Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Should've got Gallardo instead of Pelfrey.

I refer to the Pelfrey deal when people insist "money is not an object to Illitch he will spend any amount of money to win."

I refer to the Pelfrey deal when people insist "money is not an object to Illitch he will spend any amount of money to win."

Money is always a concern to every owner in MLB. Apparently the Dodgers owner didn't want to spend 300 million.

There are probably 100-200 MLB or Minor League starters with better value than Pelfrey. Heck, Dillon Gee was signed to a minor league contract and I would have taken him over Pelfrey.

I would have went with Fulmer over him.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I never understood the hope that Sanchez would stay healthy? The guy has had only three seasons in his career of over 190 innings, and those were in 2010,11,12. Shame we can't move on from AS cause i heard on the radio he is hurt again.

Last edited:
Just not getting Pelfrey would have been a better deal.

GIF-classic-Gandalf-headbanging-Music-nod-satisfied-wild-GIF.gif

I wonder what Pelfrey would have signed for if we hadn't made our offer to him? Avila said this was a scout signing and the numbers guys would hate it, he's openly spinning the roulette wheel on this one

I wonder what Pelfrey would have signed for if we hadn't made our offer to him? Avila said this was a scout signing and the numbers guys would hate it, he's openly spinning the roulette wheel on this one

That is part of the issue. Pelfrey was signed early in Free Agency and at a premium price. There probably was no competition in signing him.

I find it hard to believe guys like Ian Desmond, Pedro Alvarez, Austin Jackson, David Freese and Greg Holland are still unemployed. There is a bargain here someplace.

That is part of the issue. Pelfrey was signed early in Free Agency and at a premium price. There probably was no competition in signing him.

I find it hard to believe guys like Ian Desmond, Pedro Alvarez, Austin Jackson, David Freese and Greg Holland are still unemployed. There is a bargain here someplace.

it happens every year. There are good players that are signed near spring training at a discount rate.

Back