Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

RIP Sweet Pea Whitaker

It is too bad.

If his trainers had converted him to fight orthodox, he would?ve won a championship.
\

Whitaker, who was elected into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2006, won world titles in four weight classes. He was the undisputed lightweight world champion and also won titles at junior welterweight, welterweight and junior middleweight as one of the dominant forces in boxing for much of the 1980s and 1990s. He won a gold medal at the 1984 Olympics.

ok ??

\

Whitaker, who was elected into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2006, won world titles in four weight classes. He was the undisputed lightweight world champion and also won titles at junior welterweight, welterweight and junior middleweight as one of the dominant forces in boxing for much of the 1980s and 1990s. He won a gold medal at the 1984 Olympics.

ok ??

If he had gotten turned around and fought orthodox, he could?ve gotten fat and lazy, and he still would?ve had the skills to win the heavyweight championship of the world.

Ever since he got robbed in the Chavez fight, I could never root for Chavez or his son. Judges ruined those fighters for me, fair or not.

If he had gotten turned around and fought orthodox, he could?ve gotten fat and lazy, and he still would?ve had the skills to win the heavyweight championship of the world.

lol you mean like you , not everyone is a waste of space . He didnt get fat and lazy and won many championships at different weight classes . Still have no idea what youre talking about , keep the beers going buddy !!

Ever since he got robbed in the Chavez fight, I could never root for Chavez or his son. Judges ruined those fighters for me, fair or not.

Calling that fight a draw might be the biggest crock of bullshit in the history of Boxing . And one can argue he beat DeLa Hoya too

Calling that fight a draw might be the biggest crock of bullshit in the history of Boxing . And one can argue he beat DeLa Hoya too

I don't remember by how much but he outlanded De La Hoya and had the only knockdown of the fight. Judges some how scored it in Oscar's favor heavily anyways...then Bob Arum refused to let a rematch happen because he was scared his golden goose might not get shitty judges again.

lol you mean like you , not everyone is a waste of space . He didnt get fat and lazy and won many championships at different weight classes . Still have no idea what youre talking about , keep the beers going buddy !!

Yeah well, as great as a defensive fighter as he was, he wasn?t even defensively good enough to keep out of the way of that car to save his own life.

Hey yo! I?m keeping them beers coming buddy!

I don't remember by how much but he outlanded De La Hoya and had the only knockdown of the fight. Judges some how scored it in Oscar's favor heavily anyways...then Bob Arum refused to let a rematch happen because he was scared his golden goose might not get shitty judges again.

Exactly , i was a fan of De La Hoya too but that was a travesty . Bob Arum was/is one of the worst people to ever be involved in boxing

Back