Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFC Divisional Playoff Game: Bucs @ Lions Thread

grandy

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-8) @ Detroit Lions (12-5)

Line: DET -6.0
O/U: 49.5

Previews
Pride of Detroit
Yahoo
CBS Sports
ESPN
Bucs Nation

Injury Report
Link

Lions
Out
WR Kalif Raymond (knee)

Questionable
TE Sam LaPorta (knee)
EDGE James Houston (ankle) ? activated from injured reserve

Bucs
Questionable
QB John Wolford (illness)
RB Chase Edmonds (toe)
EDGE Shaquil Barrett (ankle)

Series History
Link
The Lions are 32-28 (regular season) and 0-1 (playoffs) against the Bucs
Last Game: 10/15/2023, Lions 20 Bucs 6
Last Game in Detroit: 12/26/2020, Bucs 47 Lions 7
Last Win in Detroit: 12/7/2014, Lions 34 Bucs 17
Last Playoff Game: 12/28/1997, Bucs 20 Lions 10
Recent Games: The Lions have won 3 of the last 5 meetings

Pro Football Focus Grades (Regular + Postseason)

Overall
Detroit 92.6 (5th)
Tampa Bay 77.2 (22nd)

Offense
Detroit 87.0 (2nd)
Tampa Bay 70.4 (19th)

Pass Offense
Detroit 85.4 (5th)
Tampa Bay 73.8 (18th)

Pass Blocking
Tampa Bay 70.8 (9th)
Detroit 69.6 (10th)

Receiving
Detroit 84.5 (3rd)
Tampa Bay 72.3 (19th)

Rushing
Detroit 88.3 (9th)
Tampa Bay 70.3 (30th)

Run Blocking
Detroit 78.0 (2nd)
Tampa Bay 51.4 (29th)

Defense
Detroit 72.0 (19th)
Tampa Bay 69.6 (23rd)

Run Defense
Detroit 76.1 (5th)
Tampa Bay 59.5 (25th)

Tackling
Tampa Bay 65.8 (5th)
Detroit 47.3 (23rd)

Pass Rush
Detroit 75.3 (16th)
Tampa Bay 74.7 (19th)

Coverage
Tampa Bay 70.4 (22nd)
Detroit 55.9 (29th)

Special Teams
Detroit 83.7 (12th)
Tampa Bay 66.9 (28th)

Can?t argue with the matchup, it?s probably as ?easy? of a game you?ll get in a divisional round.

Need to disrupt Baker enough to force him to be Baker?..clean pockets will lead to big plays.

Lions need to be their normal unstoppable selves in the 1st half, but will need more than 3 points after halftime.

TB blitzes?.A LOT. I expect a big play to JMO today.

Lions 34 - 28

Hopefully we can jump out to a quick lead again. I think it's important to get the lead and put extra pressure on them and then let our fans go nuts. Don't let the get comfortable and dictate the play on defense like they did against Philadelphia. Defense needs to create a couple turnovers and the O Line needs to give Goff time like they usually do.

Looks like we?ll be headed to SF next week.

Let?s go!!!

30min until game time.

Let?s get it boys!!!!!

We look amazing on script early. Run game and everything else falls apart after that. Let's put a complete game together and get the W.

Defensively clean up the big plays to uncovered WRs. I always think mike Evans looks like crap when i watch him but he somehow ends up putting up numbers.

We look amazing on script early. Run game and everything else falls apart after that. Let's put a complete game together and get the W.

Defensively clean up the big plays to uncovered WRs. I always think mike Evans looks like crap when i watch him but he somehow ends up putting up numbers.

He runs like he?s in pain. And he looks slow. But, like you said, he just produces.

Need to do a good job picking up the blitz. We do that, and we have too many weapons for them to single cover. We don?t?..and not only will we have trouble scoring but Goff is likely to throw multiple picks.

An early big shot to JMO or Gibbs out of the slot and we could slow that down real quick.

Little fun game day parlay

$13 to win $300

Montgomery 2+ TDs
Montgomery over 54.5
Jamo over 33.5
Baker to throw a pick

Ford Field is crazy.

If we slow their blitz, we will score a lot. If not, we might struggle. I think we will and we win 35-23

Back