Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Real World Consequences

... or the obvious and indisputable effects of burning fossil fuels and releasing millions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere every year

... or the obvious and indisputable effects of burning fossil fuels and releasing millions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere every year

One of the gods of the thousands of religions out there is going to fix it, don't worry.

Do you drive a Tesla or Prius?

Because I think I get where you were going with that...I read this article today:

Americans demand climate action (as long as it doesn't cost much): Reuters poll

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Nearly 70 percent of Americans, including a majority of Republicans, want the United States to take ?aggressive? action to combat climate change - but only a third would support an extra tax of $100 a year to help, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released Wednesday.

Americans generally support Democratic calls for urgent action on climate change, according to the poll of more than 3,000 people conducted between June 11 and 14. A majority believe the United States should transition to 100% clean energy within a decade, and that clean energy would on balance ?create new jobs and growth? instead of ?hurt jobs and the economy?.

But the plans quickly lose support when voters sense they come with a personal price tag, such paying extra taxes, higher power bills, or trading in their current vehicle for an electrical one, the poll showed.

Sorry to hijack your thread jwlcosu, I know you said that wasn't what the thread is about but it seemed relevant after the fact.

I drive a 2003 VW TDI. My son put an authentic VW "Hybrid" badge right under the "TDI" badge, so now I drive a Diesel-Hybrid.

Back