Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Speight

Yep he came untouched, and Speight didn't seem to see him coming. It wasn't on his blind side though. But that play had bad news written all over it even if he did see him.

There was a similar play in the Illinois game. Can't remember if it was a delayed blitz or just the DE getting around Braden, but Speight was looking downfield and didn't see the guy coming around the left end until he got there. I guess it was technically his blind side, but he was opened up to his left looking downfield at the time. I do like the patience he showed on Saturday to hang in the pocket and go through progressions. Lack of awareness like this is something you're generally going to have to endure when you have a Sophomore QB in a pro-style system.

But speaking of Braden, I thought he did a pretty good job out there. If Bredensen can hold his own this might be a pretty good move. Didn't seem like JBB was quite ready. I'd rather have the weak spot on the inside in between two seniors than the outside.

I think the thing with Speight is he will never be flashy. He is steady and solid. You can easily call him a game manager. Its also how the offense is designed. He has gotten better as the season has moved on. Especially when you consider the first pass he threw this year was picked off. Sure he has things he needs to work on but he is just a RS So.

Yep he came untouched, and Speight didn't seem to see him coming. It wasn't on his blind side though. But that play had bad news written all over it even if he did see him.

And its plays like this that scare me come this weekend and the last weekend in November. Plays like the one that put us down early against Colorado are game changers in rivalry games.

Back