Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Perking in Anderson out?

inkfreq

Little shocking:

The Detroit Lions announced today that they have been awarded RB Paul Perkins via waivers from the New York Giants.

In addition, the Lions released RB C.J. Anderson.

Im fine with it. He's looked slow and not productive the first two games.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wow. Yet they kept blount all last year. Liking Ty Johnson more and more though

Wow. Yet they kept blount all last year. Liking Ty Johnson more and more though

I'm fairly certain that Ty Johnson's emergence made Anderson's 1.5 million expendable. No point in giving carries to an aging vet on a 1 year deal when you've got a rookie that's looked promising.

And 1.5 million might not seem like much but with Quinn's notable mid/off season moves (Snacks, Daniels) I imagine the flexibility is nice if he has to pull the trigger on the spot.

I'm fairly certain that Ty Johnson's emergence made Anderson's 1.5 million expendable. No point in giving carries to an aging vet on a 1 year deal when you've got a rookie that's looked promising.

And 1.5 million might not seem like much but with Quinn's notable mid/off season moves (Snacks, Daniels) I imagine the flexibility is nice if he has to pull the trigger on the spot.

Good to carry over and Anderson wasn't producing. I'm ok with it. Hopefully no injuries now. Perkins has a little potential and is much younger

Good! Never shoulda signed Anderson in the first place! He’s terrible

Ty Johnson won the battle...Bevell probably saw how limited he was with CJ in the game and we just simply do not have the oline to pound the rock straight up the middle which is the only thing CJ is good at. Saw alot of complaints about him during the game threads so this shouldnt bother too many people on here.

Last edited:
This is weird and didn’t Anderson say something on his way out ? Like there was something behind the scenes that may have happened?

Back