Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

On This Day In History

So an Ohio State Buckeye web blog writing an article about an event that happened at going on half a decade ago or that had absolutely nothing to do with the Ohio State buckeyes.

On the other hand, it?s not that surprising that there?s really nothing better to do in Ohio.

Last edited:
So an Ohio State Buckeye web blog writing an article about an event that happened at going on half a decade ago or that had absolutely nothing to do with the Ohio State buckeyes.

On the other hand, it?s not that surprising that there?s really nothing better to do in Ohio.

Thanks for stopping by!

EDIT: Guess it more than just the Buckeye and Spartan faithful who enjoy recalling this Michigan fail.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=27791567

Last edited:
Tinsel: Do we M fans ever revel in the failures of MSU and OSU? What is the reason they continually do so in regards to Michigan? It could be the topic of some PHD-candidate in Psychiatry.

Tinsel: Do we M fans ever revel in the failures of MSU and OSU? What is the reason they continually do so in regards to Michigan? It could be the topic of some PHD-candidate in Psychiatry.

I guess some fans do; since you used ?we,? I guess I would say you and I generally don?t.

Regarding the never ending ?our thugs are less thuggish than your thugs? and ?our administrative scandals are less scandalous than your administrative scandals? I virtually never participate in that thread transcendent discussion.

I wanted to say that I didn?t make a single post on the thread SpartanMack linked to, but I did; #15, which was cautionary about the thread not being on the politics board, and #33, which was intended as a joke - maybe it wasn?t very funny; maybe it was a little tasteless.

Although tasteless humor is my stock in trade on the politics board, and I?m actually pretty proud of that.

Last edited:

Hold on.

might want to delete this and give me a couple minutes to delete some old threads, then re-post it.

That's not necessarily relevant to my point, which is focused on the fields of play.

sure, if you ignore all the classless things uofm posters like vic, hughes, mc, nsonnett post in sports and nonsports related threads, then uofm posters are classier than MSU and buckeye posters.

Last edited:
It's classless to make a thread about MSU sex scandals but not to ignore sex scandals and "stick to sports"... right...?

"Stop pointing out how my school prioritized winning games over protecting its student athletes from abusive sex offenders, you classless person"

sure, if you ignore all the classless things uofm posters like vic, hughes, mc, nsonnett post in sports and nonsports related threads, then uofm posters are classier than MSU and buckeye posters.

Now you just tossing straw in the sky. If it's impossible to focus on my point, let's let it be.

It's classless to make a thread about MSU sex scandals but not to ignore sex scandals and "stick to sports"... right...?

"Stop pointing out how my school prioritized winning games over protecting its student athletes from abusive sex offenders, you classless person"

this is exactly my point - making shit up to claim you're not a low class douchebag.

That's not necessarily relevant to my point, which is focused on the fields of play.

So to get back to your question to me in #4, I don?t know what a PHd. Candidate in psychiatry would think of JWLCOSU. I suppose it would depend on what university that student was attending ? do they actually have PhD?s in psychiatry at OSU?

As far as what happens on the field of play, now a half century of being a Michigan fan, in any other game not concerning Michigan I always want the best outcome for Michigan. That has over the years usually meant rooting for the buckeyes to lose in conference, and when the Spartan?s have been an opponent for the conference title it would be also of course mean rooting against them.

I know a lot of Michigan fans always root against the Spartans, but I typically hope they do well out of conference. With the buckeyes it?s a double edged sword. There?s kind of the schotenfreud of seeing them lose, on the other hand, the scotenfreud of destroying a great season for Ohio State in The Game ? which actually used to happen in my memory ? is the greatest of all

Last edited:
Now you just tossing straw in the sky. If it's impossible to focus on my point, let's let it be.

that post addresses your point directly. look at just about any game thread this season and youll see nsonnett, hughes or mc doing exactly what you say uofm fans dont do. read any post where vic or mc mentions msu sports or otherwise here or on the uofm board and you'll see they're doing exactly what you claim uofm fans don't do.

the fact that you want to continuously narrow your point from uofm fans dont do that to uofm fans dont do that with respect to the fields of play now to a uofm fans dont do that with respect to a particular play or however narrowly youre trying to define it, is kind of silly. its also not true - not too long ago mc was reveling in the dirty hit on Drew Stanton that separated his shoulder back in '04 or '05. we all have our bad apples, its just a fact.

however, i would like to reiterate in this particular case where you seem to be lumping osu and msu fans together, not one MSU poster has responded to the OP to join in the revelry

Last edited:
So to get back to your question to me in #4, I don?t know what a PHd. Candidate in psychiatry would think of JWLCOSU. I suppose it would depend on what university that student was attending ? do they actually have PhD?s in psychiatry at OSU?

As far as what happens on the field of play, now a half century of being a Michigan fan, in any other game not concerning Michigan I always want the best outcome for Michigan. That has over the years usually meant rooting for the buckeyes to lose in conference, and when the Spartan?s have been an opponent for the conference title it would be also of course mean rooting against them.

I know a lot of Michigan fans always root against the Spartans, but I typically hope they do well out of conference. With the buckeyes it?s a double edged sword. There?s kind of the schotenfreud of seeing them lose, on the other hand, the scotenfreud of destroying a great season for Ohio State in The Game ? which actually used to happen in my memory ? is the greatest of all

Sure, but I would not go on a Buckeye's board and post gif of Tim B. slashing through the OSU defense, or Hayes destroying innocent yard markers or even Reggie Germany's college transcripts.

that post addresses your point directly. look at just about any game thread this season and youll see nsonnett, hughes or mc doing exactly what you say uofm fans dont do. read any post where vic or mc mentions msu sports or otherwise here or on the uofm board and you'll see they're doing exactly what you claim uofm fans don't do.

the fact that you want to continuously narrow your point from uofm fans dont do that to uofm fans dont do that with respect to the fields of play now to a uofm fans dont do that with respect to a particular play or however narrowly youre trying to define it, is kind of silly. its also not true - not too long ago mc was reveling in the dirty hit on Drew Stanton that separated his shoulder back in '04 or '05. we all have our bad apples, its just a fact.

however, i would like to reiterate in this particular case where you seem to be lumping osu and msu fans together, not one MSU poster has responded to the OP to join in the revelry

Do we M fans ever revel in the failures of MSU and OSU? It was a question, not a statement. However, State fans seem to, in my opinion, "remind" Michigan fans of past MSU successes against Michigan, and Michigan fans, in my opinion, do not do this to the same degree or frequency.

Sure, but I would not go on a Buckeye's board and post gif of Tim B. slashing through the OSU defense, or Hayes destroying innocent yard markers or even Reggie Germany's college transcripts.

What can I tell ya?

There?s a new rendition of The Addams Family coming out shortly.

jwlcosu is sort of this board?s Uncle Fester.

Or Eddie Haskell.

Back