sad truth that is missed, many of the followers are only following because the leaders will kill them if they stop following in order to keep the rest in line.

there is no way to stop these leaders other than killing them. even if we ceded the entire Middle East including Israel, they will not stop until they take over everywhere. what did the one ISIS leader say...."see you in New York". so the only question that remains by letting them take over the Middle East is at what point in time do they strike at the US? it is obviously their intention...and as previously stated, they are well funded - even more well funded than AQ and we all know how that played out.

and that is also part of the question...from where is their funding originating? should those financiers not face the same fate? why is it the financiers always get away without being killed? hell, I'm not even aware of a single AQ financier who was ever caught and brought to justice. with what has to be close to a billion dollars funding ISIS, how is it our "intelligence" community is not aware of where the money is coming from?

it's like the mafia, it wasn't until NY got serious and took out the leaders that the mafia influence was minimalized. is it still around? yes, but not like it used to be by any stretch. they can be contained and controlled, but it requires constant due diligence, something it is evidently not possible via the setup previously attempted, so it needs to be adjusted...but that is not to say we should completely abandon the region. well, unless the idea is to remove our personnel so we can obliterate it...which the vast majority of the world is against us doing, so that option is kind of a last resort, and one that Israel will be left to do if we pull out like that. of course that will just mean the Jews will be blamed for the carnage, so the world does have a built in scapegoat right?

I often wonder if the "just leave" people are the type who play chess and just move pieces without even a second move strategized and therefore cannot defeat a computer chess game on Level 1, because it oft seems to me they have not thought through the End Game.

serious answers only please. wiping out more of them would only lead to more extremism. we can't kill or capture faster than they can be indoctrinated, we need to fight the demand side of terrorism, not the supply side.

as for totalitarian rule, it really isn't a defeatist attitude. we're dealing with tribal issues that go back hundreds of years, we topple their current regime then they'll replace it with something worse or less stable, bloodshed for years. those are our two shitty choices

I've always considered Chuck Hagel to be a bumbling boob but I think he's right on this one. No half measures. Time to rout these Motherfuckers.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/21/us-usa-islamicstate-idUSKBN0GL24V20140821

Sure, what's another war and invasion in the grand scheme of things. I assume you're signing up at your local recruiter as I type this, because you wouldn't want to be some pussy from *Ohio that just wants everyone else to go fight for his ideals, right?

Sure, what's another war and invasion in the grand scheme of things. I assume you're signing up at your local recruiter as I type this, because you wouldn't want to be some pussy from *Ohio that just wants everyone else to go fight for his ideals, right?

You know nothing about me but don't let that stop you.

You know nothing about me but don't let that stop you.

Hey, you said it. You think it's time to "rout these motherfuckers".

So get going, grab your boots and helmet and do it.

Or would you just rather others do all the fighting and dying and losing limbs etc. that comes from large scale military incursions and you can just post about it?

Back