Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford gone to rams

I can say with 100% HONESTLY that Goff got the worst of the deal. Rams to here? Sucks to be him.

The dude is making 33 million a year. He should be high on life every day. I am sure he can afford multiple houses. Sucks to be him only because his team will suck the next couple of years but hell Our new OC will probably hand the ball off a million times a game so he won?t be over worked. All he needs to buy now is just a couple of Warm Jackets 🧥.

Honestly I rather of just had the picks without Goff.

We wouldn't get the picks without taking Goff. We had to take Goff to get the trade to work and I believe we got more in return because we did it.

This was one thing I saw..

A League source told reporter Josina Anderson, "The Rams were screwed with a bad contract on (Jared) Goff and the #Lions helped them and don't even get a good pick this year. The Washington offer was better."

A League source told reporter Josina Anderson, "The Rams were screwed with a bad contract on (Jared) Goff and the #Lions helped them and don't even get a good pick this year. The Washington offer was better."

Do we know what it is ?

I like the trade for many reasons. First is a I assumed we would only get a 1 in 21 and maybe a 3 or a 4 in 22. We ended up with much more than that.

By getting Goff that means we do not have to take a QB in 21 id we dont want to. His contract is very managle. We are only on the hook for about 28 mil in 21 and 26 mil in 22 when you look at salaries and roster bonuses, We owe him nothing after that.

We can all agree next year may be rough so we can take a QB in 22 if we want to. Now we have the freedom to move down in 21 if we want and we now have the draft capital to move all around in 22 and 23. This deal could actually make the rebuild easier and quicker,

But if Stafford didn't want to go to Washington it doesn't matter what the offer was. It sounds like he wanted to be with the Rams. This deal makes way more sense than you seem to believe.

But if Stafford didn't want to go to Washington it doesn't matter what the offer was. It sounds like he wanted to be with the Rams. This deal makes way more sense than you seem to believe.

Not sure he had a choice. Even Holmes said they would do what was best for Detroit.

Last edited:
I like the trade for many reasons. First is a I assumed we would only get a 1 in 21 and maybe a 3 or a 4 in 22. We ended up with much more than that.

By getting Goff that means we do not have to take a QB in 21 id we dont want to. His contract is very managle. We are only on the hook for about 28 mil in 21 and 26 mil in 22 when you look at salaries and roster bonuses, We owe him nothing after that.

We can all agree next year may be rough so we can take a QB in 22 if we want to. Now we have the freedom to move down in 21 if we want and we now have the draft capital to move all around in 22 and 23. This deal could actually make the rebuild easier and quicker,

Thanks this makes me feel better wheels !

Also, these Stafford loyalists need to really look in the mirror and ask if they like him or the franchise more. Him and the rams underachieving or going down in flames is the absolute dream scenario, sorry to say it.

Also, these Stafford loyalists need to really look in the mirror and ask if they like him or the franchise more. Him and the rams underachieving or going down in flames is the absolute dream scenario, sorry to say it.

It?s sink or swim for Matt now.

Stafford wins super bowl or some playoff gsmes or lions get a good draft pick if he fails or rams get super injured...win win

So Funny NFL network is showing nothing but Goff Mistakes, and nothing but TD passes for Matt. So funny. I take that back they showed one completion for JG lol.

Last edited:
Back