Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sit, stand, kneel, or do whatever you like for the National Anthem

I won't argue with you about the cop socks. But the vast majority of it has been silent protest. The dude's been pretty damn quiet.

That's a horrible comparison. No one is better than those guys.

What comparison? That's my precise point. That's how good he has to be for the owners to "deal with it." Maybe it's not clear that I think he should be on a roster, too.

I forgot, the Conservative PC Police have a rule that something or someone can be considered racist ONLY IF they are in the act of killing or attempting to kill a member of a different race WHILE openly stating they are acting that way solely because of racial enmity.

and even then, before and after the action occurs, they are not racist, and it's not fair to say that. Quit whining about it!

Hitler? he's not currently killing Jews, is he? NOT RACIST!

Robert E Lee merely describing African Americans as lazy, justifying physical punishment of them, and hoping Virginia would expel any free blacks so they wouldn't receive the same political rights as whites? He didn't personally try to kill any blacks, did he??? NOT RACIST!

the pro-Klan protestors in Chancellorsville? Hey they aren't CURRENTLY trying to murder any African Americans... NOT RACIST!

Government policies that "just happen" to screw over mostly African Americans, Hispanic immigrants, Muslims... NOT RACIST! Hey if they didn't want to be screwed over, maybe they shouldn't all have been lazy, broken arbitrary immigration laws, or supported terrorism... and it's NOT RACIST to say that... because it's TRUE!!!

So you believe that NFL owners who are reluctant to sign Kaepernick are racists? Actual racists?

You completely miss the point. He couldn't hack it as an NFL QB despite being given the chance in Denver, NY and NE. He could certainly have been a back up or gone to Jacksonville instead of NYJ where he would have been adored and treated like the prodigal son coming home. Lucky for Elway that PFM was available at the time because it gave him a perfect out, but Tebow as back up on a team would have had all his "fans" crying for him to start and that's again, a distraction.

Never mind his brother Robbie.

Sounds like i didn't miss the point at all. Tebow was not cut because he was a distraction, or would be a distraction as a backup, that's nonsense. Maybe Tebow got more shots than his play would otherwise merit because he wasn't an idiot bringing bad publicity to his team or the league, but that's not clear.

And there is no covert racism in the NFL. There probably is some racism - the NFL's no different than anything else and bias exists - but to suggest that there is some seedy network of racists back-channeling racially motivated blackballs is complete and utter nonsense. Do you think Steven Ross, the Maras, Rooneys, Paul Allen, etc would just play along and keep the dirty little secret? And who are the ringleaders? Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder pulling the strings and keeping all the other owners inline? Theories like this are just mind bogglingly stupid.

Why exactly do you call him a poison?? That's a much bigger issue here. The guy is doing what hundreds of other NFL players are doing, he was just the one that was attached to the cause.

No, no it's not. The ENTIRE issue is owners being scared to take a chance. His ABILITY is higher than the garbage that multiple teams are trotting out. I'll get into the stats and data with you if you'd like, but you cannot even debate that he's not better than Case Keenum, Jacoby Brissett, Mike Glennon, Brian Hoyer, etc...

It's just very convinenent for the people who are scared of who he is that he's not a great QB. It's worked out very nicely. Stop using that as a smoke screen for the real reason he's not getting a job.

Again, he's not getting a job because there are a tiny group of owners who are scared to deal with it.

Colin Kaepernick was ranked 23rd out of 30 QBs last year. Case Keenum was 30th. More than 100% of the difference in ranking is due to Kaepernick's rushing performance (he actually has a negative pass rating) because Keenum is a higher rated passer. The Rams need have Gurley, so they don't really need help in the run game. They don't really need to replace a mediocre throwing QB with a worse one, particularly one who brings nothing but bad press for misguided protests.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/year/2016

Last edited:
let me clarify, before I get dragged back into this "oh everything is racist to you" strawman:

I think the primary motivation for blackballing him is because he's a distraction...

secondary... well... it IS racist. if he was protesting something the establishment could get behind... doubt he'd be blackballed right now. if he was kneeling to oppose "the Fight for $15," to Support "Blue Lives Matter," or was kneeling to say CTE is a made up condition and there are no risks to playing football and having your brain smash into the walls of your cranium thousands of times is totally cool... you know, causes the billionaire NFL owners can get behind, he would be on a roster.

it's great though the NFL is feeling pressure on this.

They're a shitty, entitled monopoly, run by almost uniformly by awful human beings... (you know it's bad when Al Davis dying is a net loss to your collective morality and competence) they now produce a "product" that is almost unwatchable, and if you look at their attendance figures, it shows.

the current NFL deserves to be flushed down the toilet.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you believe that NFL owners who are reluctant to sign Kaepernick are racists? Actual racists?

no, see my immediately prior post

edit: some of them probably are, but that's neither here nor there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are not all the players who are protesting blackballed then? Why only Kaepernick?

Colin Kaepernick was ranked 23rd out of 30 QBs last year. Case Keenum was 30th. More than 100% of the difference in ranking is due to Kaepernick's rushing performance (he actually has a negative pass rating) because Keenum is a higher rated passer. The Rams need have Gurley, so they don't really need help in the run game. They don't really need to replace a mediocre throwing QB with a worse one, particularly one who brings nothing but bad press for misguided protests.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/year/2016

Case Keenum is a mediocre throwing QB? Stop being a fucking idiot.

maybe the entire NFL is racist. RG III is unemployed and his career stats are very similar to C.K.

CK 59.8 comp%, 7.25 YPA, 88.9 rating, 6.1 yards per rush
RGIII 63.3%, 7.42 YPA, 88.4 rating, 6.1 yards per rush

We are discussing Case Keenum because he is among a handful of guys starting as NFL QBs that are worse than Kaepernick.

Tom, come on. RG3 is unemployed because he can't stay healthy for 5 minutes. You know better than that.

maybe the entire NFL is racist. RG III is unemployed and his career stats are very similar to C.K.

CK 59.8 comp%, 7.25 YPA, 88.9 rating, 6.1 yards per rush
RGIII 63.3%, 7.42 YPA, 88.4 rating, 6.1 yards per rush

200_s.gif

I say it's a combination of both - it's not like there aren't shittier shitty quarterbacks in the league.

It's just he's shitty AND there's the baggage.

If Kaepernik produced and won games, people would overlook the controversy.

Ali was controversial - he was high in demand. Because he was great.

We are discussing Case Keenum because he is among a handful of guys starting as NFL QBs that are worse than Kaepernick.

Keenum is a backup who is starting because the starter got injured. Has it ever been confirmed that he would even sign a deal with a team as a backup?

I say it's a combination of both - it's not like there aren't shittier shitty quarterbacks in the league.

It's just he's shitty AND there's the baggage.

If Kaepernik produced and won games, people would overlook the controversy.

Ali was controversial - he was high in demand. Because he was great.

This is precisely what I said, in different words. If Kap were that good, he'd be playing ... but he's not and his 'baggage' associated with being Black ...Ferguson, MO and every-polarizingthing-else. Same with others (ahem, Timmay!!!!)

Last edited:
I forgot, the Conservative PC Police have a rule that something or someone can be considered racist ONLY IF they are in the act of killing or attempting to kill a member of a different race WHILE openly stating they are acting that way solely because of racial enmity.

and even then, before and after the action occurs, they are not racist, and it's not fair to say that. Quit whining about it!

Hitler? he's not currently killing Jews, is he? NOT RACIST!

Robert E Lee merely describing African Americans as lazy, justifying physical punishment of them, and hoping Virginia would expel any free blacks so they wouldn't receive the same political rights as whites? He didn't personally try to kill any blacks, did he??? NOT RACIST!

the pro-Klan protestors in Chancellorsville? Hey they aren't CURRENTLY trying to murder any African Americans... NOT RACIST!

Government policies that "just happen" to screw over mostly African Americans, Hispanic immigrants, Muslims... NOT RACIST! Hey if they didn't want to be screwed over, maybe they shouldn't all have been lazy, broken arbitrary immigration laws, or supported terrorism... and it's NOT RACIST to say that... because it's TRUE!!!

This is dumb even for you.

Last edited:
let me clarify, before i get dragged back into this "oh everything is racist to you" strawman:

I think the primary motivation for blackballing him is because he's a distraction...

Secondary... Well... like everything else i don't like, it is racist.

fify

Case Keenum is a mediocre throwing QB? Stop being a fucking idiot.

Sorry, I should have said "replace a bad throwing QB with a worse one." Doesn't really change the argument though does it genius? I'm being facetious there, you're a moron.

Last edited:
This is precisely what I said, in different words. If Kap were that good, he'd be playing ... but he's not and his 'baggage' associated with being Black ...Ferguson, MO and every-polarizingthing-else. Same with others (ahem, Timmay!!!!)

Not precisely. By both I believe he means he's shitty and the baggage is too much, not that he is shitty and is also black. Tinsel?

Back