Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NFL Top 100 - 1 Lion

brewer229

Not sure when this was released, but it is new to me. This is the annual player's vote on the top 100 NFL players.

#1 Cam Newton
#2 Brady
#3 Watt
#4 Antonio Brown
#5 Peterson
#43 Ziggy Ansah

Lions were one of 8 teams that only had 1 Top 100 player, (all teams had at least one except the Bears).

If you go to the link below and click on Ziggy you can see a video on him and players talking about hit.

Packers and Vikings each had 3 players.

Chiefs had the most with 9.

http://www.nfl.com/network/top100

And they've all regressed. Slay and ansah are the only legitimate top 100 guys. That's fucking awful.

Stafford. 97 rating. Matches 2011. Not regressed. Better
Levy was hurt. Still a stud
Tate and ngata very good players. Ngata had great second Hal of season

6 true top 100. Great team

Your only great if you win playoff games which they better thus year with this cake schedule. Which I am predicting. But still bot great untill it happens .

They beat dallas and were screwed by refs out of chance to beat washington this year in playoffs. You know it, I know it

Your only great if you win playoff games which they better thus year with this cake schedule. Which I am predicting. But still bot great untill it happens .

Cup cake schedule doesn't help them win in the playoffs. Just gets them there.

The WRs at the bottom of the list include:

Sammy Watkins
Jarvis Landry
Jeremy Maclin

i have a hard time putting Tate above any of those 3...his production slipped whereas all of theirs improved. Tate doesnt belong in the top 100.

Levy hasnt played in like 2 years....he doesnt belong in the top 100

Ngata playing well for a half of a year.....he doesnt belong in the top 100.

Slay and Ansah are it...thats pathedic.

Stafford, ngata,levy and tate are top 100 in this league

Quin too

Last edited:

Sammy Watkins
Jarvis Landry
Jeremy Maclin

i have a hard time putting Tate above any of those 3...his production slipped whereas all of theirs improved. Tate doesnt belong in the top 100.

32 teams in the NFL which means in the top 100 each team should have about 3(if all the teams were equal). Slay should have been there, but it hurts when a team like the Chiefs had what, like 9 players

Calvin would have made the list (late teens if I recall correctly) but was removed when he retired (as was Charles Woodson and probably Peyton Manning). The players vote in December or sometime before the playoffs I believe.

Regardless, this list has more to do with popularity than actual value IMO.

This is mathematically dumb.

There are 22 starters on a team not counting special teams. If all the top 100 were spread out to the fewest number of teams, you could still have the 5 most talented team in the league without a single player in the top 100.

At minimum, there are 13 different standard positions (again not counting special teams). Dividing 13 into 100 is under 8. If we assume all positions are equally represented (which is unlikely), that means you could have a top 10 player at every position and not have a single one make the top 100.

Even if this list was factually correct (rather than a popularity contest), not having a single player in the top 100 wouldn't actually tell you anything about how good the team is. A team doesn't need recognized stars too be good. Simply having an above average player at every position would make a team pretty great.

Sammy Watkins
Jarvis Landry
Jeremy Maclin

Nothing pathetic about it. Tate, Slay, Ansah, Levy, and Ngata are stars in this league. With Stafford on the cusp IMO....

You're reaching as usual lol.

Calvin would have made the list (late teens if I recall correctly) but was removed when he retired (as was Charles Woodson and probably Peyton Manning). The players vote in December or sometime before the playoffs I believe.

Regardless, this list has more to do with popularity than actual value IMO.

I'm not sure it is necessarily a popularity contest. The popular players are usually the best players, so it's not surprise to see the popular players on this list.

There are a few names on this list I don't necessarily agree with, but overall I wouldn't say it is a bad list by any means.

ESPN came out with a list and only Ansah was on it.
I'm shocked. I thought ESPN would have listed the entire Patriots team twice with how heavy their bias is.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

And they said slay was snubbed. Tate and quin and stafford have been on top 100s before. Media chose to be down on lions this year. They will change their tune

Back