Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Peyton to be released

I think Miami but I have a feeling a team not really on the radar will pick him up.

I'm curious what kind of money he'll get. He won't be cheap.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I'm curious what kind of money he'll get. He won't be cheap.

He may not be as expensive as you would think. Teams will probably still be a little bit worried about the injury and Peyton is going to go where he wants to go despite who will throw him the most money I think. Some teams may try to wait to see if he make some progress if he is not throwing all that well just yet and others may try to pounce right away. It will definitely be interesting though!

ESPN Rumors:

It's all Peyton Manning, all the time. And the Seattle Seahawks will apparently be all in to sign the soon-to-be free agent quarterback.

"Hearing from a league source the Seahawks will come out, checkbook blazing, for Manning," Rich Cimini of ESPN New York tweeted.

Seattle clearly has a need at quarterback after surviving a season with Tarvaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst at the helm. The Seahawks are also believed to be contenders for free agent quarterback Matt Flynn. Seattle may even be a long shot to enter the Robert Griffin III draft trade sweepstakes.

But a potential move for Manning changes everything. Even if doesn't sign Manning, it's clear the Seahawks are willing to do what's necessary to upgrade the game's most important position.

- Brent Sobleski

Mike Sando
Seattle Seahawks and chasing Manning

"The team has a strong base of talent on defense. The running game finished strong last season, with Marshawn Lynch leading the league over the final nine weeks. Sidney Rice, Zach Miller and Doug Baldwin would give Manning weapons in the passing game. Miller was underutilized in the passing game last season. The team needed him in pass protection at times. Also, quarterback Tarvaris Jackson played hurt and held the ball too long. Manning would make fuller use of Miller and the other weapons. Seattle can also offer a talented left tackle if Russell Okung has better luck on the injury front. Seattle also has easily the most appealing facilities in the division. Like Arizona, Seattle can offer a low-key media atmosphere where Manning can focus on football, same as he did in Indy. Manning's neck injuries remain a concern, but Seattle can offer something on that front as well. Team physician Stan Herring serves on the NFL's Head, Neck and Spine Committee."

That tells me he's getting paid and he should. Maybe he'll get a shorten deal or incentive based but he won't be cheap. Its freaking Peyton Manning.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]That tells me he's getting paid and he should. Maybe he'll get a shorten deal or incentive based but he won't be cheap. Its freaking Peyton Manning.

I hope his neck is held together..would be a shame to be in a wheelchair with all his money

tsmith7559 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]That tells me he's getting paid and he should. Maybe he'll get a shorten deal or incentive based but he won't be cheap. Its freaking Peyton Manning.

I hope his neck is held together..would be a shame to be in a wheelchair with all his money

Lol. You mean it'd be a shame to be in a wheelchair at his age and for health reasons. Geez man :)

In case anyone hasn't seen this..

[flash=350,287:rjbi2o9p]http://www.youtube.com/v/-4RioLe4ea4&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:rjbi2o9p]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

Sound might be a tad low so TURN IT UP.

[color=#006400 said:

Not saying that he will not get paid or should not for that matter...Just saying that he is not going to go somewhere just for money and would probably take a decent amount less to go where he wants to go. All eyes will be on Peyton and where he signs and how well he plays all season.

After thinking about it I'd say the Chiefs with Texans as my darkhorse.

michiganmania said:
[color=#006400 said:

Not saying that he will not get paid or should not for that matter...Just saying that he is not going to go somewhere just for money and would probably take a decent amount less to go where he wants to go. All eyes will be on Peyton and where he signs and how well he plays all season.

He'll go double digit money. 12-14 million.

Adam Schefter saying that Peyton doesn't want to play in the NFC and specifically the NFC East because he doesn't want to take from Eli's SB chances. No Arizona, Seattle, etc.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
michiganmania said:

He'll go double digit money. 12-14 million.

Didn't a 40 year old Favre get $20 mil?

Im already sick of hearing Mannings name...it's the Favre watch all over again :-/

SLICK said:
Im already sick of hearing Mannings name...it's the Favre watch all over again :-/

The real story is Brett Favre's take on Peyton Manning going to Denver to replace Tim Tebow. Skip Bayless' head just exploded like the guy in "Screamers".

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Adam Schefter saying that Peyton doesn't want to play in the NFC and specifically the NFC East because he doesn't want to take from Eli's SB chances. No Arizona, Seattle, etc.

I was talking about this the other day. I was not thinking about limiting Eli's SB chances but wondering who has Indy on their schedule in the AFC that would want him... I think Peyton is going to want to smash Irsay in a game this year and would like to do it in Indy if possible! Haha

Back