Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Spartans drop in polls again

everyoneneedsasmil

After continued lackluster performances, MSU drops again from 4th to 7th in the AP Poll. I can't fault the voters here at all, MSU simply hasn't looked like a top team since the injury bug hit. Whether you expect them to win next week or not, it's actually a perfect time to be facing a highly ranked opponent. A win takes the stink off the last 4 weeks and puts MSU right back into the conversation of top teams in the nation.

A loss admittedly ends all hope of the playoffs, but that's going to be true with any loss.

Gargantuan game for both teams.

Despite how Michigan has looked and it's in Ann Arbor I'm no more confident than fifty fifty.

The Spartans have been the clear champs of the state under Dantonio and the champ is the champ until beaten.

Gargantuan game for both teams.

Despite how Michigan has looked and it's in Ann Arbor I'm no more confident than fifty fifty.

The Spartans have been the clear champs of the state under Dantonio and the champ is the champ until beaten.

If we were half way healthy I still wouldn't give us 50%. Dantonio does get these guys ready to play their best game against UM though.

I could care less about the polls. I'm pretty happy with how we played yesterday given what we were dealing with.

I could care less about the polls. I'm pretty happy with how we played yesterday given what we were dealing with.

It's still really hard to get over "what could have been." I still believe this is an elite team if it would have stayed healthy. It's still a good team now, but I actually believe they had a shot at the championship. They are still winning despite difficult circumstances, and I'm proud of the team for soldiering through, but just... real championship chances don't come around every year.

It's still really hard to get over "what could have been." I still believe this is an elite team if it would have stayed healthy. It's still a good team now, but I actually believe they had a shot at the championship. They are still winning despite difficult circumstances, and I'm proud of the team for soldiering through, but just... real championship chances don't come around every year.

Right now we're somewhere between hobbled and decimated, if we can somehow survive the next two weeks and get to the bye that dream is still fully alive. It's just going to be really tough facing one of the toughest teams on the schedule and IU will be no joke if they have Sudfeld

It takes a little luck to win a title, we were remarkably healthy when we went 13-1 and won the Rose Bowl. Sucks if this season goes south because of injuries, but you have to take the good with the bad.

I think Conner Cook is a Championship QB and those don't come along very often, it would be frustrating to see his senior season wasted.

It's funny how TCU gets a pass for having an awful defense because of "injuries" yet no one mentions one injury when it comes to MSU. Going to be sweet winning a national championship this year.

It's funny how TCU gets a pass for having an awful defense because of "injuries" yet no one mentions one injury when it comes to MSU. Going to be sweet winning a national championship this year.

Is the B-ball team going to be that good ;)

I give MSU a 40% chance to win this weekend. One thing that most people don't talk about when it comes to UM is what the offense will do if they fall behind by 10-14 points. That is a perfect team (offense and defense) for a team with a lead. We don't know what they will do if they need to play catch up.

Back