Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford gone to rams

Five #1 picks over the next three years sounds nice. Hopefully the 2021 #7 pick can garner some more picks as qb’s move up the draft board.

Im fine with the value we got. Goff is awful... even as a short term bridge. Im pissed we didn't get any meaningful picks this year. If Holmes really had better offers and went with goff... he's a fucking idiot.

Ps...This is why this organization fucking sucks ass... they can't ever look in the mirror and understand what they are. This idiot holmes probably thinks we're only a couple pieces away lol. You had a chip you could have used to have 2 top 20 picks this year to rebuild the right way.. and it's pissed away and now goff is our qb lol. These people... where do they keep getting these idiots from?

You had a chance to rebuild and get the city excited... instead we have a 3rd rd pick and goff lol. I might just get a rams Stafford Jersey and call them my team for a couple years... jesus.

Last edited:
Ps...This is why this organization fucking sucks ass... they can't ever look in the mirror and understand what they are. This idiot holmes probably thinks we're only a couple pieces away lol. You had a chip you could have used to have 2 top 20 picks this year to rebuild the right way.. and it's pissed away and now goff is our qb lol. These people... where do they keep getting these idiots from?

You had a chance to rebuild and get the city excited... instead we have a 3rd rd pick and goff lol. I might just get a rams Stafford Jersey and call them my team for a couple years... jesus.

I might pick Buffalo.

Im fine with the value we got. Goff is awful... even as a short term bridge. Im pissed we didn't get any meaningful picks this year. If Holmes really had better offers and went with goff... he's a fucking idiot.

From what I have seen they did have a few offers that were a bit better but Staff preferred to go to the Rams. He did have some say and power in the situation. And lets face it the last thing we need is another great player bashing this organization

Reports out that washington offered 15. Holmes turned it down to help snead. Fuck this team and this shitty gm.

Goff to cephus... fucking awesome.

I really don?t get it. You were one who said you would be surprised if Denver would even give up the #9 and if they did you would jump on that in a heartbeat. How is two firsts and a 3rd plus a decent stop gap at quarterback worse? I?m no fan of Goff and I definitely don?t think he has any chance at being our ?future?, but he is better then anything we could?ve gotten off the streets this year. I understand he also costs a lot more, but we can get out of his deal after 2022 owing no dead money. You can backload some contracts and plan ahead to still get players in free agency that fit our long term goals. If we don?t take a QB this year then we still have a decent quarterback to help develop the skill players we get on offense.

Being honest about this team and where we are at it?s gonna be a rough year coming up. Who cares let?s get the high picks and get some blue chip players on this roster so hopefully in a couple years we can turn into perennial contenders and not be satisfied by going 8-8.

I really don?t get it. You were one who said you would be surprised if Denver would even give up the #9 and if they did you would jump on that in a heartbeat. How is two firsts and a 3rd plus a decent stop gap at quarterback worse? I?m no fan of Goff and I definitely don?t think he has any chance at being our ?future?, but he is better then anything we could?ve gotten off the streets this year. I understand he also costs a lot more, but we can get out of his deal after 2022 owing no dead money. You can backload some contracts and plan ahead to still get players in free agency that fit our long term goals. If we don?t take a QB this year then we still have a decent quarterback to help develop the skill players we get on offense.

Being honest about this team and where we are at it?s gonna be a rough year coming up. Who cares let?s get the high picks and get some blue chip players on this roster so hopefully in a couple years we can turn into perennial contenders and not be satisfied by going 8-8.

It puts us in the same position we were just in cap wise with no upside to picks this year lol. In the case of denver you get a qb with a rookie contract for 4 years... and someone for your defense at 9... call it micah parsons. Plus cap space! Boom building blocks to get excited about. Not fucking goff.

Reports out that washington offered 15. Holmes turned it down to help snead. Fuck this team and this shitty gm.

Told you Ram boys sticking together. Doesn't matter if its the Patriots like in the past or now the Rams. Wouldn't surprise me if we signed Rams free agents in the off season.

They could cut Goff tomorrow and I'm still on board with this trade, Goff sucks but is a minor part of the deal IMO. Lions will be bad in 2021 regardless of who's at QB.

Goff starts in 21 and opens in 22. Draft a QB at #1 in 22, slowly work him in. Cut Goff in 23 for free. Enjoy the extra 1st rounders.

The Lions also have the flexibility to move around in the next 3 drafts. If Holmes is actually good in day 2 and beyond they could easily trade back and get value. This is all about pick accumulation, spread out the rookie deals and we have a very cap friendly situation going forward.

I would have really liked the pick from WFT. I actually rather have the deal without Goff. I was checking the NFL team cap and we have less now actually it puts us over the cap. Assuming its accurate.

This trade is sorta revenge karma for the long ago trade of star wideout Ron Jessie to the Rams for RB Cullen Bryant, who refused to report to the Lions and ultimately won his case and was allowed to remain a Ram.

Goff cost the Rams a hellova lot of first round picks to draft and trade, and Rams fans by and large believe that their franchise got hosed, at least in part b/c they have no respect for the Lions, and think that they deserve to be the hosed instead.

Last edited:

Jesus, you?re acting like the lions were gonna be contenders next season. We were already against the cap anyways. Look at the lions complainers about Stafford throwing a bitch fit because they have to wait 1 season before we can start using our draft picks lol.

You need to research the cap situation with Goff also. The lions were projected to be right there against the cap in 2021. They didn?t have much money they were going to be able to use if any at all this off-season. So eating Goffs contract on a rebuilding year in which we were going to suck and not really be able to sign any free agents as is (also this free agency year sucks in my opinion) is really a moot point. Next year we do take a sizeable cap hit but it?s not a ridiculous one if we choose to trade or cut him. So basically it?s ONE season of cap hell we will have to endure. I don?t understand your panic.

That's the problem with this org. and maybe some of the fan base we always worry about tomorrow rather than today.

This trade is great for the Lions. Cannot believe they pulled this off. You get 2 firsts and a third.

Cap money is meaningless the next couple years with Goff?s contract as the Lions won?t looking to be signing FAs during the rebuild anyway. You have all that Space freed up in 2023 when you might want to spend. This deal is so smart.

And Goff was great just two years ago, considered a top 5 QB. He has a 2 year audition.

This trade is great for the Lions. Cannot believe they pulled this off. You get 2 firsts and a third.

Cap money is meaningless the next couple years with Goff?s contract as the Lions won?t looking to be signing FAs during the rebuild anyway. You have all that Space freed up in 2023 when you might want to spend. This deal is so smart.

And Goff was great just two years ago, considered a top 5 QB. He has a 2 year audition.

2 years no FA 2 years more of being bad guarantee you're all going to want Campbell and Holmes gone after 2022.

Back