Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

People making fun of barron

I think we've already seen the double standard. Obama girls didn't get nearly the outrage. But when its a white 10 year old.....oh SHIT! let's start firing people!

We're talking here at Detroit Sport Forum, DSF. You shouldn't do it to any young child. Weather its the left, right, SNL, or Fox News. It's wrong. Just because it happened before doesn't make it right now..

I think we've already seen the double standard. Obama girls didn't get nearly the outrage. But when its a white 10 year old.....oh SHIT! let's start firing people!

are you kidding? there wasn't nearly this much backlash for people making fun of the Obama girls? First, name one celebrity, comedian or writer for SNL or any other show that made fun of the Obama girls. If it happened, it was from some no name idiot in the comment section of an online article fawning over them. Hell, people were publicly shamed for not agreeing that Michele was the most beautiful woman in the world.

Edit: There was a GOP staffer who criticized the way the girls dressed and acted at a televised event at the White House on her FB page. there was a MASSIVE blowback over it and she lost her job immediately. She didn't even make fun of them, she criticized the 13 and 16 year old girls' behavior and attire which she thought was inappropriate for the White House. I'm not saying it's OK, it's not but it's quite a bit different from a celebrity and an SNL writer making fun a 10 year old on twitter. Plus, she probably has a lot fewer FB friends than Katie Rich and Julie Bowen have twitter followers.

Google "Obama girls criticized" and you get about 5 headlines for that story and one other that talks about idiots making inappropriate comments to an article on the FOX News website - not celebrities, not high profile venue, idiots in the comment section of a website. That's not a lot over 8 years. There is no double standard here - at least not the one you think there is.

Last edited:
are you kidding? there wasn't nearly this much backlash for people making fun of the Obama girls? First, name one celebrity, comedian or writer for SNL or any other show that made fun of the Obama girls. If it happened, it was from some no name idiot in the comment section of an online article fawning over them. Hell, people were publicly shamed for not agreeing that Michele was the most beautiful woman in the world.

Edit: There was a GOP staffer who criticized the way the girls dressed and acted at a televised event at the White House on her FB page. there was a MASSIVE blowback over it and she lost her job immediately. She didn't even make fun of them, she criticized the 13 and 16 year old girls' behavior and attire which she thought was inappropriate for the White House. I'm not saying it's OK, it's not but it's quite a bit different from a celebrity and an SNL writer making fun a 10 year old on twitter. Plus, she probably has a lot fewer FB friends than Katie Rich and Julie Bowen have twitter followers.

Google "Obama girls criticized" and you get about 5 headlines for that story and one other that talks about idiots making inappropriate comments to an article on the FOX News website - not celebrities, not high profile venue, idiots in the comment section of a website. That's not a lot over 8 years. There is no double standard here - at least not the one you think there is.

To be fair. ...the SNL writer didn't really make fun of barron. She just said he will be America's first home school shooter. I don't even know what that means to be honest. ..

No one should make fun of a ten year old. They're not public figures they're children. And honestly it tells me a lot about who you are, Thumb.

Tells you what?

I didn't pick on the kid nor condone it, I'm just saying shit like this happens when you are a public figure.

And honestly, I couldn't give less of a fuck what you think of me anyways Mitch.

To be fair. ...the SNL writer didn't really make fun of barron. She just said he will be America's first home school shooter. I don't even know what that means to be honest. ..

if you don't think she's making fun of Barron with that tweet, I agree - you don't know what that means.

Tells you what?

I didn't pick on the kid nor condone it, I'm just saying shit like this happens when you are a public figure.

And honestly, I couldn't give less of a fuck what you think of me anyways Mitch.

Ya i got blasted on FB for saying...."hes in the public eye and people are idiots so stuff like this isnt going to stop. I have no faith in people."

Its not saying that its ok.....its just saying its goign to happen.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/...ick&contentCollection=Trending&pgtype=article
Katie Rich of ‘S.N.L.’ Is Suspended for Tweet Mocking Barron Trump.

http://www.someecards.com/news/politics/chelsea-clinton-barron-trump/

This child and all kids should be off limits.

yes and no. his oldest kids (with Ivana) have actively involved themselves in politics, defended their father publicly and attacked others. I think they're fair game. not his two youngest little brats though.

It seemed to me like most Conservatives more or less did stay away from attacks on Obama's daughters. but Michelle got way more shit than she deserved, a lot of which was of a certain... uh... bent (know what I mean?)

It's not fair to tag ALL Conservatives or Republicans with the shit that was said about Michelle, but on the flip side of the coin if Republicans try to play the victims when anyone attacks Melania, that would be extremely hypocritical of them.

For what it's worth, I remember reading more than a handful of comments from Democrats/liberals/progressives/whathaveyou during the campaign telling others to leave Melania alone & not drag her through the mud. EVEN THOUGH her sketchy immigration history was notable given her husband's political position & bullshit pandering on immigration issues... and the Nativist tone his supporters took.

and her topless/nude pics... can you imagine the shit the Evangelicals and Family Values voters who supported Trump would be saying if a Democrat had a wife like that!?!? Such hypocrisy...

Last edited by a moderator:
and her topless/nude pics... can you imagine the shit the Evangelicals and Family Values voters who supported Trump would be saying if a Democrat had a wife like that!?!? Such hypocrisy...

These have popped up 3 times on my facebook feed (I expect better behavior on my facebook feed to to the lack of anonymity.) I agree with the basic point that the reaction would be big if it were the other way around, but I'm surprised by the "reasonable, normal people" that are now cool with, not just posting stories about the existence of these pictures, but actual pictures.

Additionally, this is allegedly the party that's more supportive of feminism and less critical of women expressing their sexuality. What happened to "slut shaming"?

Last edited:
Tells you what?

I know you don't and the last sentence I shouldn't have said but you made it sound like you condone it. It happened before, public eye etc. Like it's okay or something.. If you didn't mean that I'm sorry ..

The Child is ten. Leave him alone.

I know you don't and the last sentence I shouldn't have said but you made it sound like you condone it. It happened before, public eye etc. Like it's okay or something.. If you didn't mean that I'm sorry ..

The Child is ten. Leave him alone.

i dunno...after watching some of these hearings from people he has appointed. The dumb fuck in charge of schools, carson is meh, and today linda mcmahon.....fuck trump and his kid :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalinecountry View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/a...pgtype=article
Katie Rich of ?S.N.L.? Is Suspended for Tweet Mocking Barron Trump.

http://www.someecards.com/news/polit...-barron-trump/

This child and all kids should be off limits.

Originally Posted by Michchamp
yes and no. his oldest kids (with Ivana) have actively involved themselves in politics, defended their father publicly and attacked others. I think they're fair game. not his two youngest little brats though.

I should have been clearer in who I meant which is the young child/kid only.

Not his adult children. They should be open to any and all brands of good and condemnation.

i dunno...after watching some of these hearings from people he has appointed. The dumb fuck in charge of schools, carson is meh, and today linda mcmahon.....fuck trump and his kid :D

What does any of that have to do with an adorable ten year old?

The only thing I thought when I saw Barron was "damn, that's a tall 10 year old!"

He is tall, and maybe just maybe the ones criticizing assumed he was older. Not giving them a pass because he still doesn't look old enough to get cranked on.

Back