Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NHL Tankathon

It sucks losing so much, but perhaps that is the signal Holland needs to start looking for deals to get Goose/Jimmy moved. Especially Jimmy he is far more likely to go down with an injury than goose.

Detroit has 37 points.

Last place St. Louis 34 points with 5 games in hand on Detroit.
LA 35 points - 1 game in hand on Detroit
Ottawa 35 points - 1 game in hand on Detroit
Philly 35 points - 3 games in hand on Detroit

Chicago 36 - even

Arizona 36 - 2 games in hand on Detroit
New Jersey 37 points - 3 games in hand
Carolina 37 points - 4 games in hand

I would put Detroit about 4th from the bottom at the moment.

Well Edmonton is crashing at the moment, and the Ducks, I think Detroit has more competition right now. Though on the other hand Chicago is playing much better. After seeing Ottawa vs the Wings the other night I can't see anyone worse then them.

Last edited:
Think Ducks are 2-1 without Randy. Unless Murray is intentionally planning on tanking, in which case, he is doing a bad job as coach.

Everything is still close especially at the bottom.

Time will tell, plus the lottery determines the top pick.

I believe Detroit is 3rd now. I can't see them picking past 5th. Ottawa seems to have #1 locked up.

LA is at 2, courtesy of the 9 game losing streak. But they are up 3-2 tonight vs the Stars, 2nd INT.

Last edited:
I believe Detroit is 3rd now. I can't see them picking past 5th. Ottawa seems to have #1 locked up.

LA is at 2, courtesy of the 9 game losing streak. But they are up 3-2 tonight vs the Stars, 2nd INT.

LA still up 3-2 early 3rd , i don't see Ottowa winning any games going forward as they are a train wreck . Looks like we are gonna need to win the lottery to get Hughes or hope Colorado some how doesn't take him

LA lost that's 10 now. But they at least got a point.

Last edited:
That streak at the beginning of the season where the Wings rattled off like 9 wins in 10 games really f'd things up.

It sure would be nice to get some luck and get the number 1 pick for a change. I run the sim 10 times and reset it after each time and I normally get at least one time in ten where the red Wings Pick 1st. I few teams it is second or third, and on or two times they drop to 5th or 6th.

My question is what is the worst we can fall to ?

It sure would be nice to get some luck and get the number 1 pick for a change. I run the sim 10 times and reset it after each time and I normally get at least one time in ten where the red Wings Pick 1st. I few teams it is second or third, and on or two times they drop to 5th or 6th.

My question is what is the worst we can fall to ?

Like I said earlier I don't see us getting past 5th. But anything can happen..

Nice LA won today so we dipped to the number 2 slot , still got a game tonight tho ...hate to cheer for losses but oh well haha

Nice LA won today so we dipped to the number 2 slot , still got a game tonight tho ...hate to cheer for losses but oh well haha

When I watch, I will tonight, I will root for them. Hard not too but If they lose I will be a little happy for that I guess. So many games left though.

When I watch, I will tonight, I will root for them. Hard not too but If they lose I will be a little happy for that I guess. So many games left though.

Yea i really can't root against them , it's just not my nature ....But i'm like you as in if they do lose i wont be too upset .

I’m just not so sure I want to draft Hughes. Call me crazy but he is all offense. Michigan’s defense is just not very good this year. Maybe it is because mostly freshman and sophomores are playing but I wish he would play better in the defensive zone.

Defensive faults can be fixed at the NHL level.

Look at Yzerman, Fedorov. Hell even Crosby started getting better after the first Wings series when Zetterberg was on him like a fat kid on cake.

I think if you're talented they can be fixed. But it took Yzerman quite awhile. It was like the fat kid was eying the cake from a far but was told not to take his first bite until he was 26.

I?m just not so sure I want to draft Hughes. Call me crazy but he is all offense. Michigan?s defense is just not very good this year. Maybe it is because mostly freshman and sophomores are playing but I wish he would play better in the defensive zone.

Depends where they draft. Doesn't seem top heavy in the D department.

Back