Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stauskus and Robinson III to enter draft

hungry

per University of Michigan...

McGary still up in the air.

McGary is the key. If he returns, it's still a title team. If not, they could be in trouble.

PG- Walton
SG- Levert
SF- Irvin
PF- Donnal
C- McGary

If Donnal can stretch the defense out, Michigan can be very dangerous.

I just don't see how McGary goes pro. Would he even be able to participate in pre-draft workouts?

JB says not fully in contact yet for Mitch

I posted in other thread some of the comments picked up from twitter
About nik and Glenn

Glenn says he made final decision last night. I think his advisory report still had some questions

Nik was happy with his report and this is what he has ways wanted

Neither has signed with an agent yet

Last edited:
Bacari tweeted cone to michigan
Three scholarships open now

Transfers and late signees

Bacari tweeted cone to michigan
Three scholarships open now

Transfers and late signees

Going after another former NBA player's son. Aubrey Dawkins, son of Johnny Dawkins. I guess the roster just wouldn't look right without one!

It is hilarious how much that happens with Michigan. Dumars, Hardaway, Robinson, who am I missing?

Mitch has stated that he cannot participate in predraft workouts or combines

to me, it's a no-brainer that he stays...

Maybe it's just don't want to steal the thunder from Nik and Glenn

Plus reconcile if he probably stays while his close friend Glenn goes

As for the MBA connection throw in bartelstein too

I have heard Bacari and Lavall talk about it
Attribute it to be beilrin style and integrity because you're not going to pull a fast one on people with Nba exposure
You also have to remember that Horford, dumars and Hardaway were not highly recruited

If Chatman is as good as advertised, could go with:

PG- Walton
SG- LeVert
SF- Irvin
PF- Chatman
C- McGary

Beilein doesn't like two big men anyways, that will probably be the look.

I don't get the impression that chatman will play the four, even for beilein

I wish them both the best, have to think GR3 would have been better suited to stay another year, but that's his choice.

Why not DR?

Walton- 6'1
Levert- 6'6
Stauskas- 6'6
Robinson- 6'6
Morgan- 6'8

You would be looking at identical measurables 1 through 4. 6'1, 6'6, 6'6 (Irvin), 6'6 (Chatman), and 6'10 (McGary). Rivals says Chatman is one of the top rebounding wings for the entire class of 2014. As soon as he gets used to the conference, he can pick up right where Robinson left off with rebounds. Maybe Donnal will start and Chatman can be that 6th man, but I don't know how inclined Beilein will be with two guys in the post.

Mainly just word of mouth. A couple of sources (mgoblog and sam webb maybe) have shot down that idea, but I agree on paper there doesn't seem to be much difference between him and Robinson. I doubt he's the freak athlete that Glenn is, but I do remember that rebounding comment, and we should never underestimate Beilein's willingness to go small. I just think his end plan is to have a bigger, but still skilled and athletic player at the 4. Donnal and Wilson should fit that bill.

Caris going to have to sharpen up

He has to really be on next year

Oh yeah, he's gonna have to be the man. A lot will be riding on Irvin too, to step up and be a consistent second scorer. Consistency will be the key word for both of those guys.

Last edited:
Back