Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford Versus Winning Teams

2013 and 2015 i said lions were better than their record. I was told by everyone here that you are what your record says. Now all of a sudden a nine win team is really a six win team. Gtfo and never come back

What I can remember asking of you was not to do the 'fluke loss' and 'true wins'.
Also, specifically not to troll, bait, and for the sake of making it an enjoyable Lions forum, just agree to disagree on subjects like this one after awhile, so it doesn't upset most of the Lions' forum posters and move on. This is for all here.

No need to add anything.

2013 and 2015 i said lions were better than their record. I was told by everyone here that you are what your record says. Now all of a sudden a nine win team is really a six win team. Gtfo and never come back

You, of all people, are trying to play the posting credibility card? Major failure.

The problem is you saying that some losses were "true wins" which is ridiculous to everyone except for you.

Teams can be better or worse than their records indicate. The Lions had a negative point differential this year (-12) with a 9-7 record. 2015 (-42) with a 7-9 record and a positive one in 2013 (+19) with a record of 7-9.

I would buy an argument that they were a little better than their record in 2013 and a little worse than their record this year.

A little better than their record is a true win. It is semantics

Now hughes saying they are a 6 win team. And the haters are gobbling it up

You do realize you should be pro lions not lions haters right?

And i will never agree with so called lions fan who discredits the lions efforts. Ever

Oh they were lucky to win. Really a 6 win team. That is the same as true win and fluke losses. Just the opposite poi t of view. You all want to hate so you accept thise statements but not mine when i provide ample play by play stat by stat evidence that they were better than their records

The problem is you saying that some losses were "true wins" which is ridiculous to everyone except for you.

Teams can be better or worse than their records indicate. The Lions had a negative point differential this year (-12) with a 9-7 record. 2015 (-42) with a 7-9 record and a positive one in 2013 (+19) with a record of 7-9.

I would buy an argument that they were a little better than their record in 2013 and a little worse than their record this year.

They were 3 wins better than their record in 2013. 3 wins better than thier record in 2015 and 2 wins at least better than their record this season

When they start winning, I'll stop being a so-called "hater."

Actually if anything, I'm completely emotionally turned away from the team, and have been for the better part of a decade. When Michigan lost to OSU, that was legit pain and frustration for me. When the Lions lose, it's very meh. They'll start to earn my care and passion again when they win a playoff game.

It's pretty easy to discredit a team that hasn't done anything in 50 years.

They did win. They did make the playoffs. Michigan is a garbagr college team. Penn state was the best in the big ten. What has michigan won lately. Nothing..michigan didnt even make their playoffs or big ten title game. Lions were in north champ game and playoff. Lions have done more than michigan recently

Michigan is the 3rd best team in their division. They are the vikings

Last edited:
When they start winning, I'll stop being a so-called "hater."

Actually if anything, I'm completely emotionally turned away from the team, and have been for the better part of a decade. When Michigan lost to OSU, that was legit pain and frustration for me. When the Lions lose, it's very meh. They'll start to earn my care and passion again when they win a playoff game.

It's pretty easy to discredit a team that hasn't done anything in 50 years.

What do you mean win nothing? I must remind you in the past 3 years we've raised two playoff banners. That's the pinnacle. Noting to accomplish after being a top 12ish team in the regular season.

Michigan hasnt won a big ten title since 2004. Penn state has won it 3 times since then. Michigan doesnt win

Michigan hasnt won a big ten title since 2004. Penn state has won it 3 times since then. Michigan doesnt win

I'll take 2004 over 1993 any day.

Or 1997 over 1957 for that matter.

Saying Stafford SHOULD win in the playoffs with this roster is a reach, IMO.

We sit here and say how many holes this team has.....in fact......there are countless pages of arguments with LKP about it. Our Oline sucks. LB's are the worst in the NFL. Secondary sucks. DLine is a joke. Ansah has disappeared. Ngata is awful. Ebron is a waste. NO running game. JBC's gameplan sucks. Caldwell is too conservative. Austin doesn't know what he's doing......

Then we turn around and say how Stafford isn't elite because he cant win in the playoffs.

I'm sure I'll be alone in this thought......but I think #9 is the MAIN reason we even won 9 games. Expecting him to overcome all the other shortcomings this team has is asinine.

Maybe I had too much Kool-Aid this morning......I just don't understand the hate.

Phenomenal post, my brother! Spot on. Don't know what you can add to this. Media, fans, non fans, analysts absolutely destroy this team up and down like they stole something. Most of it is justified but some isn't. Bottomline, this team stinks. Our coaches stink etc etc etc. Then you get the same schmucks that are calling for the QBs head because he can't get them over the hump. When is Stafford gonna win a big game? When is Stafford gonna beat a good team? Stafford! Stafford! Stafford! It's sickening. Stafford has done so much and I don't know what else he can do. Watching that Seattle game says it all. The drops, the imploding of players, the penalties, the refs, the playcalling. The look on Stafford's face just painted a picture. And the picture was puzzling, disappointment, disbelief, shock, frusturation. The list goes on and on. And i'm not trying to post a "oh poor Stafford" because yes, he needs to be better as well but he gets no help from anyone. It's deflating.

Phenomenal post, my brother! Spot on. Don't know what you can add to this. Media, fans, non fans, analysts absolutely destroy this team up and down like they stole something. Most of it is justified but some isn't. Bottomline, this team stinks. Our coaches stink etc etc etc. Then you get the same schmucks that are calling for the QBs head because he can't get them over the hump. When is Stafford gonna win a big game? When is Stafford gonna beat a good team? Stafford! Stafford! Stafford! It's sickening. Stafford has done so much and I don't know what else he can do. Watching that Seattle game says it all. The drops, the imploding of players, the penalties, the refs, the playcalling. The look on Stafford's face just painted a picture. And the picture was puzzling, disappointment, disbelief, shock, frusturation. The list goes on and on. And i'm not trying to post a "oh poor Stafford" because yes, he needs to be better as well but he gets no help from anyone. It's deflating.

The team has talent in many positions

But then there are injuries. No run game again due to that

Stafford injury during 4 most crucial games. What did we do to derserve that. Rodgers and Brady should have their fuckung throwing hands amputated as far as I am concerned

And then there are lapses. Drops, a blown block. Good players having one or two bad plays a game at the wrong time which hurt this team. Drops and personal fouls for example. Jones one drop, boldin one, Tate one, ebron one. They just added up. Plus the Rb injuries

The defense. Did well in middle of season. Bookends were bad. 2011 playoff game bad. 2014 playoff game 24 points allowed. 2016 playoff game bad. The defense has talent but some issues now too. Pass rush being the biggest despite 4 good to solid players on Dline.

Stafford will be extended and will continue to be a good qb. Need someone to show up on playoffs with him

And i will never agree with so called lions fan who discredits the lions efforts. Ever

Oh they were lucky to win. Really a 6 win team. That is the same as true win and fluke losses. Just the opposite poi t of view. You all want to hate so you accept thise statements but not mine when i provide ample play by play stat by stat evidence that they were better than their records

I don't owe them anything. I've rooted for them for 45 years since I was six. They owe me, and so far they have failed. Maybe when you're 50 you'll feel differently. I watch football to be entertained, and win or lose I'm usually entertained at least a little bit. But I don't need to stroke their ego.. I don't need to be some super fan boy.. I don't think Monster's website could take it. We already have one.

Pro sporting teams could give a rat's ass about their fans. They care about money, and money alone.

Fans owe teams NOTHING. Sports are entertainment. If they aren't entertaining, they don't deserve my emotional attachment.

Pro sporting teams could give a rat's ass about their fans. They care about money, and money alone.

Fans owe teams NOTHING. Sports are entertainment. If they aren't entertaining, they don't deserve my emotional attachment.

Truth in that. Eventually coaches and players go elsewhere or even retire. All that's left is us..

Back