Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Russell Okung

Your arguing with a guy who always has opinions on who we should take in the draft and has been stated BY himself that he DOESN'T even watch college football. IDK how you can have any opinion on who to draft when you know nothing about the players in the draft.... Mitch should just stick with the baseball talk...

to be fair, you don't have to watch college football to have an opinion on who you want the Lions to draft. If you know what the Lions need, read about the college players, you can develop an opinion on who you think they should draft. I mean really...just because you like college football doesn't mean you know who will make a good NFL LT.

Last edited:
to be fair, you don't have to watch college football to have an opinion on who you want the Lions to draft. If you know what the Lions need, read about the college players, you can develop an opinion on who you think they should draft. I mean really...just because you like college football doesn't mean you know who will make a good NFL LT.

i deleted said comment i realize i went overboard ;) All this Stafford hate just getting to me.

Last edited:

O and i get what you are saying but reading articles and watching youtube highlights and listening to mayock and kipers opinions on players only goes so far bruh. Watching actual games where players preform under pressure will tell you a lot more about a player IMO

O and i get what you are saying but reading articles and watching youtube highlights and listening to mayock and kipers opinions on players only goes so far bruh. Watching actual games where players preform under pressure will tell you a lot more about a player IMO

but who actually does that and if they do, do they really know what they are looking for?

Look at the projected #1 pick...that LT out of MS. How much have you seen him play and if so, how much have you analyzed his performance? My guess is little to none. And even if you or I have...I trust the professionals that watch hours of game tape...especially when talking about an offensive lineman.

That's just me though.

Because the experts are proven to be 100% accurate year after year now right? lol... I'm not saying I've seen every college football game ever. But i do have game day and do watch the top prospects games very often through the year just to watch certain players... I've watched a decent amount of Ole Miss games the past couple years and also watched him break his leg in the bowl game. I know I can't watch and analyze EVERY players game but I do my best watching the top guys and players that I like personally. The draft is my favorite part of the NFL, probably thanks to the Lions being terrible year in and year out...

Last edited:
So when stafford sucks we:

Blame lack of run game. Get a complementary run game so we

Blame lack of weapons. Get moar weapons so we

Blame the oline. Add reiff, warford, tomlinson and have the chance to add okung....but we're worried about money? Really?

We get okung and stafford still sucks....wait....this sounds familiar....

You belong in an insane asylum if you're ok with Okung being paid 12-13MIL a year.

Visiting the Broncos today. Lions, Giants, and Seahawks all still in the running.

A lunatic with a Super Bowl ring. Fuck me running if I'm gonna talk shit about who he signs this year even if I disagree.

I don't care if he's crowned the King of England. 12 MIL a year for a bandaid is a horrible signing

Oh well. Great news for Denver. Not so great for Detroit. Elway knows how to put together a team. This is why organizations like that stay successful. Oline in the draft and pray they don't have a Tomlinson rookie year, I guess.

Oh well. Great news for Denver. Not so great for Detroit. Elway knows how to put together a team. This is why organizations like that stay successful. Oline in the draft and pray they don't have a Tomlinson rookie year, I guess.

Yep. Signing a guy that NEVER played 16 games in a season and trading for a joke of a QB in Mark Sanchez is beyond brilliant. Who woulda thunk it?!?!

Who cares when you got a killer defense though.....right? Right? RIGHT?!

Last edited:
Deal worth 8MIL for one year and then a 4 yr option. Better than 12 a year. Elway will cut this guy after he plays 11 games. So not as crazy as i thought lol.

Deal worth 8MIL for one year and then a 4 yr option. Better than 12 a year. Elway will cut this guy after he plays 11 games. So not as crazy as i thought lol.

8 a year is about the MAX I would pay Okung. Certainly not terrible contract. Basically a 1 year "prove it" deal.

Denver got a good deal $5 mil first year with incentives goes to $8..then an option of 4yrs at $48mil

Back