Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

San Francisco vs Kansas City Super Bowl LVIII

This isn't about the amount of damage he did or did not do to Reid's physical person. It's about the rage and disrespect he exhibited to his coach, of which other players in the league would have been benched or kicked off the team. And given the disciplinary measures that the league exacts on players for far less serious offenses, Kelce's inexcusable assault on Reid is "laughed off" in the "Zeitgeist" we are all supposed to embrace. Imagine Marv Fleming doing that to Lombardi, or Ditka to Landry, or Mandich to Shula ... The important difference is that it never would have entered their minds.

This isn't about the amount of damage he did or did not do to Reid's physical person. It's about the rage and disrespect he exhibited to his coach, of which other players in the league would have been benched or kicked off the team. And given the disciplinary measures that the league exacts on players for far less serious offenses, Kelce's inexcusable assault on Reid is "laughed off" in the "Zeitgeist" we are all supposed to embrace. Imagine Marv Fleming doing that to Lombardi, or Ditka to Landry, or Mandich to Shula ... The important difference is that it never would have entered their minds.

I agree that it was very disrespectful. But IMO, that's an internal thing between the coach and his player. If the coach doesn't do anything about it, that's on him.

Unacceptable comes to mind. The NFL fines players for wearing their socks wrong. If I were Roger Goodell, I would forfeit Kelce's Super Bowl share and donate it to charity and suspend him for half of the 2025 season.
But Goodell is no more a man than is Kelce, so he will do nothing. And that Reid laughed off the incident is inconsequential to what Kelce did.

I went and watched the whole clip. Kelce strikes me as an overgrown toddler... like he gets mad and his first impulse is to go hit daddy for taking away his shiny thing.

After the game when Kelce was screaming like a moron up on the podium, it occurred to me he might've been on something the whole game. He seemed roided out of his mind.

I know it's the Super Bowl and all... but he's a grown man. Even Rob Gronkowski conducted himself with more gravitas in the moment.

I agree that it was very disrespectful. But IMO, that's an internal thing between the coach and his player. If the coach doesn't do anything about it, that's on him.

This was conducted in the presence of millions of people. Nothing internal about it. If Goodell had any sand he would intervene and punish Kelce for this. He has the authority.

I went and watched the whole clip. Kelce strikes me as an overgrown toddler... like he gets mad and his first impulse is to go hit daddy for taking away his shiny thing.

After the game when Kelce was screaming like a moron up on the podium, it occurred to me he might've been on something the whole game. He seemed roided out of his mind.

I know it's the Super Bowl and all... but he's a grown man. Even Rob Gronkowski conducted himself with more gravitas in the moment.

The problem is Kelce is not a grown man, which is why he behaves like this.

While we're in "cranky old man" mode (myself included) I don't really understand the appeal of Taylor Swift. Rich girl who's doting parents were willing to upend the entire family situation to create a career for her.

And her overgrown roid raging toddler boyfriend... they're the "All American Couple" that we probably deserve right now. :ugh:

The problem is Kelce is not a grown man, which is why he behaves like this.

yeah, I kinda contradicted myself there.

"in theory" he's a grown man. Legally. Technically.

Looks like he's an Ohioan, and was a Bryan Kelly recruit (not surprising) and product at Cincinnati (he's older than I realize)...

I wonder if Kelly was watching and thinking "That's my boy" last night?

that was a really good game. I didn't fare very well with my bets though :(

I didn't bet but I totally agree. One of the best Super Bowl games I've watched. I was rooting for KC but the fumble off the punt was really, really unlucky for the 9ers.

yeah, I kinda contradicted myself there.

"in theory" he's a grown man. Legally. Technically.

Looks like he's an Ohioan, and was a Bryan Kelly recruit (not surprising) and product at Cincinnati (he's older than I realize)...

I wonder if Kelly was watching and thinking "That's my boy" last night?

At the risk of name dropping, I know his aunt very well, all she said to me once was that "he's in desperate need of our prayers".

At the risk of name dropping, I know his aunt very well, all she said to me once was that "he's in desperate need of our prayers".
Who, BK or TK? I could see both being in desperate need of prayers.

I didn't bet but I totally agree. One of the best Super Bowl games I've watched. I was rooting for KC but the fumble off the punt was really, really unlucky for the 9ers.
It ended up being a good game because it went to OT and had some drama with 3rd and 4th down conversions late, but I didn't think it was a good game, otherwise. It was glorified sandlot football... a lot of broken plays, dumb mistakes, improvisation. I think the Niners were just exhausted late, and couldn't cover any more. that's mostly a credit to Mahomes, who's an athletic freak of nature, not Andy Reid's coaching.

It was a matchup between the two best rosters, but not necessarily the two best teams. I think Baltimore vs. Detroit would've been a better game, and both have better coaches and actually likable stars. Maybe next year.

haha, I figured. As far as I know, BK is the only one of the two who has blood on his hands, but the way I see things going, it's only a matter of time before TK gets arrested for drunkenly beating Taylor Swift, so yeah.

I am not optimistic they'll be together a year from
now, and I've already put way too much thought into this.

It was a matchup between the two best rosters, but not necessarily the two best teams. I think Baltimore vs. Detroit would've been a better game, and both have better coaches and actually likable stars. Maybe next year.

The two best teams lost a few weeks ago???

I think so. Two less-talented but better coached teams lost to the two more talented ones. The Lions choked away a big lead, and the Raven got royally hosed on terrible calls, by a sketchy as hell officiating crew.

a better coached team doesn't turn a 17 point halftime lead into a 10 point deficit (27-0 run). That was due to a failure in coaching. The other game may have been blown by the coaching staff as well. All year long, the Ravens were primarily a running team. Running backs had 6 carries in that game.

Back