Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

PFF Review Week 7

I though the conversation that was started was had he improved? Whether you classify him as a WR or TE or freakin' CB he has. Pretty obvious too. Now what Brewer brought up about is it enough at pick 10, that's another question entirely. Harder to answer.. We complain about so much around here it's nice to see someone put up better numbers.

Edit: Even if it's improvement over a weak year 1.

Last edited:
I though the conversation that was started was had he improved? Whether you classify him as a WR or TE or freakin' CB he has. Pretty obvious too. Now what Brewer brought up about is it enough at pick 10, that's another question entirely. Harder to answer.. We complain about so much around here it's nice to see someone put up better numbers.

Right choice at the time. Filled a need. And improving with pretty good numbers through 5 games. But we still got 2.5 more years

Last edited:
he has put up better stats which is great to see. But his shitty blocking could have an impact on the lack of running game and pass protection in blitzing situations. It is hard to say if he is having a positive impact or not. Maybe a middle of the road TE that can catch and block would be better for the overall production of the offense?

This is exhausting.

Ebron's the man. Great pick. Love him, fixing needs, improving all the time, going to be the next best thing. Loves that he's humble and doesn't put his foot in his mouth. Great blocker.

This is exhausting.

Ebron's the man. Great pick. Love him, fixing needs, improving all the time, going to be the next best thing. Loves that he's humble and doesn't put his foot in his mouth. Great blocker.

As long as he gets 80 and a TD. I don't care how he blocks. I just want Pettigrew healthy for that.

As long as he gets 80 and a TD. I don't care how he blocks. I just want Pettigrew healthy for that.

And you wonder why we are so predictable. Have one dimensional players.

Hey it's Bell and Pettigrew..I wonder if they will run.
Oh here comes MUN and Theo, I wonder what they are going to do..the suspense is killing me.

A receiving TE is not a need on any team. It's a luxury. This team had so many more holes, which are even more obvious. The pick was wrong, and continues to be wrong seeing the others crumble around him.

I didn't and still don't like the pick, but eh, however, if you are implementing a playbook that relies heavily on a pass catching TE, doesn't that become a need and not a luxury, especially when you don't have one?
I was also under the understanding it was 100% understood he was not going to be a blocking TE or asked to attempt to block very much, therefore, everyone saying, but he can't block, doesn't mean squat since he was never going to anyway.
That is just what I gathered from the pick, if i'm wrong then i'm wrong.

here is the problem with that. When the Lions bring Ebron in the defense knows it is going to be a pass play and they know he isn't going to be able to pick up the blitz or be effective at helping on the edge.

here is the problem with that. When the Lions bring Ebron in the defense knows it is going to be a pass play and they know he isn't going to be able to pick up the blitz or be effective at helping on the edge.

There are many many TE's who can't block. Vernon Davis for example. Horrible blocker. I don't even think he tries any more.

But as far your question, does that mean the defense knows we'll pass when Calvin's out there? Just because Ebron is out there doesn't mean it's an auto pass.

Two TE sets.

And 3rd and 9 is typically pass. Though that 3rd and 13 was a run to fool em

There are many many TE's who can't block. Vernon Davis for example. Horrible blocker. I don't even think he tries any more.

But as far your question, does that mean the defense knows we'll pass when Calvin's out there? Just because Ebron is out there doesn't mean it's an auto pass.

Agreed. Also, though he is by no means a great blocker......having him out there exclusively on passing downs is on the OC......not the player. There are a number of ways you can use a subpar blocking TE in the running game that we just flat didn't do. We had what may have been the most predictable offense in the league in quite some time.

Okay, pretending like you understand what you are talking about, ready??

As a WR, WR, WR, WR... WR WR WR. Got it? Are you there, ready?

He is 72nd in yards. He's had a giant pass on a completely blown coverage that is skewing his yardage massively. Look at some of the guys above him who are doing just as well.
Leonard Hankerson- 5th round.
Delanie Walker- 6th round.
Jamison Crowder- 4th round. ROOKIE OMG OMG.

I just picked a few random guys that are doing just as well, if not better. With what Ebron gives you and the criteria you have given me in your shitty warped argument, he's a flop.

Go tell the fan base and the GMs, "Hey, take Ebron. He's going to have 248 yards in his 1st year, and be basically average in his 2nd. Can't block, but we'll label him a TE/WR/something." You think that's a good sell?

Okay, he's better than his HORRIFIC first year. How fucking hard is that?? I'm tired of fans having to pat people on the back for doing well. Feels like we are in 4th grade and the teacher gives you a high five for some shitty macaroni project.

The guy is better, happy? Does that make you feel better?

Bahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....are you kidding me?! You want him to be #1 in every category or he's a bust, you dumb motherfucker?? All i said is that he's getting better and you give me stats on 4th, 5th rders?! You're obviously a fucking retard that has no clue right? Comparing players where they're drafted is beyond stupid. Different offenses, different schemes, different OC's, different players and different situations. I don't give a fuck what a guy like Crowder or a Walker are doing compared to Ebron. Ebron is a Lion and he has shown improvement in his game. He's progressing and he has shown in throughout the summer until now. All i care is that he's gotten better and he has.

You're dismissed!!!

Last edited:
Ebron is in on many run plays. Not only passing downs. Am i in the fucking Twilight Zone or what? Lol

Oh gotcha. Here's what I saw from this post:

"excuse, excuse, schemes, coaches, blah blah blah." He's progressing. We treat him like he's some 6th round project.

He was a joke year 1, and now he's an average WR. Wow. Great draft pick.

This is exhausting.

You're right......

Ebron is shit. Terrible pick. Hate him, never needed him because we were loaded at the TE position, hasn't improved in the slightest, never going to amount to anything. Wish he would just keep his mouth shut and recognize that he doesn't need to be the center of attention. Horrible blocker.

See? Pretty damn easy

We even kept ebron in on pass plays lmao. Granted 3 guys blitzed over him and stafford got killed. ...but hey. ...top 10 picks don't need to block.

You're right......

Ebron is shit. Terrible pick. Hate him, never needed him because we were loaded at the TE position, hasn't improved in the slightest, never going to amount to anything. Wish he would just keep his mouth shut and recognize that he doesn't need to be the center of attention. Horrible blocker.

See? Pretty damn easy

Hes improved from shit to average. Yay. Atleast he's somewhat productive this year which is a good start. ...Esp since tate sucks ass this year.

Oh gotcha. Here's what I saw from this post:

"excuse, excuse, schemes, coaches, blah blah blah." He's progressing. We treat him like he's some 6th round project.

He was a joke year 1, and now he's an average WR. Wow. Great draft pick.

That's what you got from my post? How? Why do you compare him to other players and where they're drafted? Nobody cares about draft position besides you. This is the NFL....players are bigger and stronger than ever before. You can't compare what a guy does on another team.....its different situations!!! Do you even get that??

He wasn't a joke last year. He was a rookie TE that struggled. Just like every other good/great TE did in their rookie year.
You don't have to like the pick. Hell, i didn't like it but i have seen the improvement. Numbers dont lie, but you...you're fixated on his blocking? This quite possibly makes you the dumbest poster in here and that's a title that i thought would never be given away. Holy fuck!

That's what you got from my post? How? Why do you compare him to other players and where they're drafted? Nobody cares about draft position besides you. This is the NFL....players are bigger and stronger than ever before. You can't compare what a guy does on another team.....its different situations!!! Do you even get that??

He wasn't a joke last year. He was a rookie TE that struggled. Just like every other good/great TE did in their rookie year.
You don't have to like the pick. Hell, i didn't like it but i have seen the improvement. Numbers dont lie, but you...you're fixated on his blocking? This quite possibly makes you the dumbest poster in here and that's a title that i thought would never be given away. Holy fuck!

Being a rookie has nothing to do with not be able to catch passes at the alarming rate he was dropping them....that's an excuse and nothing more.

Back