Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sit, stand, kneel, or do whatever you like for the National Anthem

I just don’t care. I have never bought Nike anyway. The campaign may backfire .. it may not . Never liked Nike shoes . To expensive and never fit the way I liked.. Plus I am a Piston fan and never liked Mike lol.

I believe Kaepernick’s protest is valid because the police get away with to say to much. Not sure what is the best way to protest the police because they never listen anyway it seems. But he did and then he let Orange Jesus hyjack the flag protest to Rile up his hypocritical base . No one is disrespecting the flag. It is sad that Trump wants a police state . They are protesting the powers that be that enough is enough and police brutality will not be tolerated but his base can’t stand the fact the minority’s are sticking up for themselves. I would be afraid too if I was a minority. While most if not all police are fantastic there are a percentage that are not. It would be nice if 100% of police would be law abiding . But we all know that is not the case.

Btw Colin is going to get a boatload of money in his Collusion case with the NFL in my opinion.

Last edited:
I just don?t care. I have never bought Nike anyway. The campaign may backfire .. it may not . Never liked Nike shoes . To expensive and never fit the way I liked.. Plus I am a Piston fan and never liked Mike lol.

I believe Kaepernick?s protest is valid because the police get away with to say to much. Not sure what is the best way to protest the police because they never listen anyway it seems. But he did and then he let Orange Jesus hyjack the flag protest to Rile up his hypocritical base . No one is disrespecting the flag. It is sad that Trump wants a police state . They are protesting the powers that be that enough is enough and police brutality will not be tolerated but his base can?t stand the fact the minority?s are sticking up for themselves. I would be afraid too if I was a minority. While most if not all police are fantastic there are a percentage that are not. It would be nice if 100% of police would be law abiding . But we all know that is not the case.

Btw Colin is going to get a boatload of money in his Collusion case with the NFL in my opinion.

Sounds like a well guy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ck-donated-25K-group-honoring-cop-killer.html

Killing by any side is just flat out wrong. Two wrongs do not make a right. It Probably not a good idea to give money to cop killers if his group did so. That doesn't mean his original message of a overzealous police force is not wrong. Stand, Sit or Kneel. I do not care it is everyone right to protest any way you want in America. Seems like that is what democracy is no ?

Last edited:
Killing by any side is just flat out wrong. Two wrongs do not make a right. It Probably not a good idea to give money to cop killers if his group did so. That doesn't mean his original message of a overzealous police force is not wrong. Stand, Sit or Kneel. I do not care it is everyone right to protest any way you want in America. Seems like that is what democracy is no ?

I dunno, most the police shootings that have body camera footage shows they are justified.

Which is the primary reason why BLM types are against police wearing body cams, because it provides evidence BLM types are stunningly full of shit.

I dunno, most the police shootings that have body camera footage shows they are justified.

Which is the primary reason why BLM types are against police wearing body cams, because it provides evidence BLM types are stunningly full of shit.

I have never heard anyone against body cams. They are a good idea, and maybe we can weed out the small percentage of law enforcement officers who are not fit to hold a badge. I remember the video Rodney King which was not a body cam, and the officers were tried and acquitted. It seems very hard to convict any policeman for shooting anyone, and or beating anyone. The more camera's the better i say. seems like a good idea and it would protect everyone.

Last edited:
Just looked it up, apparently, 2 officers were convicted in a federal trial for the Rodney King beating.

2 others were acquitted.

Every pro BLM I've ever met would put a body cam on every cop possible if they could. I've never heard that take before, ever. Which is funny because...

Most cops I know share this sediment. Both of my uncles (Ferndale and Canton) think the only thing stopping it from happening everywhere is money and that some cops feel it's an invasion of privacy, regardless of whether the behavior it captures if good or bad.

Just looked it up, apparently, 2 officers were convicted in a federal trial for the Rodney King beating.

2 others were acquitted.

They were all acqitted in state court for the state crimes of excessive force related to the beatings. that lead to the '92 riots.

the state trial was conducted in nearby, mostly white Simi Valley, after the defense argued they wouldn't get a fair trial in LA.

two of the 4 were later convicted in federal court of violating King's civil rights.

They were all acqitted in state court for the state crimes of excessive force related to the beatings. that lead to the '92 riots.

the state trial was conducted in nearby, mostly white Simi Valley, after the defense argued they wouldn't get a fair trial in LA.

two of the 4 were later convicted in federal court of violating King's civil rights.

oh yea...this riot.

I forgot about this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4KKPJVRM0U

Last edited:
Yeah, riots are bad.

Police brutality is bad.

read a study recently about how use of excessive force spreads almost like a disease in police departments. a couple bad apples corrupt others. it's really on the dept leadership to weed those guys out or (if it's even possible) train them better, but they don't take a stand.

Inspired by CK

Attachments

• IMG9508561001.jpg
    IMG9508561001.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 17

I assume you meant to say "That doesn't mean his original message of an overzealous police force is wrong."

But then twice you seem to say that it is...

I just don?t care. I have never bought Nike anyway. The campaign may backfire .. it may not . Never liked Nike shoes . To expensive and never fit the way I liked.. Plus I am a Piston fan and never liked Mike lol.

I believe Kaepernick?s protest is valid because the police get away with to say to much. Not sure what is the best way to protest the police because they never listen anyway it seems. But he did and then he let Orange Jesus hyjack the flag protest to Rile up his hypocritical base . No one is disrespecting the flag. It is sad that Trump wants a police state . They are protesting the powers that be that enough is enough and police brutality will not be tolerated but his base can?t stand the fact the minority?s are sticking up for themselves. I would be afraid too if I was a minority. While most if not all police are fantastic there are a percentage that are not. It would be nice if 100% of police would be law abiding . But we all know that is not the case.

I have never heard anyone against body cams. They are a good idea, and maybe we can weed out the small percentage of law enforcement officers who are not fit to hold a badge. I remember the video Rodney King which was not a body cam, and the officers were tried and acquitted. It seems very hard to convict any policeman for shooting anyone, and or beating anyone. The more camera's the better i say. seems like a good idea and it would protect everyone.

seems to indicate we're talking about a minority of bad apples, not an overzealous police force.

seems to indicate we're talking about a minority of bad apples, not an overzealous police force.

More clarification:

"To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

I don't know everything he's said on the topic, but when this started, this is what he said about it. I would describe this as a statement about a lack of repercussions for the bad apples.

I assume you meant to say "That doesn't mean his original message of an overzealous police force is wrong."

But then twice you seem to say that it is...

As you know there are a few bad officers that are giving law enforcement a bad name. What do you want me to say? There is a segment of the population that are afraid of police men, and the judicial system. They feel they do not get a fair shake from them. Weather it is justified or not I am all for body cams to help everyone. The more information to protect everyone the better .

You can't just say it's a few bad apples when the rest of the police force, the DAs, and local governments cover up for the bad apples. Also the police unions (the only unions the GOP never has a problem with).

Not that every cop would go and shoot an unarmed 15 year old for refusing to get on the sidewalk, or choke a guy to death for selling cigarettes on the corner, but the rest of them stand there and watch, and stay quiet instead of speaking up.

I have a hard time criticising them for that, since the bad apples are really bad (look what happened to Frank Serpico) and will do anything possible to stay out of trouble, but it's clearly a societal problem. and it's not just minorities who've gotten killed by rogue cops either, but enough whites feel priviliged enough to ignore those examples as aberrations that couldn't happen to them.

You can't just say it's a few bad apples when the rest of the police force, the DAs, and local governments cover up for the bad apples. Also the police unions (the only unions the GOP never has a problem with).

Not that every cop would go and shoot an unarmed 15 year old for refusing to get on the sidewalk, or choke a guy to death for selling cigarettes on the corner, but the rest of them stand there and watch, and stay quiet instead of speaking up.

I have a hard time criticising them for that, since the bad apples are really bad (look what happened to Frank Serpico) and will do anything possible to stay out of trouble, but it's clearly a societal problem. and it's not just minorities who've gotten killed by rogue cops either, but enough whites feel priviliged enough to ignore those examples as aberrations that couldn't happen to them.

I agree but there is a segment of this population do not believe this.

As you know there are a few bad officers that are giving law enforcement a bad name. What do you want me to say? There is a segment of the population that are afraid of police men, and the judicial system. They feel they do not get a fair shake from them. Weather it is justified or not I am all for body cams to help everyone. The more information to protect everyone the better .

I know bad cops exist. I don't think systemic racism or police brutality is a pervasive problem facing disadvantaged and minority communities. Facts and feelings aren't the same thing. I think that those bad apples need to be weeded out but those communities need more, not less policing.

I'm completely on board with body cams, I don't see how there's a "justified or not" argument - as sgg said, the issue seems to be mostly around funding.

I heard about a study where someone made a video game that required quickly shooting the right person where bunches of people were holding different objects. When people made mistakes and shot people not pointing a gun at them, they tended to shoot black people. Police, even police shown to have implicit bias in the word matching test, performed much better than the general population. The difference is attributed to training. However, if you test officers when they are tired, they revert to the same mistakes the general population makes.

So part of the problem is budgeting and overworking police. It shouldn't surprise anyone to discover that someone with the proper training will revert to their lizard brain under the right stress.

I heard about a study where someone made a video game that required quickly shooting the right person where bunches of people were holding different objects. When people made mistakes and shot people not pointing a gun at them, they tended to shoot black people. Police, even police shown to have implicit bias in the word matching test, performed much better than the general population. The difference is attributed to training. However, if you test officers when they are tired, they revert to the same mistakes the general population makes.

So part of the problem is budgeting and overworking police. It shouldn't surprise anyone to discover that someone with the proper training will revert to their lizard brain under the right stress.

It wasn't a study...it was from a movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3hAVT2sDqQ

Back