Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Robinson and the Heisman

redandguilty

Does anyone think DR has a significant chance? I personally don't. If things go well for the team, DR's scrambling skills won't see much action and he probably won't be asked to run any more than needed to keep the opposing D worried about it.

No, not really. I hate the Hypeman and what it has become. Clearly DRob is one of the "most exciting" players in the game, certainly one of the fastest and a great, great kid.

But I would put my money on blonde haired, blue-eyed, no defense Pac-12 playing Barkley to win YET another Hypeman for SC (that the NCAA can take back in a few years)

I hate to say it (because I love DRob), but I agree with Vic on this one. In my mind he will go down as one of the greatest Michigan men I have ever had the pleasure to watch, but just based on the kind of hype needed to win one, he probably won't get enough consideration.

I don't think hype is an issue for him as he has been over-hyped every year after OOC play. For him to win he has to be phenomenal against Bama, so we will know soon enough. After that, to stay in contention he has to do better than previous years in B1G play. Those are tall orders. If he can do it, he deserves a trip to NY...too many variables to say he wins it, but hype would never be the problem.

Yes he has a chance. If he's running for 100 yards a game, throwing for 150 and scoring tds while not turning it over...I don't think thats how it will go but it's not like he isn't capable.

I think he could easily be in the Final 5 for the long, drawn out snoozefest that is the Heisman presentation come December. But ESPNsucks will push Barkley and with Mathieu gone, they'll have to come up with some other SEC candidate.

I don't think it happens. If he puts up huge numbers early in the season, that means he's doing too much with his body* and will likely suffer a decline in production as injuries and wear-and-tear take their toll.

*this presumes he doesn't become a much better passer and puts up Cam Newton like numbers through the air to compensate for fewer yards on the ground.

3,000 yards 28Tds 8Ints passing. 1,000 15Tds running. 1 Wr Td.

10-2 record. Rose bowl win. And heisman winner!

No, not really. I hate the Hypeman and what it has become. Clearly DRob is one of the "most exciting" players in the game, certainly one of the fastest and a great, great kid.

But I would put my money on blonde haired, blue-eyed, no defense Pac-12 playing Barkley to win YET another Hypeman for SC (that the NCAA can take back in a few years)

agree with the victors

focus of heisman has changed over past 20 years

also knowing how likely we are to have a 0 to 1 loss season, i tend to doubt it

he is no quesiton key to our team,, a good guy, etc... but the hype is going to set him and fans up

okay, I assume you mean definition one, and not two, as in they are all so involved in love-making that they are oblivious to everything going on around them.

that would be wack

okay, I assume you mean definition one, and not two, as in they are all so involved in love-making that they are oblivious to everything going on around them.

that would be wack

Straight.

I've never heard the term used in the context of definition 2. Maybe that's location specific to somewhere, and not the universally understood meaning of the idiom.

It generally hurts your candidacy when your team has two candidates, like Michigan does with DRob and JKova.

Forgetting about Robinson for a minute, does anyone not think there's a chance barkley has a down year and regrets not leaving? Just wondering since everyone seems to be set on him winning it.

Forgetting about Robinson for a minute, does anyone not think there's a chance barkley has a down year and regrets not leaving? Just wondering since everyone seems to be set on him winning it.

If that happens it won't matter much.

His family is caked up.

Back