Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL Live the bounty special

motown1958

Im watching it right now on ESPN and I find swome of the arguments interesting. The bounty aspect seems to really taint the game. Also I think the biggest point that Steve Young brought up was that by putting bounties into the game the team and league has opened themselves up to lawsuits. This is why Goodell will come down very hard on both the Saints and Gregg Williams.

Also Suh has something to say about it which hasnt been brought up yet but I really wish he wouldnt talk about it at all. For someone already under a microscope saying anything about this could really open up him and the team so I am kind of nervous to see what he has to say.

But i thought "Bounties" never happen in sports?

Golly Gee...........

shits got far to outta hand....what's this bullshit about the NFL wanting to look into Scott Fujia when he was a Saint a couple years back ?

absolute horseshit.

SLICK said:
shits got far to outta hand....what's this bullshit about the NFL wanting to look into Scott Fujia when he was a Saint a couple years back ?

absolute horseshit.

Wayyyyyy outta hand, bro.

Who did Scott Fujita stroke out? LOL.

Shit, Avril is looking at 10M to hit the QB as hard as he can as many times as he can every game.

It's not a bounty.....but it seems like one....because they don't pay DE's that much if they CAN'T hit QB's.

Rams Defense - TM - Rams

SI's Peter King expects Rams DC Gregg Williams to receive "at least" an eight-game suspension for his role in the Saints' "bounty" scandal.
However, King believes Williams could be suspended for the entire 2012 season. Williams is meeting with NFL security officials on Monday to address allegations that he oversaw similar programs during his time in Washington and Buffalo. If Williams is handed a year-long ban, the Rams will almost certainly be forced to move on at defensive coordinator.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Browns LB Scott Fujita is "getting dragged into" the Saints' bounty scandal.
Fujita was a member of the Saints from 2006-2009. He is presumably facing a suspension, illustrating how the league's investigation of the Saints will have ramifications far beyond New Orleans. Fujita started 10 games for the Browns last season before being sent to injured reserve with a hand injury in November, notching 50 tackles

players in no way should be held responsible for this. This is something their coaches decided on and they followed the program. Usually in a business when your superiors offer you an incentive, you do your best to reach those incentives. Even if a player injured someone on accident, you think theyre gonna say no when Willliams walked up to them with 5K? lol, this is ridiculous.

I get why the NFL has to come down hard on this. But I really don't think it should trickle down to the players at all. Keep it at the coaches level if they new about it and encouraged it. Announce to the league that if we find out anyone is involved in "bounties" going forward then you will receive a lengthy fine and suspension. Let bygones be bygones.

Not sure why the NFL wants to keep going back and digging up dirt on this. You're going to find out that 99% of defensive players are trying to knock offensive players out of the game. Plus, it's a good way to make the highlight film on Sportscenter.

When we knocked Rodgers out of the game a couple years ago i totally thought "damn, this is ruining the NFL" *sarcasm* ofcourse defenses want to injure offensive players....coaches want it....fans want it. This whole thing is dumb. Teams/Players effected are going to be butthurt and start rating on previous teams theyve been on that did it as well and all of a sudden 40% of the league is going to be suspended lol. Its already happening to Washington....

PS....if bounties werent supposed to happen in sports than Probert never would have had a job in the NHL.

mhughes0021 said:
PS....if bounties werent supposed to happen in sports than Probert never would have had a job in the NHL.

Probie had great hands for a fighter...the year he had 400 PIM he also put 29 pucks in the net , later in his career , yes he wouldnt have had a job....but early on he was a power winger.

These aren't college kids. Grown men. Whether you think it was okay or not they absolutely should be dragged down with their coach. If Goodell really wants to nip it in the bud, players will get something, suspension or fine. And because the NFL has become soft then he'll want to send a message.

The reason the saints are going to get hit so hard is because they were told by the league to knock it off and they chose to continue with it anyway. Vilma will get hit hard and so will Fujita. Also the redskins could get some form of punishment if they are found guilty by Goodells goon squad. I dont know how I feel about the whole bounty issue. I think its been around forever but it doesnt have a place in the new NFL. The league realizes that they need to get concussions and injuries under control and thats why this is so bad. Bad publicity for the league will not end well for the teams found guilty.

motown1958 said:
The reason the saints are going to get hit so hard is because they were told by the league to knock it off and they chose to continue with it anyway. Vilma will get hit hard and so will Fujita. Also the redskins could get some form of punishment if they are found guilty by Goodells goon squad. I dont know how I feel about the whole bounty issue. I think its been around forever but it doesnt have a place in the new NFL. The league realizes that they need to get concussions and injuries under control and thats why this is so bad. Bad publicity for the league will not end well for the teams found guilty.

bye bye Vilma.

Just watched the NFL Live bounty special lol. Golic and Darren Woodson just admitted that in their locker rooms that they would get more money if they had a hard hit and a guy got injured. Sooooo.....Goodell gets to go investigate the Raiders from 20 years ago and the cowboys in the 90s? Like i said before....if you really want to dive into this youll end up suspending half the league....this is dumb.

Yea its been in the game forever. Everyone new about the eagles doing it when Golic was there. In fact it came to light leading the former commissioner to address the situation. No doubt about this being a dumb I guess we will see how far the Commissioner is willing to go. Also I am glad that whatever they were going to share from Suh never ended up getting aired. If he came out in defense of the act it would be yet another blow to his image and also put all those personal fouls committed by the Lions into question.

No, not entirely. But if suspensions and losing picks are the punishment it will stop some. I don't think Goodell is so dumb he doesn't know its been going for awhile but I think when you get a coach involved, its bad.

Back