Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

New Head Coach

Isn't it best to get the GM first? I'm also not in favor of hiring within so I hope the new GM isn't someone already with the team.

Isn't it best to get the GM first? I'm also not in favor of hiring within so I hope the new GM isn't someone already with the team.

Isn't Bower still technically our GM? Yes, Stan had final say on everything, but Bower still held the position. I don't recall seeing anything where Bower was fired, so really head coach is our only opening.

Isn't Bower still technically our GM? Yes, Stan had final say on everything, but Bower still held the position. I don't recall seeing anything where Bower was fired, so really head coach is our only opening.

I read they were interviewing for the GM spot.

"The Detroit Pistons have hired Grizzlies executive Ed Stefanski as a senior adviser responsible for overhauling the franchise's basketball operations, he told ESPN on Thursday. He will assess the current front office and oversee the process of hiring a general manager and coach in Detroit's post-Stan Van Gundy era."

I read they were interviewing for the GM spot.

"The Detroit Pistons have hired Grizzlies executive Ed Stefanski as a senior adviser responsible for overhauling the franchise's basketball operations, he told ESPN on Thursday. He will assess the current front office and oversee the process of hiring a general manager and coach in Detroit's post-Stan Van Gundy era."

Thanks, I totally missed that. I'm not sure coach or GM really have primacy over the other these days. If both are good at their jobs, it shouldn't be an issue.

now interviewing... kenny smith?

Only if Charles Barkley is brought in as an assistant.

now interviewing... kenny smith?

Only if Charles Barkley is brought in as an assistant.

What a dumpster fire of an organization, I?m convinced they could move tomorrow and people wouldn?t even bat an eye

I do not want him anywhere near our team. And since I don't want it, that will be the choice.

I hear at least that other guy is their first choice, not J Kidd.

Kidd would probably be a disaster... no need for a whiny excuse maker.

Back