Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Spring Training games

There wasn't a single starter for the Met's in the game. It was a AA/AAA lineup for the Mets.

Not anymore concerned than I was before spring training started. Already was concerned enough then.

The back end of the rotation is the key imo.

That Mike Pelfrey signing still pisses me off

Zimmerman busting also has been worrisome. If he was on point We'd have a good 1-4. Would just need Boyd or someone else to step up.

Boyd took a good step forward today. Gose might have taken a step towards getting center field as well.

Another nice start by Zimmerman. 4 earned runs in 2/3 inning. Spring ERA up to 54.00. Looks like he picked up right where he left off.

Another nice start by Zimmerman. 4 earned runs in 2/3 inning. Spring ERA up to 54.00. Looks like he picked up right where he left off.

Coming off injury, maybe working on things .. I've never seen so many worry about ST games.

Last 4 they're 3-0-1 and winning today so far.. That's good, right? Playing better at the end of ST?

Last edited:
I don't worry about ST games. I am concerned about Zimmerman, the CF situation, Upton and the bull pen.

We had that last year and won 86 games. Some will go down, some will go up and some will stay the same. It's still a good team..

2-7 vs AL teams

5-5-2 vs NL Teams (4-0-1 last 5, all against NL teams)

3-0 vs ATL alone

Apparently Nick C. is going to go by Nicholus now..

Also "The Tigers are leaning towards batting him second, which would elevate his status as a fringe option in mixed leagues. More at-bats and runs scored will make up for any loss in RBI."
Mar 16 - 4:27 PM

With his lack of walk% I don't like this idea at all..

Last edited:
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/03/tigers_option_warwick_saupold.html#incart_river_index
Tigers cut Warwick Saupold, former Spartan A.J. Achter.
Mlive

Also on Monday, the Tigers optioned right-handed pitcher Sandy Baez to Single-A Lakeland and sent right-handers Achter, William Cuevas and Dustin Molleken and infielder Brett Pill to minor league camp.
Detroit also added right-handed pitcher Arcenio Leon to major league camp as a non-roster invitee to give the team 46 players in camp.

Back