Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ohio Trying to Dumb Things Down for Religious Dummies

Michchamp

Link:
The Ohio House on Wednesday passed the "Student Religious Liberties Act." Under the law, students can't be penalized if their work is scientifically wrong as long as the reasoning is because of their religious beliefs.​

Of course you could've probably guessed who was behind this:
Every Republican in the House supported the bill. It now moves to the Republican-controlled Senate.​

i wonder if they're doing this because education is dominated by people who deny the actual science of things like gender and climate change. maybe this is just to protect students who have science in their favor from being punished for not practicing the religion of left think. this would give them the ability to tell the truth about these things and protect their grades by adding a religious conviction disclaimer.

thats probably not the intent, but it can be used that way.

i wonder if they're doing this because education is dominated by people who deny the actual science of things like gender and climate change. maybe this is just to protect students who have science in their favor from being punished for not practicing the religion of left think. this would give them the ability to tell the truth about these things and protect their grades by adding a religious conviction disclaimer.

thats probably not the intent, but it can be used that way.

Gender I'm willing to give you, but the part about climate change is they deny the very little science that backs up your idea of actual science is absurd, especially since it has nothing at all to do with religion, unless you believe the whole "god is great he would never let that happen to us" stuff.

Gender I'm willing to give you, but the part about climate change is they deny the very little science that backs up your idea of actual science is absurd, especially since it has nothing at all to do with religion, unless you believe the whole "god is great he would never let that happen to us" stuff.

anthropogenic catastrophic climate change is a religion and it's adherents demand blind and absolute adherence and anyone who dares disagree with the groupthink must be destroyed. It's also not backed up by science.

anthropogenic catastrophic climate change is a religion and it's adherents demand blind and absolute adherence and anyone who dares disagree with the groupthink must be destroyed. It's also not backed up by science.
You've added another adjective! Progress!

Back