Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL investigating Patriots' footballs

I'm not sure Brady would do something without BB knowing..coaches always know.

That many players on a roster and you think BB knows every player's scheme or pregame superstition? I dunno, I'm not buying it. Maybe he knew but I don't think it's just an automatic assumption that can be made.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Brady would do something without BB knowing..coaches always know.
and if they don't, the still get in trouble since it was someone on their staff and they should have known (see Sean Peyton and bounty-gate)

That many players on a roster and you think BB knows every player's scheme or pregame superstition? I dunno, I'm not buying it. Maybe he knew but I don't think it's just an automatic assumption that can be made.

Maybe not everything but ball deflating. You think that would get out somehow..

Last edited:
If the ball boy is deflating balls on purpose then the order absolutely has to come from the QB. It wouldn't make sense to come from any other person on the team...player or coach. The QB is the one who touches the ball on every play and has to throw it. I could see a receiver, TE, RB or even the center liking the ball a little deflated but they are not going to tell the ball boy to do it without the QB giving the approval.

I actually think Belichek gave a really plausible answer today. Basically he said why the fuck would I ever know what happens to the footballs or about the process of footballs being inspected. I just assumed the league provided us footballs and we played the game.

Really though why would you ever think about this as a head coach. You might know your kicker and QB want the ball a certain way but why would you ever be involved in that? Like Peyton, he'll be held accountable and they should and will be stripped of a bunch of draft picks but his answer about not knowing shit about it is actually believable to me in this instance.

Last edited:
It might come from Brady I just don't see how BB would be in the dark on this..

Ripping who? Gotta be a reason they were deflated..

They are all saying Brady is absolutely full of shit that he didn't know about the footballs or couldn't tell any difference during the game....especially since during the press conference he said he likes the ball right at 12.5 psi.

They are all saying Brady is absolutely full of shit that he didn't know about the footballs or couldn't tell any difference during the game....especially since during the press conference he said he likes the ball right at 12.5 psi.

Oh, misunderstood..

yup, he's full of sh*t... and i'm willing to bet that Belli-cheat knew all along as well and is just trying to save face by throwing Brady under the bus

It's funny watching some of the people that repeatedly defend Suh for his transgressions be so high and mighty over this. Hysterical really.

So it turns out D'Qwell Jackson didn't notice anything wrong with the ball. So that means it must have been the checklist that Indy turned in before the game that had the refs check the footballs at halftime.

GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- Indianapolis Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson says he noticed nothing wrong with the football he intercepted against New England in last week's AFC championship game.

Talking after his Pro Bowl team practiced at Luke Air Force Base on Thursday, he said he merely wanted to keep the ball as a souvenir.

''Some guys, you make a big play, you want the ball,'' Jackson said. ''That was my intention.''

He said he took it to the sidelines, hasn't seen it since and probably never will.

''I'll do my best to try to get ahold of it,'' Jackson said. ''But right now it's in the middle of, what do they call it, 'Deflategate.'''

The normal procedure when a player wants to save the ball, he said, is for it to go to the equipment staff ''and you have it in your locker come Monday morning.''

''I don't know how it got to this point,'' Jackson said, ''but somehow I'm in the middle of it.''

Jackson said he doesn't handle the ball enough to know whether it was properly inflated or not.

''The deal about me saying that I noticed anything about it, that's totally false,'' he said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colts-jackson-says-noticed-nothing-wrong-football-215645753--nfl.html

The NFL, the media and many of you are so full of shit. This is such a non story that I am annoyed at myself for even giving credence to it by commenting on it. This is clearly a case of confirmation bias. If you hate Brady and the Pats then they are cheaters and should be punished severely. If you are a Pats fan then they are completely innocent. The truth is that in reality, it just is not important. Phil Simms on national TV says a month ago that Aaron Rodgers admitted to having his footballs overinflated. Nobody cared. It wasn't a big deal. When the Patriots are involved in a similar incident it is a massive story. Ridiculous. I have no problem with punishing the Pats if they are investigated and found to be intentionally tampering with the game balls. If that is done however, there should be an investigation into Green Bay and all the other teams as well. Also, what kind of investigation is it if Brady hasn't been contacted yet. The NFL is full of shit.

The NFL, the media and many of you are so full of shit. This is such a non story that I am annoyed at myself for even giving credence to it by commenting on it. This is clearly a case of confirmation bias. If you hate Brady and the Pats then they are cheaters and should be punished severely. If you are a Pats fan then they are completely innocent. The truth is that in reality, it just is not important. Phil Simms on national TV says a month ago that Aaron Rodgers admitted to having his footballs overinflated. Nobody cared. It wasn't a big deal. When the Patriots are involved in a similar incident it is a massive story. Ridiculous. I have no problem with punishing the Pats if they are investigated and found to be intentionally tampering with the game balls. If that is done however, there should be an investigation into Green Bay and all the other teams as well. Also, what kind of investigation is it if Brady hasn't been contacted yet. The NFL is full of shit.

damn-good-stuff.gif

Pretty much sums up my thoughts

Hardly worth the attention it's getting

When a story like this is talked about on the News, we have a problem.

Back