Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL Salary Cap

looka t that link. Detroit only has 15 million in cap space, mostly tied into Stafford and CJ

looka t that link. Detroit only has 15 million in cap space, mostly tied into Stafford and CJ

Tons of space. And the ability to make 21 million more in room without much future hurt. Actually less committments considering the cuts. Great job Lewand.

I'm not as well versed in cap as some others, but when I see most of the money tied up in 2 guys, Tulloch didn't play, Bush is cooked, and other guys are going to be making a lot more soon, that's not a good thing.

I'm not as well versed in cap as some others, but when I see most of the money tied up in 2 guys, Tulloch didn't play, Bush is cooked, and other guys are going to be making a lot more soon, that's not a good thing.

We have room and the ability to make more room. Tulloch, Bush we proved we didn't need. Both cuttable. Same with Jones. 8 million in room.

4 restructures for 13 million in room taking 5.3 in space in 2016 and 2017 each. Not a big deal if you look at our cap committments for 2016 and 2017. Especially if you take Tulloch and Bush off those cap committments.

People are freaking out about 3 big contracts for no reason. Cap numbers that can change with restructures or a new Stafford deal in 2016 is possible too.

The Lions have given no indication that they plan to cut Bush, something that would save about $1.7 million in cap room. To the contrary, they actually restructured Bush's contract earlier this season, an exercise that delayed part of his cap hit and would seem to fly in the face of logic if a team was looking move on from a player.

That part. Like I said, I'm not well versed in cap stuff. Along with the fact that Detroit sports teams have a hard on for veterans like no other franchise.

The Lions have given no indication that they plan to cut Bush, something that would save about $1.7 million in cap room. To the contrary, they actually restructured Bush's contract earlier this season, an exercise that delayed part of his cap hit and would seem to fly in the face of logic if a team was looking move on from a player.

That part. Like I said, I'm not well versed in cap stuff. Along with the fact that Detroit sports teams have a hard on for veterans like no other franchise.

Still save money. 1.7 in room is another Ihedigbo type plus Prater back. Put it that way.

They restructured before 2014. You saw what happened in 2014. We proved we didn't need him.

I'm not saying he will be cut. I hope he will. However, that article you linked means absolutely nothing.

I'd rather see us replace Bush with a RB in the lower rounds and roll with Bell and Riddick. Saves money.....headaches......and from me having to type out FUCK YOU BUSH!!!! at least a dozen times in 2015's games threads!

i'd like to see them make trades first before cutting. maybe get a low level draft pick out of it

i'd like to see them make trades first before cutting. maybe get a low level draft pick out of it

They don't have many tradeable contracts....that's the main problem.

Bush's is one that might be.....$3.5M base salary isn't bad....but who want's a slowing 30 year old running back coming off the most injury filled season of his career?? Nobody.

Tulloch has a $4.5M base. Again, too much risk for a team to take an aging MLB who was never known for his speed coming off a torn ACL.

BOTH players can be had for less if/when they hit free agency.

Taylor, Whitehead, Ihedigbo, Fauria and Waddle are really the only tradable pieces the Lions have at this point (cap $ and talent wise) and they wouldn't get anything in return for any of those players at this point.

EDIT: Slay, Levy and Warford have MUCH more trade value than anyone I mentioned....I know that.....but are "off the market" at this point because of their current role with the team.

Last edited:
Back