Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Basketball AP#1 pre season (schedule is insane!)

I'm not going to say losing Langford is no big deal - he was having a great year up until the injury and I think he very well could have been the difference against Texas Tech but we made it to the Final Four without him and with Ward playing injured - I don't know anything about Hauser but I'm guessing he's probably not as good as even an injured Ward so this doesn't necessarily doom us either.

I just hope this is the extent of it and not the tip of the iceberg with injuries and other disappointments.

Last edited:
Other than Winston returning, having a 15PPG senior-to-be to put back into our lineup was a large basis for the #1 ranking. Even if back on the court I was worrying whether Langford would be at the level he was last year before the injury.

There is potential with the team, but now the only proven commodities are Winston and Tillman. A lot will depend on the progress of guys like Henry and Brown, Rocket being ready to contribute a lot from the get go, and someone/anyone emerging at the 4 spot.

Last edited:
Other than Winston returning, having a 15PPG senior-to-be to put back into our lineup was a large basis for the #1 ranking. Even if back on the court I was worrying whether Langford would be at the level he was last year before the injury.

There is potential with the team, but now the only proven commodities are Winston and Tillman. A lot will depend on the progress of guys like Henry and Brown, Rocket being ready to contribute a lot from the get go, and someone/anyone emerging at the 4 spot.

don't forget Goins is gone - addition by subtraction.

Yeah, McQuaid was a valuable piece, with getting Langford back we were basically upgrading at the 2, but now it's a big mystery. Shouldn't be the #1 team without Langford, but top 10 is realistic for now. Izzo's teams are never great in November, what they become by March is what matters.

Gabe Brown will be called on to step up.

It is EVERY FING year one of our top players is out for a good portion of the season. It s a given not even a question.

Back