Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mpv & roy

tomdalton22

I know these are regular season awards, but after watching what has transpired so far in these playoffs, I think there is no debate that the awards should go to Lebron and Donavan Mitchell. They were both equal or better than their main competition in the regular season and both have been head and shoulders above them in the playoffs.

Last edited:
I know these are regular season awards, but after watching what has transpired so far in these playoffs, I think there is no debate that the awards should go to Lebron and Donavan Mitchell. They were both equal or better than their main competition in the regular season and both have been head and shoulders above them in the playoffs.

MVP is suppose to be on regular season only. So I think there's more options than Lebron.

MVP is suppose to be on regular season only. So I think there's more options than Lebron.

IMO, Harden is the only other option, and I think Lebron was better.

For ROY, It's Simmons, but he's actually a 2nd year player.

Simmons and Mitchell were both great rookies. I think Simmons gets the nod for playing better defense. Mitchell is easily the better scorer, but Simmons is more of a pass first PG anyway.

I think Harden should get the MVP. LeBron is still the best all around player, but he loafs on defense during the regular season. Harden has really stepped up his D, but only about to the level of regular season LeBron. Both were about equal players, so I'd give the award to the guy on the best team.

Why?

No doubt Lebron gets lazy at times.

When does the season end? It ends when a champion is crowned. They give players an edge in the MVP race if their team has a winning record, if they make the playoffs & if they lead their team to the best record. Why not include the most important part of the season when determining the MVP...the playoffs.

When does the season end? It ends when a champion is crowned. They give players an edge in the MVP race if their team has a winning record, if they make the playoffs & if they lead their team to the best record. Why not include the most important part of the season when determining the MVP...the playoffs.

I think in every sport awards are decided before the playoffs.

Always been that way I think.

Back