Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Omir Santos Called up, replaces Raburn.

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2012/5/30/3052402/omir-santos-joining-tigers-in-place-of-ryan-raburn

Mmmm not sure what to say about this. If this is eluding to Avila being worse off then reported this sucks! Santos is another no one base skills player. No point in having Cabby and Prince hit Hrs if no one is on base.

*Cries*

Santos!. uggg, one can only conclude Alex's knee(s) bothering him more than previously reported. Not like we all couldn't see it watching the games on TV. you see things watching it on TV you just can't see from the dugout. I don't think i'm ever going to forget that quote from smokes. LOL.. ya think? oh boy it's going to be a long year..

if it ain't that then who knows maybe they are going to try Laird out at 2nd? LOL..

Last edited:
I really don't mind Laird catching for the next few days and Santos being his backup during that stretch.

The only way this move makes any sense at all is if the Tigers are shopping Santos as a plus defensive catcher as part of a package, and so they can move Brantly up to AAA, or because Alex is headed to the DL.

i'm hoping it's DD magic and not a torn Patellar Tendon on Avila, or just bad tendonitis.

Mentioned this in last nights game thread with TM and another poster,

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if one of his knees is bothering him...he isn't a speed merchant by any stretch of the imagination, but just watching the way he is running almost like putting the 'least' amount of pressure on a knee while running.
he could be next, hopefully it is just needed rest and not any type of surgery.

"Tigers "searched and searched" for RH hitter, outside of the organization as well as from within said Leyland, before Santos move." -KCs thread

Seriously, how sad is this organizations sometimes?

"Tigers "searched and searched" for RH hitter, outside of the organization as well as from within said Leyland, before Santos move." -KCs thread

The state of affairs with this team is getting worse every week.

It was a temp move, that allows them to let Laird DH while Avila catches, and does not take away the DH if Alex gets hurt.

So whoever it was was only going to be here until Ajax returns. - per Leyland radio show.

Hudson is only batting .185 for the Sox but they are 8-1 since he was picked up...

It was a temp move, that allows them to let Laird DH while Avila catches, and does not take away the DH if Alex gets hurt.

So whoever it was was only going to be here until Ajax returns. - per Leyland radio show.
you know we're grasping at straws when we're using Laird to DH.

Laird is hitting .310 better than alex, and he can still throw a runner or two out trying to steal. maybe Laird should play everyday for awhile.

not a good idea, we've tried that before and he was awful. he can be moderately productive getting some playing time as a backup, but he cant start full time.

not a good idea, we've tried that before and he was awful. he can be moderately productive getting some playing time as a backup, but he cant start full time.

Yeah but he went to Stl for a year and sorted it out with better hitting coaches. He hasn't been back long enough yet to go back to pop up laird. Hence I said "for awhile" lol

Yeah but he went to Stl for a year and sorted it out with better hitting coaches. He hasn't been back long enough yet to go back to pop up laird. Hence I said "for awhile" lol
he was a backup there too though.

Back