Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rothstein's prediction -- ESPN

WORST-KEPT SECRET

If the Lions lose either of their starters at cornerback, it could be a long season -- and it might be anyway. Rashean Mathis is 34 years old, and while he has been healthy for a good chunk of his career, players often start declining in their mid-30s. Darius Slay is in his second season and had an inconsistent rookie year. Behind them are a bunch of players who either were cut from other teams or have been unable to distinguish themselves. In a division with receivers such as Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb and Greg Jennings, there are plenty of tough matchups anyway. If the Lions are without one of their top two corners, it will become nearly impossible for Detroit to stop teams from throwing the ball.

Slay in year 2. Great size and speed and fits the system. Major improvement from last year.
I don't know why everyone and their mother is expecting Mathis to decline after a good 2013. Ooo 34 yeards old. Give me a break. Bunch of know nothing chumps in the media. Rothstein clearly never played a down of football in his life.

All he said
"players often start declining in their mid-30s"

Which I am sure is true in most cases... Hopefully it will not but
his wheels are not getting any younger...

WORST-KEPT SECRET

If the Lions lose either of their starters at cornerback, it could be a long season -- and it might be anyway. Rashean Mathis is 34 years old, and while he has been healthy for a good chunk of his career, players often start declining in their mid-30s. Darius Slay is in his second season and had an inconsistent rookie year. Behind them are a bunch of players who either were cut from other teams or have been unable to distinguish themselves. In a division with receivers such as Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb and Greg Jennings, there are plenty of tough matchups anyway. If the Lions are without one of their top two corners, it will become nearly impossible for Detroit to stop teams from throwing the ball.

Dood no worries...we have Richard Sherman on our bench.

with the questions at receiver?????

I think this is the first year where i am not too worried about the receivers

WORST-KEPT SECRET

Problem is compounded... they would not start on 95% of the current NFL rosters. This team is not very good.

Slay aint done shit and wont.

Last edited:
Slay in year 2. Great size and speed and fits the system. Major improvement from last year.
I don't know why everyone and their mother is expecting Mathis to decline after a good 2013. Ooo 34 yeards old. Give me a break. Bunch of know nothing chumps in the media. Rothstein clearly never played a down of football in his life.

He also says any injuries and completely screwed no depth and he's right.... Another craptastic season coming up!

This team is going to have to win 41-38 scoreline, because the secondary is going to be toast.

Last edited:
Problem is compounded... they would not start on 95% of the current NFL rosters. This team is not very good.

Slay aint done shit and wont.

Slay "won't" do shit??? You're a fn wizard with a crystal ball i guess??? lmao.

Slay "won't" do shit??? You're a fn wizard with a crystal ball i guess??? lmao.

Yea you tell him. How dare someone try and make a prediction when it comes to sports, I've never seen that before.

Fucking wizard. Good to know you will never make a prediction.

Rating the Lions at 8-8 is about as lazy as it gets. And a Stafford injury will hurt the team? Thanks for the bulletin.

You look lost in your assessment. Slay looks good.
Im not the only one who sees it. NFL radio does too
Athletically gifted but intelligence questionable
Maybe new scheme will help

Last edited:
Im not the only one who sees it. NFL radio does too

LOL. Pat Kirwan and those jokers. Tell him his 1-15 Jets were a joke.

Slay has been doing well. Good press and sticking with his guy.

Not just him.

It's the media. They have no clue. They all think the Lions secondary stunk last year when they didn't.

They don't know what plays are called. Slay is sticking with his guy very well. It's on tape and a fact.

With the new clamp down on defensive holding or touching, we'll find out who can cover and who can't. Pretty quickly.

Back