Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NBA trade Rumors

biggunsbob

February 7th, 2019 is the trade deadline. Post any rumors you find. Any comments ..

Pistons looking at Philadelphia’s injuryed player Markelle Fultz.

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2018...rade-rumor-detroit-pistons-philadelphia-76ers

Key sentence from the article

‘The fact is the Pistons are so displeased with their point guard play that they would take a gamble on Fultz’

I fell Reggie needs a change of scenery also sadly.

Last edited:
I can't see this helping Detroit. And when a player is out with the word "indefinitely" that's not good. He's a bust.

Yeah probably. I would not give up on a Kennard yet. I am sure the 76ers want either him or Bullock in the deal.

Last edited:
As rough as Fultz is right now, he may need a change of scenery more than anything. Mentally, he's not living up to the hype, and that creates a lot of pressure in Philly. On top of that, Philly thinks they are contenders and so can't give him the time on the court to develop. I don't know if he's every going to be healthy, but I do think he has a better chance of succeeding somewhere that he doesn't have that 1st overall pick pressure and can run with the first unit consistently.

I heard the Lakers offered 6 players and 2 first rounders for Davis. Does any team really have that much space to put so many on a team they probably just release some of those guys.. why even trade for 'em.

I heard the Lakers offered 6 players and 2 first rounders for Davis. Does any team really have that much space to put so many on a team they probably just release some of those guys.. why even trade for 'em.

It's all just matching salaries. New Orleans isn't going to be particularly interested in winning if they trade Davis, so it doesn't really matter who they get in return. They'll pay about the same amount either way (they'd be smart to cut down to the cap floor if they can), so cutting half the players they receive doesn't matter.

Best case scenario, they pull in a third team who actually wants some of those guys and gets a second rounder or two instead of cutting them.

It doesn't matter who they get? I get the NBA these days are missed up but this is stupid.

It doesn't matter who they get? I get the NBA these days are missed up but this is stupid.

I should have been more specific. Not *everyone* they get will actually matter. The Pelicans will be targetting a specific few players (someone like Ingram, Ball, or Kuzma) plus the picks. But in order to facilitate the trade actually working, the Pelicans will need to take back about 70% of any money they send out. Kuzma, Ingram, and Ball together only make about 60% of what Davis makes. The Pelicans would need to take back "filler" contracts just for the trade to fit within the NBA's rules. Whoever makes up that "filler" literally does not matter to the Pelicans, as they are probably crappy players (or just players too old/limited to be part of the future in New Orleans) on expiring contracts.

Let's say LA has to send out Rondo to make the salaries work within the rules. Rondo is a notoriously testy older guy who would have no role on the team (Holiday is a better player and the entrenched starter). Why would the Pelicans want to keep someone like that around if no other team is willing to trade for him?

Davis said there were 4 teams he'd sign extension with.. I rather he go to LA only because it screws their future and LA still won't be good enough to win a title. It's called the Lebron way..

Davis said there were 4 teams he'd sign extension with.. I rather he go to LA only because it screws their future and LA still won't be good enough to win a title. It's called the Lebron way..

It's the NBA...star laden teams have a better chance at a title than one star with a bunch of role players. Lebron + Davis is closer to a title than Lebron and the role players. Don't forget, they might still have the cap space to sign another star next off season.

February 7th, 2019 is the trade deadline. Post any rumors you find. Any comments ..

Pistons looking at Philadelphia?s injuryed player Markelle Fultz.

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2018...rade-rumor-detroit-pistons-philadelphia-76ers

Key sentence from the article

?The fact is the Pistons are so displeased with their point guard play that they would take a gamble on Fultz?

I fell Reggie needs a change of scenery also sadly.

why would any team want Reggie, especially a contender. He sucks

Back