Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings 5 Maple Leafs 4 Final ot.

Because they had no talent. This is not NFL or NBA, you don't draft guys and have them on the pro team right away. There's no quick build in the NHL. And who was coming to Detroit at that point.. via FA. They were terrible.
Right away, fine. But he had SIX 2nd rd picks in his first 2 drafts and not ONE of them have sniffed the nhl. 38 2nd rd skaters have made the nhl in those 2 drafts. I don't care what he did in tampa. He hasn't done shit in Detroit as a gm.

To be fair they were way out of the playoffs looking in. Those are facts. You don't go from 39 points to playoffs in 3 seasons. There is a reason he is considered one of the best GM's there are, also fact. Just look at the new players this season and the points they've gotten.. Incrediable amount. Another fact.

I can't even believe this is a conversation.

The coach should go well before Stevie.

I can't even believe this is a conversation.

The coach should go well before Stevie.
Not calling for Stevie to be let go. I'm just saying that he hasnt done anything since coming back to detroit to deserve all the praise he's gotten.

Not calling for Stevie to be let go. I'm just saying that he hasnt done anything since coming back to detroit to deserve all the praise he's gotten.

On paper he has drafted pretty well.

He nailed the Raymond and Seider picks. Edvinnson looks like a top 4 D. Cossa looks promising

Etc

He made trades to get all those 2nd rounders and I'm not sure any of those 6 in his first 2 drafts will ever get nhl ice time. That's a huge miss imo. Exactly the reason when a guy like Larkin goes down the team goes in the tank. Zero depth

He made trades to get all those 2nd rounders and I'm not sure any of those 6 in his first 2 drafts will ever get nhl ice time. That's a huge miss imo. Exactly the reason when a guy like Larkin goes down the team goes in the tank. Zero depth
0 depth? You must be looking at a different team. It's like if Connor McDavid went down.. And no not comparing just that best player on 1 team vs best player on another. It does have an effect.. Taking number one out and replacing with your 24th-25th best player. Like replacing Calvin Johnson with a practice squad player.. 2020 draft only a handful of those 2nd round picks have even done a thing in the NHL..

0 depth? You must be looking at a different team. It's like if Connor McDavid went down.. And no not comparing just that best player on 1 team vs best player on another. It does have an effect.. Taking number one out and replacing with your 24th-25th best player. Like replacing Calvin Johnson with a practice squad player.. 2020 draft only a handful of those 2nd round picks have even done a thing in the NHL..
I stopped reading after you compared Larkin to a 3 time hart winner lol

I stopped reading after you compared Larkin to a 3 time hart winner lol
You don't read do you.. I said I wasn't comparing them.. But missing one is very similar maybe easier for Edmonton because they have another SS. Its like missing youur starting QB in the NFL, doesn't matter who they are Brady or Goff, still get the backup. Btw, you didn't really stop reading did you.

Last edited:
You don't read do you.. I said I wasn't comparing them.. But missing one is very similar maybe easier for Edmonton because they have another SS. Its like missing youur starting QB in the NFL, doesn't matter who they are Brady or Goff, still get the backup. Btw, you didn't really stop reading did you.
Suggesting at any level losing McDavid and Larkin would be similar is asinine. Larkin wouldn't he a #1 on most teams.

In not a hockey expert but I've not found that to be the case except for obvious slam dunks like Connor or Crosby or Matthew's or something.
Right, but neither of those guys are all stars. Finding solid players with top 6 picks doesn't make gm's legends.

Back